The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
More on Dunn...

Listened to the Woj Vertical Podcast this morning, his guest was Kris Dunn, impressive young man. If Ainge truly goes after chip on their shoulder players look no further. As a 9 year old he was taken to Virginia by his mother it was him and his brother who was five years older than Kris. Mother got arrested and the two brothers lived ferrally not wanting to be split up by child services. Both brothers hustled to make ends meet and buy food. Kris would go to the playground to bet older kids he could beat them 1 on 1 for $20 a game. That was their only source of income aside from selling their clothes. They made that work for two months before their Dad eventually found them. Although Kris is 22, he's a young 22 since he didn't play his first two years of college due to shoulder issues. Draft Express has the Celts taking him? Certainly fits the model. Would set off a firestorm of events I would guess if he is the pick.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Two ball dominant dudes that can't shoot

Makes no sense

And if they keep Noel? :lolbron:
Kris Dunn being a terrible shooter is such a myth, he shot 37% from 3 last year. He just needs a more consistent shooting form. Ben Simmons shot is coming along as well. It's not like Simmons will be handling the ball all 48, there needs to be two initiators on offense. Those two on defense and in transition can be a nightmare.

And I'll let you guys ignore that Saric has become a great 3 point shooter in Europe, that Embiid has 3 point range and that our SF Robert Covington isn't a great 3 point shooter

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
Kris Dunn being a terrible shooter is such a myth, he shot 36% from 3 last year. He just needs a more consistent shooting form. Ben Simmons shot is coming along as well. It's not like Simmons will be handling the ball all 48, there needs to be two initiators on offense. Those two on defense and in transition can be a nightmare.

And I'll let you guys ignore that Saric has become a great 3 point shooter in Europe, Embiid has 3 point range and that our SF Robert Covington isn't a great 3 point shooter

Covington getting moved.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
I'm hesitant to leave Dunn at 3 unless a trade happens beforehand. Dunn going to Boston to stay there makes no sense to me

Agreed.

Austin Ainge says they've narrowed it down to 3 or 4... Brown Hield and Murray all are having second workouts and they got bender coming in tomorrow. If it's Dunn, it's for a trade.

And I'd still not rule out Celtics trading back into the lottery.

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still don't like the idea of giving up Jah straight for the #3. Don't think the sixers are ready like that to give up talent to build an actual team. I don't think Jah's value will go down. I would do it for all of Celtics/Celtics-Nets draft picks this year and next though. Just for the fukkery.

Simmons, Saric and Embiid Era :wow:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I still don't like the idea of giving up Jah straight for the #3. Don't think the sixers are ready like that to give up talent to build an actual team. I don't think Jah's value will go down. I would do it for all of Celtics/Celtics-Nets draft picks this year and next though. Just for the fukkery.

Simmons, Saric and Embiid Era :wow:
If we could add Simmons and Dunn it would be great. If we're taking Ben, it's gonna be hard to build a team around him Oak and Embiid.

You'd have to play a lineup like:

PG: ?
SG: ?
SF: Simmons
PF: Okafor
C: Embiid

Which would require two sharpshooters in the backcourt to add spacing because the paint will be absolutely crowded.