The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
Baynes is ok but we can do better.

Tobias and Marcus shore ups need for a stretch 4 imo.

Not a fan of Meeks Kcp or Stan at the 2. Definitely have holes at both guard slots.

SVG is invested in Stanley as he should. He's the backup 2/3. A lot of minutes will be used between Stanley, Tobias and Marcus until an upgrade comes. Between PG and PF, Pistons will draft one and sign the other. The only PF possibly available at 18 that fits SVG will be Sabonis as opposed to 4 pgs to potentially choose from that aren't far off in talent.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
all you dudes going on with this draft, yall gonna get it too, especially the ones that claim they cool wit me.

except that one dude that was man enough to dap me. shouts out to him.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
SVG is invested in Stanley as he should. He's the backup 2/3. A lot of minutes will be used between Stanley, Tobias and Marcus until an upgrade comes. Between PG and PF, Pistons will draft one and sign the other. The only PF possibly available at 18 that fits SVG will be Sabonis as opposed to 4 pgs to potentially choose from that aren't far off in talent.

Sabonis would need to extend his range to be an effective pf. He is a Luis scola type.

I like Baldwin but a combo with vision who can play the pg in a pinch but slide over to the 2 adds more value. If LeVert was healthy it'd be the obvious pick.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Sabonis would need to extend his range to be an effective pf. He is a Luis scola type.

I like Baldwin but a combo with vision who can play the pg in a pinch but slide over to the 2 adds more value. If LeVert was healthy it'd be the obvious pick.

:pacspit:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
From David Aldridge's article on NBA.com

"Simmons is a four, the Sixers believe, but they see him at that position the way the San Antonio Spurs utilize Kawhi Leonard at the three -- a forward who initiates the offense, and through whom the team can run its offense. They also remind you that when Leonard was first drafted, very few believed he'd ever be a good perimeter shooter. The same kind of improvement is possible for Simmons, who shot just 33 percent on 3-pointers in his lone season at LSU.

Yet the Sixers already have Okafor at the four, and possibly Saric next year. Taking Simmons wouldn't make sense unless they were determined to trade Okafor, whose up and down rookie season hasn't adversely affected his value around the league. And trading Okafor would be the easiest and best way for Philly to get another high first-round pick, which the Sixers covet.

There is strong support within the organization for Nerlens Noel, who provides defense and rebounding that none of Philly's other bigs provide. Keeping him would give Philly the flexibility to keep another offense-dominant big. But the Sixers tried playing Okafor and Noel together last year, with terrible results. And can Noel play in the modern age of basketball, when centers are increasingly shorter and more versatile offensively?"

Four teams well positioned to set tone for 2016 Draft

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
From David Aldridge's article on NBA.com

Simmons is a four, the Sixers believe, but they see him at that position the way the San Antonio Spurs utilize Kawhi Leonard at the three -- a forward who initiates the offense, and through whom the team can run its offense. They also remind you that when Leonard was first drafted, very few believed he'd ever be a good perimeter shooter. The same kind of improvement is possible for Simmons, who shot just 33 percent on 3-pointers in his lone season at LSU.

Yet the Sixers already have Okafor at the four, and possibly Saric next year. Taking Simmons wouldn't make sense unless they were determined to trade Okafor, whose up and down rookie season hasn't adversely affected his value around the league. And trading Okafor would be the easiest and best way for Philly to get another high first-round pick, which the Sixers covet.

There is strong support within the organization for Nerlens Noel, who provides defense and rebounding that none of Philly's other bigs provide. Keeping him would give Philly the flexibility to keep another offense-dominant big. But the Sixers tried playing Okafor and Noel together last year, with terrible results. And can Noel play in the modern age of basketball, when centers are increasingly shorter and more versatile offensively?

Four teams well positioned to set tone for 2016 Draft

I'm a fan of Noel, they should move Okafor and get Murray

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
At the end of day, trading Okafor before seeing either saric or embiid on the court is asking for trouble.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
You think Dunn would be able to work with Simmons? I'm more of a fan with a Ingram/Dunn lineup than a Simmons/Murray or Simmons/Dunn
I love Dunn, I'm hoping for him and Simmons. I value Dunn's size, defense and athleticism more than anything because we're in such dire need of perimeter defenders. That's why I'm not all that high on Murray because he's an awful defender. Dunn and Simmons get lots of steals that lead to fastbreaks in the open floor.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I love Dunn, I'm hoping for him and Simmons. I value Dunn's size, defense and athleticism more than anything because we're in such dire need of perimeter defenders. That's why I'm not all that high on Murray because he's an awful defender. Dunn and Simmons get lots of steals that lead to fastbreaks in the open floor.

In that regard I think it would be a really good pairing as Simmons is really good in transition and Philly was already great at forcing turnovers last season

I just feel that Simmons might limit Dunn a little bit, and because I'd love for him to fall to 6 :pachaha:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
At the end of day, trading Okafor before seeing either saric or embiid on the court is asking for trouble.
At worst if Embiid totally busts and Saric doesn't come, we're still looking at a frontcourt of Noel and Simmons which is perfectly fine with me. :yeshrug:

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
At worst if Embiid totally busts and Saric doesn't come, we're still looking at a frontcourt of Noel and Simmons which is perfectly fine with me. :yeshrug:

Listen, I'm not trying to sound like these idiots on 975 or WIP, but why not let the situation play itself out?! Are Dunn/Murray/Hield really worth giving up Okafor?