The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I think he'll be good, not a franchise guy because of the lack of length, he's like Giannis but not nearly as long or as fluid an athlete.

I think Ben is going to have to learn how to play off ball some especially if any of the top 2017 guys end up on the 76ers....he could be really good as a cutter and baseline finisher. Also think he could do damage facing up in the post. No need to have him as the primary handler given his offensive limitations, as a shooter and ball handler.

Also think people need to consider that Ingram is significantly younger than Ben when projecting.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

I feel bad for your team. Ben couldn't get to the tourney when Martin and Mickey were LSUs only subtractions, both of whom lead them to the tourney.

Good luck with a guy who can't shoot and can't change directions well but isn't overly explosive or long as your number one option :mjlol:

Last edited:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I feel bad for your team. Ben couldn't get to the tourney when Martin and Mickey were LSUs only subtractions, both of whom less them to the tourney.

Good luck with a guy who can't shoot and can't change directions well but isn't overly explosive or long as your number one option.
Okay :ehh:

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I can see Simmons being a Cousins kinda guy, good player but can't even get his team to the 8th seed after 6-7 years

His attitude is worse too so I can see some chemistry problems, he doesn't seem like he has what it takes to win

But if he proves me wrong I wouldn't be mad either

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
If the Celtics can't trade the third I'm starting to see why they might take Dunn

He's probably the most NBA ready player in this draft, don't think they're willing to wait for Murray's defense to improve

I still think Buddy is a better pick for Boston at 3, but Dunn is interesting

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
If the Celtics can't trade the third I'm starting to see why they might take Dunn

He's probably the most NBA ready player in this draft, don't think they're willing to wait for Murray's defense to improve

I still think Buddy is a better pick for Boston at 3, but Dunn is interesting

If you draft Dunn then, there's no point of rozier being on the roster... Marcus smart too to a lesser extent but he can play 2-3 different positions

Brown or any of the bigs make more sense considering the way the roster is set up but Danny said best player available

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
If you draft Dunn then, there's no point of rozier being on the roster... Marcus smart too to a lesser extent but he can play 2-3 different positions

Brown or any of the bigs make more sense considering the way the roster is set up but Danny said best player available

Rozier and Dunn are the same age, and Dunn is miles ahead, he'd be the best point guard on their roster too

If anything, they can probably move Rozier in a package deal

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
College Basketball is irrelevant whether Simmons made the tourney or not doesn't matter stop using that shyt to project what he'll be in the NBA...

This dude did not give AF about college and that team had :trash: spacing.

:heh:
I think he'll be good, not a franchise guy because of the lack of length, he's like Giannis but not nearly as long or as fluid an athlete.
He has large hands and a 7 1/4th foot wingspan, he's not as long as Giannis but he's not as limited in terms of length as Blake Griffin.

I think he's a lot more coordinated and fluid than Giannis, he sometimes looks sloppy handling the ball while Simmons looks like a legitimate 6'10 PG in the open floor. I think Simmons feel for the game and ability to dish at his size puts him in a tier of his own. His upside is head and shoulders above every other player in the draft. Simmons is 240 and reportedly added 20 pounds of muscle since the end of the college season while also working on his jumper.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
College Basketball is irrelevant whether Simmons made the tourney or not doesn't matter stop using that shyt to project what he'll be in the NBA...

He has large hands and a 7 1/4th foot wingspan, he's not as long as Giannis but he's not as limited in terms of length as Blake Griffin.

I think he's a lot more coordinated and fluid than Giannis, he sometimes looks sloppy handling the ball while Simmons looks like a legitimate 6'10 PG in the open floor. I think Simmons feel for the game and ability to dish at his size puts him in a tier of his own. His upside is head and shoulders above every other player in the draft. Simmons is 240 and reportedly added 20 pounds of muscle since the end of the college season while also working on his jumper.

I don't think Simmons wingspan is 7'0.25" though, it was 6'11" at the Hoop Summit and Skills Academy then jumps to 7'0.25" when he's measured for his college team just a month or two later? Sounds like the usual home cooking bump.

Giannis is a more fluid athlete, Simmons looks a lot stiffer when he runs and I'd say Giannis handle is better since I always see Ben going left. I think Simmons will be good, I think Giannis has a chance at top 5-10 player in the league.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps

If we're basing everything else off the college game why can't we do the same with his attitude? Ingram is more fluid, and at the very least on the same level of Simmons with things like footwork and vision

No team is going to have ideal spacing for him, you have to build a whole team around him

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I'm going by his last official measurements y'all could think it's less just going off by official data...

:manny:
If we're basing everything else off the college game why can't we do the same with his attitude? Ingram is more fluid, and at the very least on the same level of Simmons with things like footwork and vision

No team is going to have ideal spacing for him, you have to build a whole team around him
Ingram has Simmons' vision, what? :what:

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I'm going by his last official measurements y'all could think it's less just going off by official data...

:manny:

Ingram has Simmons' vision, what? :what:

Ingram has great vision, of course Ben Simmons is a little better but Ingram has more feel for the game

I think he'll develop to be a really good passer over time