The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't get why people don't think Dunn and Simmons can't work together...I think that over time they can grow together especially as Dunn improves his outside shot....But having Dunn as a primary ball handler and Simmons as a secondary ball handler with shooters all around to me works long term...

Is the-Coli sure that Jamal Murray isn't the better guard between him and Dunn?

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I don't get why people don't think Dunn and Simmons can't work together...I think that over time they can grow together especially as Dunn improves his outside shot....But having Dunn as a primary ball handler and Simmons as a secondary ball handler with shooters all around to me works long term...

I like Murray better

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Dunn and Simmons together will be a messy experiment. It could render Simmons useless in the half court for the first few years. Dunn will do his thing but between him and Simmons they would have no chemistry to start off unless it's on the break, I'd think. Ultimately if they're forced to play with each other then theoretically it'll force them both to play the game the right way and that could help them as their careers go forward.

And Jamal looks for his own shot first, so on most teams him playing point guard might not be a good idea. That's not to say he can't be a point guard. As a shooting guard I love him, he has all the tools that an off-ball threat should have.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How would the 76ers get Dunn and Murray?

It's not both Dunn/Murray (or)

I also look at Jamal Murray as one of those Lead guard types (score 1st PG) if Simmons can be the facilitator they could work

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Agreed.

Austin Ainge says they've narrowed it down to 3 or 4... Brown Hield and Murray all are having second workouts and they got bender coming in tomorrow. If it's Dunn, it's for a trade.

And I'd still not rule out Celtics trading back into the lottery.
Bender winning the third spot at the last minute does wonders for what I want my mock to look like, even if it means Bender's off the board

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Dunn and Simmons together will be a messy experiment. It could render Simmons useless in the half court for the first few years. Dunn will do his thing but between him and Simmons they would have no chemistry to start off unless it's on the break, I'd think. Ultimately if they're forced to play with each other then theoretically it'll force them both to play the game the right way and that could help them as their careers go forward.

And Jamal looks for his own shot first, so on most teams him playing point guard might not be a good idea. That's not to say he can't be a point guard. As a shooting guard I love him, he has all the tools that an off-ball threat should have.
I value Dunn's defensive potential over anything Jamal Murray has to offer, Dunn's ceiling is higher than his if his jumper works out. Dunn is also an excellent cutter off the ball and I think him and Simmons will feed off one another in that regard. If you put two shooters at the wings with Dunn and Simmons at PG and PF they would be fine.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Am I the only one who sees the 76ers making a deal with the Suns for Knight? And than bringing in a veteran starter via trade to play with Simmons?

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I think they could possibly make Simmons & Dunn work together but in the end, it's going to hurt the progression of one or both of them

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think they could possibly make Simmons & Dunn work together but in the end, it's going to hurt the progression of one or both of them
I keep hearing this and I'm just like....

why is it assumed that its IMPOSSIBLE for kids to learn how to shoot or for a team to add shooters around their primary usage guys?

I feel like I missed a memo on that one

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I keep hearing this and I'm just like....

why is it assumed that its IMPOSSIBLE for kids to learn how to shoot or for a team to add shooters around their primary usage guys?

I feel like I missed a memo on that one

It's not, hence why I think they could possibly make it work

It's not impossible to learn how to shoot, but even if Simmons does learn to shoot he'll never be a serious threat to pull up on you, LeBron still isn't either

Dunn is fine, but I think he'd be more suited to be the primary ball handler the majority of the time as he's the best pure point guard in this draft

It's really up to what the Sixers do with Okafor, I do think Noel would compliment Simmons well in the frontcourt