The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Ingram has great vision, of course Ben Simmons is a little better but Ingram has more feel for the game

I think he'll develop to be a really good passer over time
Ben Simmons vision is not a little better, it's literally not arguable...

Ingram is only a superior shooter and shot creator in the half court. We'll see how it translates dude lacks bounce and shot trash percentages around the rim and struggled to create against elite college defenses. He's also frail AF he's going to get lost in screens and targeted in the post in the NBA defensively.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Ben Simmons vision is not a little better, it's literally not arguable...

Ingram is only a superior shooter and shot creator in the half court. We'll see how it translates dude lacks bounce and shot trash percentages around the rim and struggled to create against elite college defenses. He's also frail AF he's going to get lost in screens and targeted in the post in the NBA defensively.

All of Ingram's weaknesses are things that aren't too bad to fix, Simmons is sort of the opposite there

I don't think the post issues will be too big of a deal, he's gaining weight fast (Still will be undersized quite a bit) but wherever he goes can play him at the 2 like Durant for a year

He'll get better around the rim too, he's not afraid of contact like Simmons and already has some pretty decent moves around the rim, it's just the issue of filling out his frame that's holding him back, he won't be able to rely on his length as much as he did in college

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Dunn to Boston makes no sense to me whatsoever.

You have an incredible asset and turn it into drafting a backup PG.

It's either Brown, Dunn or trade the pick (the best choice)

Nobody else will really make the immediate impact that they need

I guess that's the downside of Isaiah's height, you can't play him at the 2

It's not the best pick but I can see why they would do it

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
All of Ingram's weaknesses are things that aren't too bad to fix, Simmons is sort of the opposite there

I don't think the post issues will be too big of a deal, he's gaining weight fast (Still will be undersized quite a bit) but wherever he goes can play him at the 2 like Durant for a year

He'll get better around the rim too, he's not afraid of contact like Simmons and already has some pretty decent moves around the rim, it's just the issue of filling out his frame that's holding him back, he won't be able to rely on his length as much as he did in college
Let's keep it 100. Ingram has WNBA weight room arms. It's gonna be a long time before he ever fills out.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Let's keep it 100. Ingram has WNBA weight room arms. It's gonna be a long time before he ever fills out.

Yeah it's going to take a few years but the dude has really good work ethic it seems so I have high hopes

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Marquese Chriss agrees to Nike deal

Projected lottery pick Marquese Chriss has agreed to terms on a multiyear footwear and apparel endorsement deal with Nike, sources told The Vertical.

The deal was negotiated by agent Rob Pelinka of Landmark Sports.

Chriss, a 6-foot-10 power forward who played one season at Washington, has emerged as one of the most intriguing prospects in Thursday’s draft. Initially projected to be a mid-first-round selection, his impressive team workouts and versatile skillset have helped him climb draft boards. He is projected to go fourth in The Vertical’s most recent mock draft.

Chriss, who turns 19 in early July, has worked out for the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics, who select second and third, respectively. Chriss is an explosive leaper and rim protector on defense, and scouts are high on his ability to stretch the floor with his shooting.

He's the third projected lottery pick to join Nike, following Oklahoma All-American Buddy Hield and LSU's Ben Simmons, who is expected to be the top pick overall.

Sources: Marquese Chriss agrees to Nike deal

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dunn to Boston makes no sense to me whatsoever.

You have an incredible asset and turn it into drafting a backup PG.
It's either Brown, Dunn or trade the pick (the best choice)

Nobody else will really make the immediate impact that they need

I guess that's the downside of Isaiah's height, you can't play him at the 2

It's not the best pick but I can see why they would do it

It's irrelevant. Ainge isn't drafting Dunn unless it's for someone else in a trade.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I agree. At least with buddy, Murray, Chriss, or brown you have someone that fits a need so you're not forced into a trade

I think Chriss would be good but they need somebody who will make an impact instantly and that's Dunn. Nobody else will be able to impact the team instantly like him

He'll be a backup for a year or two then they'll have a really good starting point guard and Isaiah can come off the bench and give them a big spark

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I think Chriss would be good but they need somebody who will make an impact instantly and that's Dunn. Nobody else will be able to impact the team instantly like him

He'll be a backup for a year or two then they'll have a really good starting point guard and Isaiah can come off the bench and give them a big spark
Isaiah would be thrilled to hear this :heh:

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Isaiah would be thrilled to hear this :heh:

I was thinking on some Warriors/Iggy type thing, the Celtics seem like a similar team that would do whatever role wise to win

But I think they should trade it personally, I just think Dunn pick wouldn't be bad either if there isn't a decent trade