The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps

look. I fukking love Kris Dunn but this nikka is a franchise changing type play good fukking lord. Every report said he RIPPPED!!!!! his pro day.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:dead: at Julius randle tier

I'm not ruling out hield at three

The decision is between bender hield and Murray it appears

Dunn makes no sense at all unless we trade smart
Randle tier is flawed for the NBA with several NBA ready skills. For Murray, it's shooting and scoring even at 19 and for Bender, it's skills and the feel for the game. But like Randle, thry need a lot of development, for Bender, size and speed of the game, lack of PT at Malcabi, etc. For Murray it's playing with less athletic ability, learning how to use your BBIQ and get more smart in the NBA, passing in the NBA, etc. Both got high ceilings though.

Dunn is very talented, defensively, he's as sound as George Hill as a prospect. But he doesn't run an offense well even in college. As a player who has been on campus for four years that's a issue. His play didn't vastly improve. He's turnover prone. The last player to have those struggles was Marcus Smart who was better than Dunn is in college. Dunn does have great tools but he's floor isn't as high as some assume.

As for Hield, I have nothing bad to say. His weaknesses are fully stated as his strengths. DX did a good job on him. I think he is worth a lottery pick. I think he could be a good efficient player in the right system. Role player but I like him a ton. I am more sold on him then Dunn. In the NBA, PG have a lot more responsibility than in college and he couldn't handle that. People talk about his athletic ability but make no bones, Rose and Westbrook could have been SG with their ability. His is closer to Wall who was a better PG than Dunn as a freshman at Kentucky. I am not on the Dunn train. I think he is going to be okay but I question his ability to play PG and I have not even mention his lack of shooting ability.

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Chriss is going to be the game changer in this class. Especially in an uptempo system. He has elite NBA bounce and size. His skills aren't there yet but his skill-set is as versatile as any player in this draft and better.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Chriss can go 4 or 5 for sure (I'm hoping it's 4). My issue with Chriss (and with Bender for that matter) is that Thibs may pass in favor of a more ready made guy. Thibs does like Chriss too though and the good news is that nobody is gonna start day 1 based on who gets picked.

Hield is the easy pick to make, but Boston may be thinking the same way Thibs is in terms of ready made players.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Need to see who goes before the pick tbh. What do you think is the biggest neEd? Im thinking a backup at center and a combo guard.

Baynes is ok but we can do better.

Tobias and Marcus shore ups need for a stretch 4 imo.

Not a fan of Meeks Kcp or Stan at the 2. Definitely have holes at both guard slots.

SVG is invested in Stanley as he should. He's the backup 2/3. A lot of minutes will be used between Stanley, Tobias and Marcus until an upgrade comes. Between PG and PF, Pistons will draft one and sign the other. The only PF possibly available at 18 that fits SVG will be Sabonis as opposed to 4 pgs to potentially choose from that aren't far off in talent.

Sabonis would need to extend his range to be an effective pf. He is a Luis scola type.

I like Baldwin but a combo with vision who can play the pg in a pinch but slide over to the 2 adds more value. If LeVert was healthy it'd be the obvious pick.
Stan is on record saying he wants a big pf for lineup versatility. Its why he was going after DMo. If Sabonis can extend his range he would be ideal, but I don't think it's completely necessary for what Stan's trying to do. The Cavs series with Love abusing our small pf's really put that need into focus. The foreign nikka @Malta put me on to also is an interesting prospect if his shooting transfers. Our own Ibaka type next to Drummond would be perfect.

I agree with both of you that we need a backup pg/combo guard. I like Caris but I'm scared of his injury history. Wouldn't mind a 2nd on him though. Only pg I really payed attention to that would be in our range is Ulis. I like his game but worry bout his size. And he doesn't have the quickness or athleticism of the guys that are typically successful at his size.

I really don't know who I want out this draft but I'm not worried about who they'll takesince they have a really good understanding of what the team needs.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
CjkfZKsWgAAbRpU.jpg

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
If I'm tibs...I'm moving Zach to the one and drafting hield

Zach
Hield
Wiggins
Towns
Dieng

top 4 seed in the west

Dr. Fauci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i havent watched all his games, needless to say...

But from what I watched...someone please explain to me (im a sixers fan)....beyond having great court vision and being a great passer...what is this simmons fascination? He can handle and hes quick at 6'10...but hes not some "super athlete" that plays above the rim as far as i can see. He cant shoot (his jumpers not broke though)... I know hes different because he plays like a PG at 6'10...are we just assuming hes going to learn how to score? He doesnt have great length either i noticed (short arms). He doesnt project to be a great defender as far as I can tell

I just dont get that hes a sure thing superstar that you can build around. Break it down for me

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
i havent watched all his games, needless to say...

But from what I watched...someone please explain to me (im a sixers fan)....beyond having great court vision and being a great passer...what is this simmons fascination? He can handle and hes quick at 6'10...but hes not some "super athlete" that plays above the rim as far as i can see. He cant shoot (his jumpers not broke though)... I know hes different because he plays like a PG at 6'10...are we just assuming hes going to learn how to score? He doesnt have great length either i noticed (short arms). He doesnt project to be a great defender as far as I can tell

I just dont get that hes a sure thing superstar that you can build around. Break it down for me
Breh if he ever has a consistent J he's an perennial all star and potential top 10 NBA player. His shot is his only question about him besides his defense and I believe he will unquestionably grow into a very good defender in time.

Dr. Fauci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh if he ever has a consistent J he's an perennial all star and potential top 10 NBA player. His shot is his only question about him besides his defense and I believe he will unquestionably grow into a very good defender in time.

im saying bruh...those are big things...His jumper AND his defense