The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Hield is James harden with a work ethic

shyt even if he had Pats work ethic. I can see why pat shot 40%+ from 3 this year. Dude just puts in the work. Dude beat james harden easily. Just watch the entire video. James tryna fukk him up as well and saying stuff like I hope they not recording this.

Just imagine if he was 6'3 with like a 6'8 wingspan with a 40inch vert. Dude would be an all star. Dude came from getting kicked out of arkansas to playing in ukraine to the league :banderas:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Sixers are not trading Joel, they've invested way too much at this point
I feel you but god forbid Joel doesn't pan out (God forbid cause I really do want to see this kid become one of the best centers to live, laker or not :sadcam:), this will be the last time they could salvage anything from him. Trading okafor would just compound the mistake if he doesn't pan out

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I feel you but god forbid Joel doesn't pan out (God forbid cause I really do want to see this kid become one of the best centers to live, laker or not :sadcam:), this will be the last time they could salvage anything from him. Trading okafor would just compound the mistake if he doesn't pan out

They view Nerlens as the superior player to Okafor, they feel they can play him with Embiid and if Embiid doesn't stay healthy they can play him at the 5.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
They view Nerlens as the superior player to Okafor, they feel they can play him with Embiid and if Embiid doesn't stay healthy they can play him at the 5.
So it's almost like trade Nerlens and Embiid and keep okafor or trade okafor and hope Embiid pans out. I guess it just makes sense to part ways with okafor then

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
cuz kyrie his whole life has been called a 2 guard masking as a 1. Why can't LaVine do it.
Kyrie is one of the best ball handlers of All-Time, he can shoot and has a silky smooth pull-up game, he can split doubles and P&R's effortlessly.

LaVine doesn't have a feel for the position, he's terrible in the P&R, decision making questionable one of the most turnover prone players in those situations. He will never be a PG. Besides, Rubio is an elite playmaker and defender at PG.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I think he needs to slim down to become a PF ala Tim Duncan

He just needs to be surrounded with shooters

Noel is literally the worst person you could possibly put next to him

He's a 20/10 guy, and people hate on his defense so much I'd argue he's underrated defensively

He has more blocks than a lot of centers in this league

If I'm Boston you have all these floor spacers that can handle the ball, drive and kick and if you can't get a shot going, okafor is the perfect guy to give the ball to in the post to do work... Offensively they need him desperately and if they had done the trade at the deadline (philly changed their mind at last second) they would have been much more successful in the playoffs...

Not enough to beat Cleveland, but possibly everybody else in the east

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

He's a 20/10 guy, and people hate on his defense so much I'd argue he's underrated defensively

Nah he's as advertised defensively. Don't use blocks as a measuring point for defense. Gorgui Dieng blocks a lot of shots. Javale McGee at his peak blocked a lot of shots. Doesn't mean they were good defensively.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
i havent watched all his games, needless to say...

But from what I watched...someone please explain to me (im a sixers fan)....beyond having great court vision and being a great passer...what is this simmons fascination? He can handle and hes quick at 6'10...but hes not some "super athlete" that plays above the rim as far as i can see. He cant shoot (his jumpers not broke though)... I know hes different because he plays like a PG at 6'10...are we just assuming hes going to learn how to score? He doesnt have great length either i noticed (short arms). He doesnt project to be a great defender as far as I can tell

I just dont get that hes a sure thing superstar that you can build around. Break it down for me
He's actually a pretty good athlete underrated if you ask me...

No, he can't jump like Wiggins but he does indeed finish above the rim in space. He has elite speed, quickness, body control, dexterity can finish with both. Dude is going to be a transition nightmare the way he can whip the ball behind his back and the in and out dribbles on the break is :banderas: to watch. His court vision and passing ability is like the point forwards that came before him (James, Pippen, Hill, Odom), just a great feel for the game you can't teach and he's flashy with it. I don't know why people ignore the fact he averaged 12 boards. He has the body to box out strong, reads rims well, great second jump on the offensive boards. He also has a post game with runners and a nice right hook. On D he just gotta give more effort his anticipation is elite when it comes to reading the lanes that's why he averaged 2 steals. He's not gonna be a rim protector but he could be versatile and a beast on the weak side.

His jumpers not broke he needs to fade less and get his feet square and he's been working on it. It's gonna take awhile and its important he plays with other shooters. He didn't give a fukk about college and went out and put up 19/12/5.

Last edited:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
Nah he's as advertised defensively. Don't use blocks as a measuring point for defense. Gorgui Dieng blocks a lot of shots. Javale McGee at his peak blocked a lot of shots. Doesn't mean they were good defensively.

I think he's better than people give him credit for

And offensively he's the perfect end of shot clock guy

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

If I'm Boston you have all these floor spacers that can handle the ball, drive and kick and if you can't get a shot going, okafor is the perfect guy to give the ball to in the post to do work... Offensively they need him desperately and if they had done the trade at the deadline (philly changed their mind at last second) they would have been much more successful in the playoffs...

Not enough to beat Cleveland, but possibly everybody else in the east
I think Jah is unfairly hated on but defensively he was bad. Blocks don't gauge defensive impact. He was one of the worst rotation bigs in the league defensively.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I think he's better than people give him credit for

And offensively he's the perfect end of shot clock guy

unless hack-a-for becomes a thing. Teams didn't need to do it because Philly lost so much, but late in games, he's gonna get DeAndre treatment if he can't make FT's.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
I think Jah is unfairly hated on but defensively he was bad. Blocks don't gauge defensive impact. He was one of the worst rotation bigs in the league defensively.

He's not David lee or Kevin love

With good coaching, there's something there to work with... He's got the height, the reach/wing span, I'm not ruling him out defensively

He could be completely different in a winning environment, dude was a winner his whole life and then went to a team that had the worst 3 years in NBA history, it clearly affected him

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
He's not David lee or Kevin love

With good coaching, there's something there to work with... He's got the height, the reach/wing span, I'm not ruling him out defensively

He could be completely different in a winning environment, dude was a winner his whole life and then went to a team that had the worst 3 years in NBA history, it clearly affected him
he was going to a bad team regardless. Porzingis made due. Towns made due. Russell adapted the way Jah would have in LA. It is what it is.