The OFFICIAL 2018 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I been supporting Paul for 10 years but its time for a change. UGA look like the next Bama but Tech seems to be going backwards (in basketball and football) smh.

Tech is in downtown Atlanta, surrounded by all that high school talent but kids dont wanna go there cause of the offense. As much as I love the option its outdated and kids dont want to run it.

It’s that option offense, the high admission standards, and difficulty in classes, it ain’t a lot future engineers, that run a 4.3

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Prolly did but we can't be getting outbid for instate players. B4 he took the trip all the insiders said it was a "done deal" with him to LSU l, he takes a trips to UGA and pops, they doin something right over there
200.gif

Doing something right indeed

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I been supporting Paul for 10 years but its time for a change. UGA look like the next Bama but Tech seems to be going backwards (in basketball and football) smh.

Tech is in downtown Atlanta, surrounded by all that high school talent but kids dont wanna go there cause of the offense. As much as I love the option its outdated and kids dont want to run it.

What’s funny is I was just watching some old Georgia Tech back when Reggie Ball, Roman Reigns, and Calvin Johnson was there and I’m like damn, no way they can get those athletes there now with the style of offense they run. CPJ been there so long it’s almost weird to see GT not running the triple option. They’re good for a hot year every four years but in terms of being a consistent Coastal contender, nah not happening.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What’s funny is I was just watching some old Georgia Tech back when Reggie Ball, Roman Reigns, and Calvin Johnson was there and I’m like damn, no way they can get those athletes there now with the style of offense they run. CPJ been there so long it’s almost weird to see GT not running the triple option. They’re good for a hot year every four years but in terms of being a consistent Coastal contender, nah not happening.

Tech has had 2 really good seasons under Paul Johnson..09 and 14. 09 team was good cause all of their players were from the previous staff before the option and they had some studs..(Bebe Thomas, Morgan Burnett, Stephen Hill, Josh Nesbitt, Jonh Dwyer, Anthony Allen) and 14 was a fluke year where they caught everyone by surprise. Other than that its been 6 and 7 win seasons. Im just a sidewalk Tech fan but it seem like all the cacs who went care about is beating UGA. They would be happy to go 1-10 as long as that one win was against UGA, and Paul has beaten them 3 times, all in Athens.

Unless something drastic happens UGA is about to go on another decade run of dominance against Tech

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Tech has had 2 really good seasons under Paul Johnson..09 and 14. 09 team was good cause all of their players were from the previous staff before the option and they had some studs..(Bebe Thomas, Morgan Burnett, Stephen Hill, Josh Nesbitt, Jonh Dwyer, Anthony Allen) and 14 was a fluke year where they caught everyone by surprise. Other than that its been 6 and 7 win seasons. Im just a sidewalk Tech fan but it seem like all the cacs who went care about is beating UGA. They would be happy to go 1-10 as long as that one win was against UGA, and Paul has beaten them 3 times, all in Athens.

Unless something drastic happens UGA is about to go on another decade run of dominance against Tech
I think this is the year Tech goes on a run and has a good season and CPJ is untouchable in the off-season

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think this is the year Tech goes on a run and has a good season and CPJ is untouchable in the off-season

he signed an extension a few months ago..he'll be here for a while. the athletics department is still paying Paul Hewitt and Bryan Gregory from the basketball side even tho they been fired. they cant afford to fire him

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
he signed an extension a few months ago..he'll be here for a while. the athletics department is still paying Paul Hewitt and Bryan Gregory from the basketball side even tho they been fired. they cant afford to fire him

True but you have new AD who IF he could garner the support and the $$$ make it happen. That said CPJ is due for a good year.