The OFFICIAL 2019 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Bullshyt aside. Does Justin start this upcoming season or they didn't give him that waiver?
Should find out sometime in February.

Who else they gonna start ??
Young Baldwin if needed. You better do ya googles.

@Silkk you gone take this slander or you officially a Buckeye now :Idontlikemycoffeeblack:
That boy bleed scarlet and gray now.

IM TIRED OF THIS SHIIT!!!

Zgtpru.gif
Let go of the old and embrace some winners.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
It is a podcast worthy question

I don’t know what the issue Maybe, i would deduce, they are schools on the down tick and are usually making sweeping changes with regimes and want to role out a new sponsors, and the team manages to flounder in marginal to mediocre success

The ncaa only goes after the weak, never really coming after the big dogs much to many programs success

Well reasoned response ... should be explored even more . Topic has potential .

Agree with the NCAA “lesser/weak” program assertion too... and the Southern Cal observation :mjlol:

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
I ain’t got no beef with your school. Funny thing is, I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for Clemson considering that’s where I was gonna hoop at when I graduated high school. Till they looked at my transcripts. :mjcry:

As for the ‘integrity’ of your program.. miss me with that. Rashan’s mom put y’all on blast for offering him 300k the day before national signing day. :yeshrug: So mehhhh on the integrity. But again.. I got no beef wit y’all.

As for the 15%.. that was outside the 3 that were suspended for the playoff game. And they even questioned Dabo about it and he didn’t confirm or deny.. all he said was that HE doesn’t force his kids to test regularly. Take that for whatever you’d like. It read to me like the athletic department might do independent testing and the three got caught up.
I get it, but don't wanna hear it. You should know if you are on top, there is always some fakkit trying to bring the program down. Every FSU chip came with some type of controversy.

Congrats on matching our chip accomplishments. It's over now though. O line fixed. Offense lit. You're going back to being our bytch again. :mjlit:

TBD....That OL was FCS level the past few years and while y'all got the talent...still waiting to see if they buy in to Taggart or not.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
TBD....That OL was FCS level the past few years and while y'all got the talent...still waiting to see if they buy in to Taggart or not.
Clemson program is in a WAY BETTER state. Willie is doing what Dabo had to do. People forget that Dabo had a crappy record his first couple of seasons. He had to get his players in. This is what Willie had to do. We had five star on paper, not on the field. Most of them are gone now. More of his recruits are in. We got a great OC. The only problem I see with Willie is his loyalty to Francois. If he just doesn't start Blackman I think he is going to be on that hot seat. Francois just does not fit the offensive style at all. I think who he starts this season makes or breaks him.

I still see a big fat L against Clemson next season. But there isn't really any excuse to have any more losses. Schedule is pretty weak next season.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
New Wave of Concussion Lawsuits Could Create Massive Ripple Effect for College Football
Earlier this week, in the Southern District of Indiana, dozens of lawsuits were filed by people you’ve probably never heard of. But I bet you’ve heard of the central defendant: the NCAA, which is on the other end of what will eventually be more than 200 filings that represent a coordinated effort toward some kind of reckoning on head trauma in the college game.

The first of the lawsuits came to light on Jan. 25, and they have kept coming this week, from players at schools across all divisions of football. They are currently filed in the district where the NCAA is headquartered, but they’re likely to be part of multidistrict litigation in Chicago, according to Law360.com. Each former player who filed a lawsuit will represent groups of players from his school, and each suit will have its own specific list of complaints.
But there is a chance that one of these borderline anonymous players might mount a compelling enough case to go to trial. And that trial would have a jury, and that jury could rule that a former player with a banged-up brain deserves a payout.

If all that happens, an insurance company would have to open its wallet. And anyone who’s ever caused a fender-bender knows what comes next: Premiums get jacked up, because we all have insurance with the hope of never using it, and football becomes really, really expensive.

We’re a long way from any of that happening. It’ll be months or even years, and some plaintiffs will settle while others will disappear, bringing 200-plus cases down to 20 and eventually down to just a few. It’s incredibly difficult to prove that the NCAA and individual schools were aware of the risk of concussions and knowingly exposed players to the hazards inherent in football. Plus, the longer the player in question played, the harder that proposition gets. It’s difficult to assign full blame to the NFL when a plaintiff had previously competed in Pop Warner, high school and college. So it’d be slightly easier to implicate the NCAA—but just slightly—which is why these numbers matter. The wave of cases boost the low odds of any individual case succeeding. That’s a law of probability even an NFL ref couldn’t rule against, and it’s the single most important thing about this week’s news.
We’re years away from that, probably decades. But for now, that possibility is still believable, even in a world where 25 million people watch the national title game and Kyler Murray looks primed to turn down guaranteed millions of dollars of baseball money for the NFL. But after years of looking to high schools and city parks for symptoms of football’s demise, we’d be smart to concentrate on the courtrooms and the players who have been through the wringer, not the kids who never will.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola