The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't really blame them tbh, the report about the players have heart conditions after catching covid would be enough for me but I can't shyt on Nebraska for wanting to play either. This is a huge mess.

But permenant brain damage from CTE is fine?

If long term detrimental affects to athletes are why the season was cancelled, then football should never be played again.

Lets stop falling for the BS. The real reason the Big 10 and Pac 12 cancelled is because of the demands made by their players. They didn't want to give in to the demands. Player safety was just a cop out.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: IDK, I was reading up yesterday on just how much college football means for some of those local towns' revenue. If they thought the domestic violence increase was bad before, you add not having any college football on top of all the other fukkery going on rn and places like Waco and Lubbock might burn to the ground :picard:
I bet all the wives of these rednecks are praying there’s a season. With all this black lives matter stuff AND potentially no football? These rednecks gone take all they anger out on they wives :damn:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 play their seasons, the Big 10 will die as a conference. Pac 12 for all intents and purposes has been dead since USC fell off.

This is a huge gamble by the Big 10 to cancel before the SEC, ACC, and Big 12. They will be hurt in recruiting by this if those other conferences play. They will lose the perception war. And obviously the loss in revenue will be devastating.
@smitty22 yall gone go independent or join the SEC permanently if B1G is done? :troll:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

If long term detrimental affects to athletes are why the season was cancelled, then football should never be played again.

Lets stop falling for the BS. The real reason the Big 10 and Pac 12 cancelled is because of the demands made by their players. They didn't want to give in to the demands. Player safety was just a cop out.

I already acknowledged that the players speaking out was a reason and yeah to them player safety definitely isn't a chief concern if they're planning on a spring season.

If player safety was a chief concern to them then the season should've been cancelled back in May cause nothing about this virus has changed since.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
would it be college football without a swaggnificant prediction :youngsabo:

no kid that originally wanted to go to any of those schools will say, wow you guys didn’t want to play in a pandemic, i guess let me look at sec schools, as long bags drop, and the schools exist, ain’t no damn body going anywhere, California has been down talent wise but most of there talent stays west, you get a couple here and there that will move around but less likely, you don’t see a ton of kids going cross country East to west and vice versa so don’t expect a ton of Cali and Washington kids to end up in the southeast, now if the tv contract for any conference were to expire and there was no plan then there might be trouble, which interesting enough the big 12 and Pac 12 tv contracts are coming up, and word around the campfire the villagers are restless about the parameters of the last contract so expect some changes to come

Kids are fickle. You are assuming they think logically and rationally. Also I can think of a strong argument the SEC coaches will use in recruiting. They will say that next year's recruits will be battling with an extra year of upperclassmen considering the fact the NCAA may grant an extra year of eligibility to the players who didn't get to play this year. More competition = less chance at early playing time.

If I was a recruit that would be something I would consider.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Kids are fickle. You are assuming they think logically and rationally. Also I can think of a strong argument the SEC coaches will use in recruiting. They will say that next year's recruits will be battling with an extra year of upperclassmen considering the fact the NCAA may grant an extra year of eligibility to the players who didn't get to play this year. More competition = less chance at early playing time.

If I was a recruit that would be something I would consider.

kids are fickle but that won’t stop nothing that’s not accounted for, and most folks who are sure picks are gone, and if they have a season it might be more game film on less know folks so more might get drafted, but whether they do or don’t it’s plenty of competition, and most sec school chronically over recruit, so there will be a bunch of bodies, so what are we saying here

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

You ain’t wrong, but it ain’t right neither. At this time next year, that’ll be a full year after some of these athletes have caught the virus and they’ll be able to see if there are any lingering leg effects. Of course college football will be played again.. but you gotta understand that we’re in the middle of a pandemic. One that we don’t know how our bodies will react if we catch it.

Like I’ve said before, i see both sides. An argument can be made by both, and it’ll make total sense.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

cte is a trade on the back end for gain currently, that’s like when one dude said I’ll pay your fine if you gotta go up top on me, because he knows if he gets an acl or ankle he’s automatically lost a year and a step, and it’s a black mark on his record, if your heart or lungs get fukked up, that’s it, you will never be the same, and if it takes some really promising kid out then that’s it, the big/pac are looking at liability, because if a kid dies, that will fukk up the sec’s recruiting for years to come period

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You ain’t wrong, but it ain’t right neither. At this time next year, that’ll be a full year after some of these athletes have caught the virus and they’ll be able to see if there are any lingering leg effects. Of course college football will be played again.. but you gotta understand that we’re in the middle of a pandemic. One that we don’t know how our bodies will react if we catch it.

Like I’ve said before, i see both sides. An argument can be made by both, and it’ll make total sense.

CTE and permanent brain damage is scientifically confirmed and last I checked nobody stopped football for that. I think the media hyping up covid got you thinking its the only risk these athletes are taking. Football is an inherently dangerous sport. There is no way to make it safe.

If you play football you are basically accepting the risk for serious health issues going forward. Covid ain't no bigger than CTE.