The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Apex

Banned
Daps
I still can't get over his athletic limitations, especially when we'd have to start him with JV.
We aren't drafting Sabonis. The Raptors' front office is the best in the NBA in terms of keeping their potential moves a secret. No one has ever been able to predict who the Raptors are going to draft since Masai took over as GM.

I think we take whoever falls from the top-8 or Skal Labissiere.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I still can't get over his athletic limitations, especially when we'd have to start him with JV.
I'm actually leaning towards them picking Poeltl
We aren't drafting Sabonis. The Raptors' front office is the best in the NBA in terms of keeping their potential moves a secret. No one has ever been able to predict who the Raptors are going to draft since Masai took over as GM.

I think we take whoever falls from the top-8 or Skal Labissiere.
if y'all waste that pick on Skal I'm clowning y'all.

Haitian Bargnani

Apex

Banned
Daps

Haitian Bargnani
I like Skal's potential and his story. I feel like his life experiences will push him towards being the best player he possibly can be. I also like Furkan Korkmaz at 9. He reminds me of Manu/Klay Thompson.

The best case scenario for us, though, are Chriss or Bender falling. I'd be ecstatic if they fell to 9.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

Haitian Bargnani

I like Poeltl too, he'd be a good fit here. @str8up I do like Deyonta Davis, but I really think they just wouldn't take him because he's super raw right now. Casey doesn't play rookies/projects unless he's absolutely forced into it.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I don't know how much they're considering him.

Sabonis is probably better to come in and produce but you can't really count on that either

I guess you don't need another roster spot taken up, but they might as well take Davis if they're even considering between him or someone like Skal

Last edited:

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
nikka tested incredibly at the draft combine.

See the link here: nocookies

Put up HISTORIC numbers for someone his size.

My man, why do things like this to yourself. His numbers at the combine were not CLOSE to historic. He put up a 36 inch max vert, which wasn't even historic among bigs, in this single year's combine.

He was behind Damian Jones, Chriss, Bolomboy, Perry Ellis and fukking Jake Layman by three inches. And that was his MAX vert, which he has space to load up. His regular vert, which is the kind of jumping basketball players actually get to use... was straight up pedestrian for a big, just in this draft... LET ALONE in history. Dude isn't even putting up Noah Vonleh numbers.

STOP it.

And on top of that, if you watched ANY competitive basketball that he plays, you'd see that he almost never gets to use any of that in the games. He showed up at the combine at 216 pounds.

I think Thon Maker is worth a flier, later in the first round. Hell, I'd be happy with the knicks buying a pick and taking a shot on him. But if you're gonna use words like historic - you gotta at least throw it in the google-ometer, and see what history actually says. :manny:

I think Chriss would be good but they need somebody who will make an impact instantly and that's Dunn.

Why? :jbhmm:

They have a team full of young players and not a single star. It's not like Dunn makes them a title contender. With all of their guards, he barely moves the needle, and I think he's a great player.

This is an incredible asset to have come across, this is where you take a shot on a guy with some potential.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Why? :jbhmm:

They have a team full of young players and not a single star. It's not like Dunn makes them a title contender. With all of their guards, he barely moves the needle, and I think he's a great player.

This is an incredible asset to have come across, this is where you take a shot on a guy with some potential.

If they can get a guy like Dunn and potentially sign someone like Al Horford that would be huge for them, Dunn is the most NBA ready player in this draft and would help them a ton

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
It's either Brown, Dunn or trade the pick (the best choice)

Nobody else will really make the immediate impact that they need

I guess that's the downside of Isaiah's height, you can't play him at the 2

It's not the best pick but I can see why they would do it

It seems like it's between brown murray and hield

I love how Raptor fans want to draft Skal but then freak out at the prospect of drafting Sabonis :skip:
]

They aren't vey smart