The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Luwawu will be a great transition, up tempo player

His team last year played at a crazy pace

I just really like his upside as a two way guy

You could let Tony Snell sour you on the pick, but how about how Jimmy turned out?

He played on the same team as Jokic who was great this year, that team plays at that pace to emulate the NBA game.

What about PG moving forward though? Next season has to be the last one in Chicago for Rose, right?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Luwawu will be a great transition, up tempo player

His team last year plays at a crazy pace

I just like his upside as a two way guy

You could let Tony Snell sour you on the pick, but how about how Jimmy turned out?

In that case, I'm game. At the end of the day I just want to add players that will bring energy and since we have him, players that will have the skillset to allow Hoiball to come to fruition.

I want to make it so if Pau leaves it'll be addition by subtraction

He played on the same team as Jokic who was great this year, that team plays at that pace to emulate the NBA game.

What about PG moving forward though? Next season has to be the last one in Chicago for Rose, right?

If Rose has a season like this season then I don't see anyone being a higher bidder than us, he'll chase the money. If he has a superstar season then we'll also be the highest bidder.

Not that many teams can even use a player like Rose effectively especially as a non-shooting PG

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
If Rose has a season like this season then I don't see anyone being a higher bidder than us, he'll chase the money. If he has a superstar season then we'll also be the highest bidder.

Not that many teams can even use a player like Rose effectively especially as a non-shooting PG

But why would you want him back? He's never going to be that dude again, certainly not worth what he'll be asking for.

I would move on from him regardless of the type of season he has, and if he's having a great season I trade him at the deadline to someone like the Nets that need a PG in the worst way.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Its hard for me to think about, regarding PG/Rose

I like Baldwin, I think he can be a guy that can switch to wings on defense, and I think he can be a plus shooter. Would allow Jimmy to hold the rock alot. You could also run sets of DRose/Baldwin/JImmy

Rose said beginning last year ... plan was to prove he could stay healthy (he did, most part), and ramp up his game by playoffs (he did, no playoffs to see if he had another step he was ready to take), and then his final form was for this coming season (contract year of course), and he would be back to an elite guy

I dont know whats going to happen, its impossible to call it with him anymore

Gut feeling, he is not a Bull October 2017

PG can be addressed summer 2017, we ll have crazy capspace (Jimmy really the only contract)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But why would you want him back? He's never going to be that dude again, certainly not worth what he'll be asking for.

I would move on from him regardless of the type of season he has, and if he's having a great season I trade him at the deadline to someone like the Nets that need a PG in the worst way.

Like I just said, its really hard to hold that discussion as a Bulls fan

Derrick Rose meant everything to this franchise

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Its hard for me to think about, regarding PG/Rose

I like Baldwin, I think he can be a guy that can switch to wings on defense, and I think he can be a plus shooter. Would allow Jimmy to hold the rock alot. You could also run sets of DRose/Baldwin/JImmy

Rose said beginning last year ... plan was to prove he could stay healthy (he did, most part), and ramp up his game by playoffs (he did, no playoffs to see if he had another step he was ready to take), and then his final form was for this coming season (contract year of course), and he would be back to an elite guy

I dont know whats going to happen, its impossible to call it with him anymore

Gut feeling, he is not a Bull October 2017

PG can be addressed summer 2017, we ll have crazy capspace (Jimmy really the only contract)

Baldwin isn't bad, he strikes me as a good 2nd guard though and I think he could struggle at the NBA level to create offense. I'd go for Luwawu between those two though, much higher potential even though there's also the chance he'll be a bust.

I know Rose is a touchy subject with the Bulls crew, but there's just no way he can be apart of the team moving forward, it's too much of a gamble to invest in him.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter

He will !!!!:damn:

I just look at his play post all star break.... I know this dim wit was holding back for his contract year..i know it..

He's not leaving chicago...nikkas in the chi won't allow him to come back....

It would be a PR nightmare...you'll never get what you'd want for him in a trade...the alternative PG will never be as good as Rose... it's really a shytty position

Reinsdorf likes money....Rose generates that.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin

I just look at his play post all star break.... I know this dim wit was holding back for his contract year..i know it..

It would be a PR nightmare...you'll never get what you'd want for him in a trade...the alternative PG will never be as good as Rose... it's really a shytty position

He's in a contract year, I'd take whatever I can get for him, especially if there's a young player as part of the deal.

Rose doesn't generate money when he's on the bench in a suit though :francis:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

He's still probably tied for our most valuable player, losing him and playing iso Jimmy ball for a few years would be shyt. We wouldn't be able to trade him for someone that's as good as him back, nor could we could rely on a lottery PG to do his job even as close to as good as him. :manny:

The only way I don't cosign keeping FA rose is if he's asking for over 20 million

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

It took me like 7 minutes of internal crying to basically type what you said. :wow:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
He's still probably tied for our most valuable player, losing him and playing iso Jimmy ball for a few years would be shyt. We wouldn't be able to trade him for someone that's as good as him back, nor could we could rely on a lottery PG to do his job even as close to as good as him. :manny:

The only way I don't cosign keeping FA rose is if he's asking for over 20 million

He's not as good as his contract dictates, so getting someone just as good as him wouldn't really be the aim. It would be trying to get someone who is at the least as good as their contract, and a young player as well.

He's making $21 million next season, you think he gonna ask for a paycut under the new TV deal breh? :francis:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
He's not as good as his contract dictates, so getting someone just as good as him wouldn't really be the aim. It would be trying to get someone who is at the least as good as their contract, and a young player as well.

He's making $21 million next season, you think he gonna ask for a paycut under the new TV deal breh? :francis:

First of all as a fan, I don't place value in getting a player whose "as good as their contract", that player isn't winning me a championship nine times out of ten. I don't mind having overpaid players as long as they are productive.

Second of all, I don't see us getting a young PG as good as 2016 Rose unless they aren't currently in the league, and in that case Rose will be a FA before they are available.

Third, who's paying Rose 21+ million dollars? Name me a team that's paying Rose 21+ million dollars. :dame:

I'll name you one. The Chicago Bulls. :mjcry: