The OFFICIAL 2018 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
How many programs have been consistently as good as Stanford the past decade?
Stanford is not elite. They are solid. It's not even debatable. They don't beat or play anybody really good. Look at their bowl games for the last 15 years. Any other conference they would be like Vandy. Good once in awhile and that's about it.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Stanford is not elite. They are solid. It's not even debatable. They don't beat or play anybody really good. Look at their bowl games for the last 15 years. Any other conference they would be like Vandy. Good once in awhile and that's about it.
You act like the ACC is a hellacious gauntlet or something. Other than Clemson nobody else in that conference is even on the elite level. Put Stanford in the ACC and they still win 9-10 games every season.

Silkk

Daps
l

Tbh USC's chance are dim in a few years. Now that Chip, Sumlin and Herm are there, it will be a WAY MORE competitive division. So by 2020 you could look for one of those three teams to take over that division. Or actually Arizona can be a surprise team this year and take it.
:laff: This nikka ain't coaching shyt

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
You act like the ACC is a hellacious gauntlet or something. Other than Clemson nobody else in that conference is even on the elite level. Put Stanford in the ACC and they still win 9-10 games every season.
That's beyond laughable. ACC has two teams that won a chip within five years. They play stronger teams in bowl games also. If Stanford was in the coastal. Yeah I could see them wining close to that. But they would always lose in the ACC chip game. If they were in the Atlantic side. They would have zero chance of making the ACC chip game. Don't get solid confused with elite. Elite teams have chips and major bowl wins. Stanford has neither.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Let’s do some preseason predictions brehs

Playoff 4: Bama, Stanford, Ohio State, Okalahoma (I put South Carolina and deleted it 5x's.)
Heisman Finalists: Deebo Samuel, Bryce Love, Will Grier, Khalil Tate, Johnathan Taylor
First Coach Fired: Larry Ferdora
Surprise Team(s): I'm buying Stanford to win big in the PAC (South Carolina if we don't win 10 will be a surprise)
Biggest Bust(s): ClemSUX and this Tevor Lawerence Hype

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
Let’s do some preseason predictions brehs

Playoff 4: Bama , Washington, Ohio State , Penn State
Heisman Finalists: Bryce Love , Khalil Tate , JK Dobbins , Damien Harris , Will Grier
First Coach Fired: Fedora , Orgeron

Surprise Team(s): UF , FSU , Kentucky , BC , UTSA,FAU
Biggest Bust(s): UM (both) , USC (both), Texas

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Vandy's academic standards should be viewed as an advantage since getting an education there is worth more than anywhere else in the SEC. They just don't spend any money on football at Vandy. They are so far behind when it comes to facilities and everything else. And I like Mason as a coach but they need an elite recruiter at Vandy, Franklin was perfect if he had stayed

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Vandy's academic standards should be viewed as an advantage since getting an education there is worth more than anywhere else in the SEC. They just don't spend any money on football at Vandy. They are so far behind when it comes to facilities and everything else. And I like Mason as a coach but they need an elite recruiter at Vandy, Franklin was perfect if he had stayed

What do you like academics?

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Exactly. Breh went milk carton status after that dumbass post and sadly that response is the best he could come up with. Wasn't nobody talkin about a marquee matchup, we were talkin about how many ranked teams we'd be playing

Just take your L @Rigby. and move on SMH
I guess I gotta be on coli every minute nikka? Sorry I cant be in the thread getting clapped up incessantly like you cuh. You really think I aint know LSU was (currently) ranked when we play them nikkas too? :gucci:

Silkk

Daps
That's beyond laughable. ACC has two teams that won a chip within five years. They play stronger teams in bowl games also. If Stanford was in the coastal. Yeah I could see them wining close to that. But they would always lose in the ACC chip game. If they were in the Atlantic side. They would have zero chance of making the ACC chip game. Don't get solid confused with elite. Elite teams have chips and major bowl wins. Stanford has neither.
One of those teams that won a chip only won 7 games last season. This not five years ago.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Playoff 4: Auburn, Michigan, Clemson, OSU
Heisman Finalists: Stidham, Trevor Lawrence, whatever half-life UGA rolls at RB, Ed Oliver, who cares nikka its Stidham season :troll:
First Coach Fired: Herm unless Manny Wilkins is THAT nikka...
Surprise Team(s): USC jr, USC sr, Houston
Biggest Bust(s): UGA, UA