The OFFICIAL 2018 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
:what: We have the same schedule with y'all having to play Bama and UGA on the road miss me wii that schedule shyt.

We've upgraded at every position group minus RB and Maybe the 2nd CB spot depending on Kristian Fulton case.

QB upgraded
OL more depth and upgraded
WR more depth and upgraded
FG kicker upgraded
DL more depth and upgraded
LB upgraded
Safety- still the same
Pass rushing- upgraded
Well we’re good that’s the difference :yeshrug: but on a serious tip, we got 7 double digit favorite home games. And we play the two Mississippi teams with radical overhaul centered around those home games. The schedule isn’t built the exact same although there are similarities. Y’all also play Florida on the road while we play UT at home. I’d tell anyone we prolly got the hardest road slate but y’all got an overall harder schedule

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
IDK how u upgraded at the QB spot when you have no idea how those QBs will pan out lol

That’s like me saying we upgraded at RB when it’s possible none of these dudes will be half of Kerryon

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
This dude @Rigby. braghing about the media hyping his team up I didnt forget how bucked up you was when the media picked Auburn to win the West that year Jeremy's Johnson started for y'all. How that turned out for you?

Y'all in the same boat we are. Y'all o-line got gutted, Jeff Holland gone, top 2 RB gone

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Well we’re good that’s the difference :yeshrug: but on a serious tip, we got 7 double digit favorite home games. And we play the two Mississippi teams with radical overhaul centered around those home games. The schedule isn’t built the exact same although there are similarities. Y’all also play Florida on the road while we play UT at home. I’d tell anyone we prolly got the hardest road slate but y’all got an overall harder schedule
Florida and Tennessee had the same record last year and outside that there's no difference beside y'all play UGA and Bama on the roach
IDK how u upgraded at the QB spot when you have no idea how those QBs will pan out lol

That’s like me saying we upgraded at RB when it’s possible none of these dudes will be half of Kerryon
same way you assumed Stidham was better than Sean White even tho white played more

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Florida and Tennessee had the same record last year and outside that there's no difference beside y'all play UGA and Bama on the roach

same way you assumed Stidham was better than Sean White even tho white played more
You coming at me with a lot of fire rn breh :picard: I’m just tryin to talk ball

It’s about track records I feel. Yeah I thought Stidham was better than Sean, but it’s cause Stidham already proved he was better in the one thing we needed here: deep throwing. It was simple. You asking HS dudes to prove they can be developed to be better than Etling who filled pretty much every need LSU had. Your prototypical game manager. To do better than that, Brennan or Narcisse would have to be really good. You can see why I’d doubt LSU or Orgeron can develop a really good QB first full season right?

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
You coming at me with a lot of fire rn breh :picard: I’m just tryin to talk ball

It’s about track records I feel. Yeah I thought Stidham was better than Sean, but it’s cause Stidham already proved he was better in the one thing we needed here: deep throwing. It was simple. You asking HS dudes to prove they can be developed to be better than Etling who filled pretty much every need LSU had. Your prototypical game manager. To do better than that, Brennan or Narcisse would have to be really good. You can see why I’d doubt LSU or Orgeron can develop a really good QB first full season right?
You're no different than these media heads who make bold predictions about the team then expose urself for not knowing anything about the team. Joe Burrow is the starter and he's in his 4th year not a freshmen.

1. In the limited opportunities he had at Ohio State, what did Joe Burrow do to maybe raise your eyebrows a little? Was it a particular play, or a series?

Dave Biddle Bucknuts/247Sports

“So much of what he does impresses me. He's not off-the-charts great in anything, but he's really good in almost every area that counts for a quarterback. He is a good decision-maker, he's tough, he places the ball very well, he's a natural leader and he's a very good runner. He does not have a cannon for an arm, but he certainly does not have a weak arm and can make any throw on the field. He's a coach's son and plays like it.”

2. From what you've seen and maybe heard, what were the qualities and skills that made Ohio State recruit Joe in the first place

Biddle: “This is a young man that absolutely shredded high school defenses, and they play really good high school football in Ohio. Some questioned his level of competition during the regular season, then all of that went out the window when he basically carried his team to the D-III state championship game almost by himself. (Note: Division III is middle of the pack for Ohio; Division I is the largest classification; Division V the smallest.) He whipped up on very good high school defenses in the playoffs, and won the prestigious Ohio Mr. Football Award as a senior in 2014 from The Associated Press. Former OSU offensive coordinator Tom Herman loved Burrow and spearheaded his recruitment.”

3. Have you seen enough of him to think he can handle the pressure and all the things that come with being the No. 1 guy?

Biddle: “I have definitely seen enough of him to know he can handle the pressure of being the starter at a top program like LSU that plays a brutal schedule. He is not someone who gets rattled. LSU fans will absolutely love him based on the way he plays and how he handles adversity when it comes along. This stage will not be too big for him at all — because he was almost the starter at Ohio State, and I have no doubt he would have flourished in that role in Columbus.”

4. How good can he be if given the opportunity, and could he have eventually out-performed Dwayne Haskins?

Biddle: “I have always said Joe Burrow will be an excellent starting quarterback at the big-time collegiate level; I just wasn't sure if it was going to be at Ohio State or somewhere else. Now that we know it's at LSU, there is no question in my mind he will flourish in Baton Rouge (the nickname ‘Jeaux Burreaux’ fits perfectly, does it not?). Could he out-perform Haskins? It's possible, since the competition between Haskins and Burrow was so close. I think Haskins is better overall, but it's easy to see why this was such a tough situation for Urban Meyer. It is clear he loves Haskins, but he also loved Burrow.

5. Why do you think it turned out this way; was Haskins' game vs. Michigan the writing on the wall? Did it surprise you that it went sideways enough for Burrow to leave?

Biddle: “Yes, I think the way Haskins played against Michigan was the ultimate trump card. But there was more than that. Simply put, Haskins is the best NFL prospect Ohio State has had at the quarterback position since 1981 when Art Schlichter was a senior. Schlichter was taken in the first round (No. 4 overall) by the then-Baltimore Colts. Since then, there have been zero Ohio State quarterbacks taken in the first round of the draft. The "closest" was Bobby Hoying, who was a third-round pick by the Eagles in 1996. Haskins has first-round potential and will provide by far the best passing threat OSU has had at the position since Troy Smith in 2006.”

You talk about fit. We're running the RPO spread offense this, same thing they run at Ohio state so he's already familiar with the offense. Then he's gotten cosigned by Braxton Miller and Michael Thomas.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
You're no different than these media heads who make bold predictions about the team then expose urself for not knowing anything about the team. Joe Burrow is the starter and he's in his 4th year not a freshmen.

You talk about fit. We're running the RPO spread offense this, same thing they run at Ohio state so he's already familiar with the offense. Then he's gotten cosigned by Braxton Miller and Michael Thomas.

I forgot about that joe burrow dude u been gassing in here for a couple days now. I’ll give you and him the benefit of the doubt just cause I don’t feel like doing my research on the dude but I’ll let you know from first hand: just because a QB has experience, talent, co-signs and a favorable system, doesn’t mean he’ll work out. Don’t put all your eggs into his basket :manny:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Aight before watching the Spring game, I counted about 3 plays (in the other film) where Burrow looked off coverage/had more than one read throwing. Now you can succeed in that type of system, don’t get me wrong, but it takes precision passing (against non fodder like BG and Nebraska), tempo and creative calling pretty much every play. LSU’s gonna have to radicalize everything to show me they ready for that

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

A lot of bama folks conveniently for get them slim years, i was in Tuscaloosa from 01-05, them were some slaw years. And it will be sad days after st Nick leaves

You wouldn't think Bama even had a program during those years. The way Bama fans talk about their history is Bear Bryant's tenure............ then magically skip ahead and Saban is there. No in between

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You wouldn't think Bama even had a program during those years. The way Bama fans talk about their history is Bear Bryant's tenure............ then magically skip ahead and Saban is there. No in between
Says 93-07. but in '94 we were fukking 12-1 whooped @smitty22 and joey galloways ass in the citrus bowl why would we be shook then?

96 10-3 played for the SEC

99 SEC Champs

You can start right there if you want 00-07

Last edited: