The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm really starting to think Jamal Murray will be the best player in this draft and everyone that passes on him will regret it
little defensive potential, average/below average athleticism, average playmaking ability...im really not seeing it

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
What about the pick situation? Cause some teams got a gang of picks coming their way, like picking the Sixers or Celtics would be the best bet.

I can turn the Celtics into NBA champions in 2 years

I've also had it where within four years I was the two time defending NBA champs and has 20 total first round picks in one draft

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jamal Murray just set the franchise record for made 3's in the Pre Draft workout with the Celtics.

79 out of 100

Looks like the Celtics are taking another guard. Ainge back at it again.

Marcus Smart
Avery Bradley
Terry Rozier
Isaiah Thomas
RJ Hunter
James Young
Marcus Thornton
Evan Turner

8 Guards already :mjlol:

Turner is a FA that someone will probably overpay and Thornton probably won't even make the roster

James Young is also in the conversation for worst player in the NBA and is a strong candidate to get traded to someone foolish enough to think he's actually a good player

With all that said, Ainge will fukk up the pick regardless of what position the player plays

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
He seems like a Utah guy...A guy who won't bounce on them asap for a big market.

Sabonis already had a promise. It's from Phoenix from what I know, but I hope he goes to Toronto. No reason why he shouldn't go top 10.

Utah is for show. They're not taking him.

I'd be happy if it was Phoenix. It'd make sense if they took Chriss or Jaylen Brown at #4.

Isn't Utah trying to trade their pick? I read somewhere that they want a young wing on a "reasonable" contract, but I doubt guys on cheap contracts are out there on the trade market.

Is Steve Kyler from Basketball Insiders reputable? I mean, the only intel from the draft that I remember him breaking is that Jarell Martin had a promise in the 20s (and it turned out to be true). He said Taurean Prince is an option for the Raps at #9. I've never really seen Prince play, is he really worth a look at #9?

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I can turn the Celtics into NBA champions in 2 years

I've also had it where within four years I was the two time defending NBA champs and has 20 total first round picks in one draft
You get your trade value from 2k:mjlol::mjlol:

Goat GM right here yall:bryan:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd be happy if it was Phoenix. It'd make sense if they took Chriss or Jaylen Brown at #4.

Isn't Utah trying to trade their pick? I read somewhere that they want a young wing on a "reasonable" contract, but I doubt guys on cheap contracts are out there on the trade market.

Is Steve Kyler from Basketball Insiders reputable? I mean, the only intel from the draft that I remember him breaking is that Jarell Martin had a promise in the 20s (and it turned out to be true). He said Taurean Prince is an option for the Raps at #9. I've never really seen Prince play, is he really worth a look at #9?

I keep reading stuff about the Celtics, Nuggets, Suns, Magic, Jazz trying to trade picks....My issue is this and its rude to say....But some of these teams no matter how much they have will not be free agent destinations ever unless they grossly overpay....But a team like utah is best utilized drafting a player because they can at least keep them 4 years.

Now the Nuggets have so many young players already and have 3 1st so they should consider packing up the 2 picks (15/19) and maybe make a move with the Bucks for example who lack overall talent.

The Raps need to figure out if they will max Demar which I assume they will and are a good landing place for Ellenson/Poetl or Sabonis jr.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Jamal Murray just set the franchise record for made 3's in the Pre Draft workout with the Celtics.

79 out of 100

Looks like the Celtics are taking another guard. Ainge back at it again.

Marcus Smart
Avery Bradley
Terry Rozier
Isaiah Thomas
RJ Hunter
James Young
Marcus Thornton
Evan Turner

8 Guards already :mjlol:

B...b...but it's a two player draft!

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I keep reading stuff about the Celtics, Nuggets, Suns, Magic, Jazz trying to trade picks....My issue is this and its rude to say....But some of these teams no matter how much they have will not be free agent destinations ever unless they grossly overpay....But a team like utah is best utilized drafting a player because they can at least keep them 4 years.

Now the Nuggets have so many young players already and have 3 1st so they should consider packing up the 2 picks (15/19) and maybe make a move with the Bucks for example who lack overall talent.

The Raps need to figure out if they will max Demar which I assume they will and are a good landing place for Ellenson/Poetl or Sabonis jr.

Agreed. The Nuggets are in a good spot. They don't really need a ton of young players.

I'm sure they are going to give the max to DeMar. Masai and Casey have been talking up DeMar all week in the media.

I wouldn't mind Poeltl for the Raps, but the rest :scust:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

Attempting to trade your pick for someone more established isn't related to whether you're a free agent destination. When you're in that 9-14 territory, a draft pick may not put you over the top in terms of playoffs. A veteran might.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Attempting to trade your pick for someone more established isn't related to whether you're a free agent destination. When you're in that 9-14 territory, a draft pick may not put you over the top in terms of playoffs. A veteran might.

this is true...I agree but it has to always be in the mind of the Jazz that they have more control over players already tied into controlled contracts than going out to get guys on expirings.