The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Yeah I think LSU fans play up the Saban thing more if it's true what he said. Like the fact that Saban coached there is irrelevant now, that was 16 years ago. Early in the Saban era at Bama, sure but now like you said, it's all about the high profile players, close finishes, and National Title implications, none of the National Media plays up the Saban Bowl thing anymore.
Nick Saban has made it a big emphasis on recruiting Louisiana right or wrong? That to go with the fact that he coached here and bought LSU their 1st title since the 50s will always make him the key figure in the rivalry

There’s a lot of NFL players on the field when LSU plays Florida too

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Are you forgetting the LSU-UF games when Tebow was there? There were very similar to how the LSU-Bama is now, at the end of the day Bama and LSU being the big game is always contingent on both teams being good that’s the point I’m making, if both teams have muiltiple losses when they play would the national pundit be checking for that game? Nope

And LSU fans aren’t anticipating how the offense will look this offseason like y’all are because we know Coach O isn’t Les Miles. Coach O was committed to changing the offense and he did
Urban led Florida coulda played FAMU and it would've been the biggest game of the week breh

you don't judge what's the biggest game on it's lows IMO, you judge it on its highs. the only games doing numbers (with all being top 4) like LSU/Bama is Michigan/OSU and Auburn/Alabama, and I wouldn't have even listed those two if they didn't chart well with each featuring one down team. Iron Bowl ratings among highest of season LSU and Florida didn't do numbers like that and UF was just coming off sonning Auburn and LSU was obv undefeated

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

some dude from Destin called it to Finebum today and brought up the underdiscussed point of potential fatalities, and the media fallout...I think we gonna find that out the hard way :snoop: statistically speaking, out of that many 260+ men, at least one gonna have a sum that would get sparked by COVID...NCAA running into a buzz saw

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Urban led Florida coulda played FAMU and it would've been the biggest game of the week breh

you don't judge what's the biggest game on it's lows IMO, you judge it on its highs. the only games doing numbers (with all being top 4) like LSU/Bama is Michigan/OSU and Auburn/Alabama, and I wouldn't have even listed those two if they didn't chart well with each featuring one down team. Iron Bowl ratings among highest of season LSU and Florida didn't do numbers like that and UF was just coming off sonning Auburn and LSU was obv undefeated
If my memory serves me right LSU-Florida this year was played at night competing with other big games, I think USC-ND game, obviously that game is goin to take away a lot of viewers

You’re arguing biggest games and I’m saying whose our biggest rivals we’re talking about 2 different things, my point still stand, when both teams are average and both fanbase our still anticipating the game like it’s a huge game, that’s a indication of how strong the rivalry is. The general fanbase don’t really care about the Washington-Washington st but those fans do. If and when Bama and LSU fall off their golden age it’s not goin to be as big of a game to the fanbase it’s just goin to be deemed “two SEC west rivals goin at it”

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
From everything I’m hearing about Myles Brennan offseason and with the talent they have in the skills position, I will be very surprised if LSU does not have a top 2 offense in the SEC this year