The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Give them 6 days they’ll postpone the season
:patrice: IDK, I was reading up yesterday on just how much college football means for some of those local towns' revenue. If they thought the domestic violence increase was bad before, you add not having any college football on top of all the other fukkery going on rn and places like Waco and Lubbock might burn to the ground :picard:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Y'all don't seem to need to know Urban on a personal level to get them posts off :patrice:

yeah, but when multiple players from Florida speak out on the things he did, when you have multiple coach indiscretions, when your wife speaks out about kneeling, aaaaaand allegedly didn’t report any abuse she saw(as a health care provider by law you have to report abuse) your wife is a reflection of you and like values, true you may not mirror her exactly, but you not gon be ok with how your lady gets down and say fukk it and marry her anyway, Harbaugh can be a lot of things based on who you ask, but a pos ain’t one of them, he’s just a weirdo

Kevin Warren is a GENIUS. He flipped his own ineptitude into Nebraska being the problem

Wilbon & Desmond Howard can both eat a dikk

whoa don’t speak I’ll on Desmond he’s part of the Michigan mafia, and Wilbon is chi-town so that’s a no go

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 play their seasons, the Big 10 will die as a conference. Pac 12 for all intents and purposes has been dead since USC fell off.

This is a huge gamble by the Big 10 to cancel before the SEC, ACC, and Big 12. They will be hurt in recruiting by this if those other conferences play. They will lose the perception war. And obviously the loss in revenue will be devastating.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
If the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 play their seasons, the Big 10 will die as a conference. Pac 12 for all intents and purposes has been dead since USC fell off.

This is a huge gamble by the Big 10 to cancel before the SEC, ACC, and Big 12. They will be hurt in recruiting by this if those other conferences play. They will lose the perception war. And obviously the loss in revenue will be devastating.

Well you're right about the Pac-12, it was easy for them to cancel the season because nationally they don't have clout anymore, I mean sure a Washington or Oregon can sneak into the Playoffs every now and then but still, you got top recruits leaving the West Coast to play out east and down south now.

The B1G will be fine, at least the Big 4 programs will (Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin).

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Do y'all think the recent drama with Nebraska and the B1G may lead to more Independents? Or would that be a mistake financially?

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I can’t shyt on the Big10 and Pac 12 cuz if I was a decision maker I would cancel too

I can't really blame them tbh, the report about the players have heart conditions after catching covid would be enough for me but I can't shyt on Nebraska for wanting to play either. This is a huge mess.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

would it be college football without a swaggnificant prediction :youngsabo:

no kid that originally wanted to go to any of those schools will say, wow you guys didn’t want to play in a pandemic, i guess let me look at sec schools, as long bags drop, and the schools exist, ain’t no damn body going anywhere, California has been down talent wise but most of there talent stays west, you get a couple here and there that will move around but less likely, you don’t see a ton of kids going cross country East to west and vice versa so don’t expect a ton of Cali and Washington kids to end up in the southeast, now if the tv contract for any conference were to expire and there was no plan then there might be trouble, which interesting enough the big 12 and Pac 12 tv contracts are coming up, and word around the campfire the villagers are restless about the parameters of the last contract so expect some changes to come

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Do y'all think the recent drama with Nebraska and the B1G may lead to more Independents? Or would that be a mistake financially?
Fools gold, you won’t have a big enough following to draw tv money and most schools schedule is up 5 or 10 years so it’s not feasible, and getting in the big 12 would be hustling backwards

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:patrice: IDK, I was reading up yesterday on just how much college football means for some of those local towns' revenue. If they thought the domestic violence increase was bad before, you add not having any college football on top of all the other fukkery going on rn and places like Waco and Lubbock might burn to the ground :picard:

there’s not going to be any fans or tailgating if the season were to occur so those small towns are to be hurt anyway