The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
These the same nikkas saying zach can't play the one is the same people who shyt on kyrie irving for scoring.

I'll take kyrie as a PG over Rubio anyday. Y'all can take 2 extra assists rubio gives, gimme the extra 15 points kyrie gonna give me. I've never seen a 7.5 point pass. I've seen a 2 point pass and a 3 point pass

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Only trade I'd do with the sixers is Joel, lakers 2017 rights, sixers 2017 first, for the #2 and Randle.

Sixers fans think that's robbery tho. Probably is but Joel is a huge risk right now :yeshrug:. I'd rather game for Joel than trade for okafor tho

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Shooting is one of the most improvable skills there is in the league. Plenty of people have come into the league with no jumpshot at all and have developed one at some point. And Simmons jumper isn't even that bad from what I've seen . He just doesn't shoot them.

Here's his jumper in this video if you wanna see

And defensively he has the physical tools and athleticism to become a pretty good defender in time. If he was limited physically then I would be concerned.

This might sound like nitpicking to you but even in this vid there's several issues with his jumper. He doesn't shoot it squared with good footwork so in a game situation it'll be harder to get his shot off, and he doesn't practice his jumper for game situation because he doesn't use enough legs. Also only go 1 for 3 on the 3 point line for the entire season and to notoriously pass up jumpers every waking moment showcases a lack of confidence in his jumper that takes time to get rid of, it'll be minimum 4-5 years before he gets to a point where he can consistently knock down the J from either the 3 or mid I would bet.

I agree with him becoming a good defender eventually. I can see him having averaging a weak side help highlight a game that'll inspire him to stay engaged on that end.

He's still the #1 pick but his flaws are apparent. It's funny because in real life I had the same issues he does, lefty but feel more comfortable with the right in certain situations, bad jumper, not an aggressive scorer, etc :wow:

I'm pullin for the young breh, but Ingram is the better player and if he ends up in L.A. he may have the better career

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Only trade I'd do with the sixers is Joel, lakers 2017 rights, sixers 2017 first, for the #2 and Randle.

Sixers fans think that's robbery tho. Probably is but Joel is a huge risk right now :yeshrug:. I'd rather game for Joel than trade for okafor tho
Sixers are not trading Joel, they've invested way too much at this point

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
These the same nikkas saying zach can't play the one is the same people who shyt on kyrie irving for scoring.

I'll take kyrie as a PG over Rubio anyday. Y'all can take 2 extra assists rubio gives, gimme the extra 15 points kyrie gonna give me. I've never seen a 7.5 point pass. I've seen a 2 point pass and a 3 point pass
Again, you clearly have not watched him OR the team play. Why do you keep commenting on this?

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This might sound like nitpicking to you but even in this vid there's several issues with his jumper. He doesn't shoot it squared with good footwork so in a game situation it'll be harder to get his shot off, and he doesn't practice his jumper for game situation because he doesn't use enough legs. Also only go 1 for 3 on the 3 point line for the entire season and to notoriously pass up jumpers every waking moment showcases a lack of confidence in his jumper that takes time to get rid of, it'll be minimum 4-5 years before he gets to a point where he can consistently knock down the J from either the 3 or mid I would bet.

I agree with him becoming a good defender eventually. I can see him having averaging a weak side help highlight a game that'll inspire him to stay engaged on that end.

He's still the #1 pick but his flaws are apparent. It's funny because in real life I had the same issues he does, lefty but feel more comfortable with the right in certain situations, bad jumper, not an aggressive scorer, etc :wow:

I'm pullin for the young breh, but Ingram is the better player and if he ends up in L.A. he may have the better career

That is a year old video, fwiw his jumper has looked a lot better in the recent clips of him working out for the draft. More fundamentally sound.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Why would Philly want to trade Embiid if he's healthy? A healthy Embiid should be = or > than Towns, and then plus the number 1 pick? What a dumb trade.
Because even if he's healthy, post surgery, what is he gonna do? he still has to produce, and after next season, it's time to decide on a contract extension with him. His rookie year begins next year, but his contract will be on year 3.

Now if I'm Philly, I gotta see this through with Embiid. You didn't endure all the suffering to watch Embiid go elsewhere. I get that. BUT, we know what Towns is. We don't know what Embiid or Simmons will be yet. The whole "trust the process" stuff is about landing that franchise guy. Towns is that. Take the bird in the hand, because I could guarantee you Embiid or Simmons would never make it if they were traded to Minny, so there's no downside to doing a hypothetical like this.

954UAlreadyknow

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Zach was terrible playing point. That's a fact.

His season turned around when they put him at 2. No way you watched games if you disagree

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Zach was terrible playing point. That's a fact.

His season turned around when they put him at 2. No way you watched games if you disagree

cavs turned into a .500 ball club in when kyrie went down and dion took over when legm was in miami

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The disrespect for okafor is laughable

People don't understand how good he's gonna be

How good he already is
I'd think he'd get more sympathy because he's in Philly but damn.

I will say this: he needs a particular type of team to get the best out of him. It has to have a leader already on it because Tyus Jones did the heavy lifting in that department not Jah