The OFFICIAL 2018 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"All that in state talent" :skip:

You grasping for all kind of straws right about now.

Explain to me the differences in winning at Vandy & winning at Miss St:jbhmm:

Maybe if he played in a division with only one strong team (Clemson) he would've been higher than 4th.

9-4 in the SEC West :hula: 7-6 in the ACC Clemson invitational
Vandy doesn't just let anybody come and play for them:dwillhuh:

They have academic standards you have to meet that's above the minimum NCAA standards. And no basket weaving classes for the athletes either

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Auburn didn't get Les fired, him goin 4-5 his last 9 games and still refusing to change got him fired

What game did he get fired after breh

That wasn’t my direct point, unless Burrow is a god, sending Orgeron back to the LA slums would’ve been the best for your program. Y’all would’ve had a whole year to find a real coach

When LSU fans think about Les getting fired I don't think the 1st thing that comes to mind is that he lost to Auburn

He was unofficially fired after the Wisconsin game when it was obvious that he was full of crap and was gonna run toss dives until they put him in the grave. But that was the first game of the season. He didn’t get fired but the vultures were already circling. Everything coming up to that Auburn LSU 2016 matchup was like a WWE loser leaves town pay per view. The two hottest seats in America were going head to head. Gus pulled it out because he was willing to step back and trust his assistants. It even ended like a wrestling ppv with the refs coming out with the reversal like :patrice::ufdup::manny:. Shyt was hilarious.

Les Miles fukking sucked at clock management. Everybody remembered us making the “game winning” touchdown as time expired, but I don’t think anybody noticed that we were at the Auburn’s 40 with 2 minutes left ran handful of few plays and still ran out of time. We had had enough.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Vandy doesn't just let anybody come and play for them:dwillhuh:

They have academic standards you have to meet that's above the minimum NCAA standards. And no basket weaving classes for the athletes either
So does Stanford, and they've been one of the most elite programs the past ten years

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Damn I can't wait till week 2.... @AVXL I want to see what that offense looks like against ya'll.

I hate that White tore his ACL though...legit the best high school running back I've ever seen...I thought he might be the next Herschel for yall...
Naw that will be James Cook.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Mississippi is in the T10 in % of elite recruits. Three states that border are in the Top 13 (4 if you wanna count FL since it's only a 90 min drive from state line to state line.

Difference in winning at Vandy vs. MSST? Vandy ranks as the toughest school to get into in the SEC. The easiest? Mississippi State. THAT'S the difference dummy. It's like asking, what's the difference between getting into USC or Independence Community college.

Let's not talk about easy divisions considering SC probably plays in the weakest in all of D1. At least the PAC12 North got an excuse
Probably. Naw fam DEFINITELY. That is the most trash conference in the entire NCAA. None of those teams ever did anything spectacular other than USC. At least nothing in the last 3 decades. USC should win the division every year without a problem.

Tbh USC's chance are dim in a few years. Now that Chip, Sumlin and Herm are there, it will be a WAY MORE competitive division. So by 2020 you could look for one of those three teams to take over that division. Or actually Arizona can be a surprise team this year and take it.

Last edited:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Damn I can't wait till week 2.... @AVXL I want to see what that offense looks like against ya'll.

I hate that White tore his ACL though...legit the best high school running back I've ever seen...I thought he might be the next Herschel for yall...

Should be a good game...definitely one where we can't take y'all lightly

And I feel bad for Zeus, but he'll redshirt this yr and be back next season. He was at best gonna be 3rd string RB this year

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Minnesota names walk-on freshman its starting quarterback to begin 2018 season

Minnesota about to start a walk on freshman who was a backup in high school. Big 10 yall:skip:
:hhh: was he at some kinda power school or something? Or at least a highly sought after D2 recruit?
He was at IMG Academy, he probably could have started for another school.
He wasn't a backup. He started the season 2nd but then beat out Sitkowski for the job after a few games and ran the team (the best "HS" team in the country) to the rest of an undefeated season. And he was only a walk-on because he wanted to go home to Minn. He had offers from Pitt and Cinci he turned town to be local. Plus he recruited other dudes to go to Minn with him. He was a 3*.

He was pretty much expected to win the starting job when he committed there last year.

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
So does Stanford, and they've been one of the most elite programs the past ten years
How?:what: I swear people be throwing the word elite around like without know the meaning. Stanford is solid, definitely. Elite? Not by any means. They don't have any chips, they never made the playoffs, and I'm struggling to figure who they beat that was surprising. I can only think of Oregon(when they were good). Looking at their bowl games the last 15 years, they played not one top dog team. They benefit from a weak schedule also.

I like Shaw and all but if they played in a stronger conference, he'd be looking like Harbaugh right now.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
How?:what: I swear people be throwing the word elite around like without know the meaning. Stanford is solid, definitely. Elite? Not by any means. They don't have any chips, they never made the playoffs, and I'm struggling to figure who they beat that was surprising. I can only think of Oregon(when they were good). Looking at their bowl games the last 15 years, they played not one top dog team. They benefit from a weak schedule also.

I like Shaw and all but if they played in a stronger conference, he'd be looking like Harbaugh right now.
How many programs have been consistently as good as Stanford the past decade?

And weak schedule? They play Washington, Oregon, USC, & Notre Dame every season :comeon: