The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Look. I had covid earlier this year. I had the mucus coming from my lungs. I had the cough that lasted over two weeks. I had the loss of appetite and was in bed tired and fatigued for a couple of days. You don't need to lecture me on this virus. I actually have first hand experience.

For the record, I rarely get sick during flu season so when I got covid it surprised me. It sucked for about 2 days where I just wanted to stay in bed. However, after that the only thing that sucked about covid was the annoying cough that lasted for about 2.5 weeks. The cough while it lasted way longer than any other cough I ever had was not as bad as a common cold because as you stated the infection was located in the lungs rather than the throat. And cause the lungs don't have nerve endings like the throat I didn't feel that irritation you typically feel in the throat when coughing a lot during a typical cold. Since that 2.5 week period of having covid, I have had no long term symptoms. I didn't needs months to recover. I am a 32 year old in reasonable health with no history of immune issues.

Most people who have had covid have either my story or as was the case for my brother had zero symptoms in the first place. Very few people are at risk of the things you have cited. Most people recover quickly like I did or are completely asymptomatic. I'm telling you CTE is scarier than covid cause I already beat covid but brain damage along with all the other dangers that come from playing football is why I never played the sport growing up. CTE, spine injuries, and such should be way scarier than covid for the typically young healthy men who are playing football.

CTE is a confirmed reality. The risk for lung and heart issues from covid is pure conjecture at this point. What we know for sure right now is that most young people of good health are completely asymptomatic to covid. Its a virus that is seriously affecting mostly older or immune compromised folks.

If I'm a football player that is concerned about covid, I should never play football again cause CTE has more science backing it than what they are saying right now about long term lung and heart issues. I don't know about you but the brain is just as important as the heart and lungs.

:mindblown:

now you prognosticating on the prognosis, and what people typically go through if they catch, sir you don’t have the wherewithal nor credentials to remotely say what you typed and had the nerve to believe, cte aside (no one is here to debate the detriment of that I’m just explaining why a kid will deal with the cte vs covid)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
If the SEC, ACC & Big 12 succesfully have a full season they getting Kevin Warren black ass outta Chicago
Maybe, but I think he's said most of the right things. Nebraska being ass for two decades shouldnt be trying to go the big boy route like they are. If OSU or Penn State took such a irreverent stance, itd be another thing. and I mean no personal disrespect, but Nebraska aint even got the name like that anymore.

OSU fans might be pissed since they'll probably end up losing a ton of stars and will only be left with the bad taste of the Clemson game, but I feel like the rest of the B10 will only be mildly upset. Not upset enough to try to boycott future games or do petitions or none of that shyt

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
You do know almost everyone in this country has been exposed to covid by now? Most people (like my brother) were asymptomatic. Others like me had a few days of feeling like shyt and an annoying cough that lasted a few weeks. Then we recovered and are completely fine. The number of people who have had severe reactions to covid is minuscule. Especially in people who are young and healthy. Not surprisingly if you are old, obese, or have a weak immune system, you are gonna have a worse reaction to viruses than young healthy people who take care of themselves.
you got as much medical expertise as about anyone in this thread, so I wont say you're full of shyt for giving your opinion

but just using your logic here, if that many people in this country, a country with horribly low medical services in many states, alot of obesity + hypertension, and alot of old, had caught this disease....why wouldnt we have even more deaths

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
If the SEC, ACC & Big 12 succesfully have a full season they getting Kevin Warren black ass outta Chicago

No they not :rudy:
They're erring on the side of caution which is smart and most everybody in the conference agrees on except for shyt ass Lincoln and their bum ass cornfed fanbase and punk ass coach.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
now you prognosticating on the prognosis, and what people typically go through if they catch, sir you don’t have the wherewithal nor credentials to remotely say what you typed and had the nerve to believe, cte aside (no one is here to debate the detriment of that I’m just explaining why a kid will deal with the cte vs covid)

Maybe I should have been more precise. The risk for LONG TERM damage to the lungs is pure conjecture for most people. I had issues with covid for 2.5 weeks. That was months ago. Been symptom and problem free since then. Just like with any other cold or flu. My lungs are perfectly fine. Just like the rest of my body.

I meant to say LONG TERM affects are pure conjecture at this point considering there is no evidence to support it. Only a few people are having issues that last beyond that short period of time when the body is fighting off the infection. I don't know why you are acting like covid is something completely foreign. Its a virus. We've seen many throughout our history as a species. Its how we've been able to last this long. If our bodies weren't able to fight off viruses like this we would have ceased to exist as a species long ago.

Most people who get covid have a story similar to mine or even more benign symptoms. That is why I'm saying CTE would cause me more fear than covid. CTE is surefire brain damage. Hell the risk for spinal injuries scares the fukk outta me which is why I never played football. Covid would not be that high on my concern list if I was a young healthy football player. Covid is an issue that is more damaging to the old and immune compromised. Its not as dangerous to young healthy people. However, injuries to the spine and brain don't discriminate. They don't take it easy on you because you are young or have a healthy immune system. They will seriously affect your life regardless of who you are.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but just using your logic here, if that many people in this country, a country with horribly low medical services in many states, alot of obesity + hypertension, and alot of old, had caught this disease....why wouldnt we have even more deaths

Because if a lot of people died every time a new virus showed up, the human species would've gone extinct a long time ago. The only reason humans are around right now is because we have natural defenses built up over millions of years of evolution to fight off new pathogens that infect our bodies. You think covid is the first novel virus our species has seen?

There's a reason its affecting the old and immune compromised the most. Most people have the natural defenses to take it on with relative ease. Which is why the death rate is much lower than the media hype.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're erring on the side of caution which is smart and most everybody in the conference agrees on except for shyt ass Lincoln and their bum ass cornfed fanbase and punk ass coach.

People don't care about caution. They care about who is ultimately right and who is ultimately wrong. If the other conferences are able to play safely and complete their seasons then folks will come down on the heads of the Big 10 and Pac 12 leadership. Remember we are dealing with people's livelihoods as well if the season isn't played. A lot of these college towns will be economically damaged if no games are played. If other conferences are able to show you could have had games and kept folks safe then the folks in leadership at the Big 10 and Pac 12 who decided to cancel the season will rightfully be put to task by their fan bases.

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Why isn't Ohio State getting this same treatment in the media when Ryan Day agreed with us & said the same thing :jbhmm:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Why isn't Ohio State getting this same treatment in the media when Ryan Day agreed with us & said the same thing :jbhmm:

I dont give a shyt what the media says but it's cause in times like these everybody needs a laugh and Nebraska wanting to play football like they doing anything more than exercising is funny to everybody.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
tenor.gif

Your lungs and heart being attacked is not a made up notion, that is happening, it does not matter if you are young or old you run the risk of your lungs being Swiss cheese, hence people being down bad if they catch it, and you can take from 3-12 months to recover if you recover, because one thing you learn in pathology diseases don’t always follow the book but you don’t have to believe me, look at what those quacks at John Hopkins said
What Coronavirus Does to the Lungs

cinematic_rendering_images_4-6_portlet-07264342~8.jpg

This is what’s happening to your lungs, they are getting flooded with mucos, from which is no guarantee you will recover from.

Cte is understood to effect you later in life so football players trade in their later years to make good money and provide for their family, Here and now, you catch covid you may never come back, and that’s the difference any time your lungs or heart is attacked you are never the same period. But what do i know, i just play a doctor on TV

Make sure you return dem scrubs and stethoscopes to the Props Director before you clock out as an extra on set too, nikka. You know you can't wear that shyt to Savannah when you im the kitchen whipping up that clam chowder :mjgrin: