The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Our D Line is gonna look weird as hell. There's going to be moments where the linemen are numbered 1, 3, 4, and 5. :dahell:

I think they do that to the "star" players.....The ones they are expecting to make a big impact.....Cam had #2(not rare for a quarterback) which is no longer available as well as Bo's and Pat Sullivan's. Nate Craig-Meyers, Davidson, Cowart, Holland, etc.....all have single digit numbers

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think he had one year where his defense wasn't good at Florida and that was due to a ton of injuries. Auburn last year was a mess offensively. You can't ask your defense to be on the field the whole game like that and not expect to get scored on.

Oh, I agree the record is what matters and Muschamp ran Florida program down and he didn't deserve a job that quick. I just hope he has learn from those mistakes. Hell, we thought we had Tom Herman locked and loaded but that didn't work out.

Herman's getting that Texas job once Charlie Strong gets :camby:

I think he made a big mistake leaving Louisville.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Herman's getting that Texas job once Charlie Strong gets :camby:

I think he made a big mistake leaving Louisville.

Yeah, Herman had done everything but signed the contract. Him backing out really set us back on the coaching search. We was probably going to get Kirby Smart but Georgia put a stop to that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, Herman had done everything but signed the contract. Him backing out really set us back on the coaching search. We was probably going to get Kirby Smart but Georgia put a stop to that.

I'm not really big on defensive coordinators being head coaches since a lot of that has to do with talent more than scheme IMO.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I'm not really big on defensive coordinators being head coaches since a lot of that has to do with talent more than scheme IMO.

You have to have a dynamite offensive coordinator if your head coach's background is defense. Vice Versa if your head coach is an offensive coach. That's the hard balancing act all of them have to do. Some coaches are fortunate to find the right guy pretty quick. It's all politics and who you know as a head coach. So basically.........:mjpls:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Ask Auburn or Florida is he good defensively.. No way he deserved yalls job
Auburn's defense was actually pretty good with Lawson in. Gave up 339 yards over the last 5 games, which featured games like TAMU, Alabama, etc. Also pitched a shutout in the one half against Louisville. Even not counting Lawson, I don't know if we lost a single game because of the defense

Billy Hoyle

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
I think they do that to the "star" players.....The ones they are expecting to make a big impact.....Cam had #2(not rare for a quarterback) which is no longer available as well as Bo's and Pat Sullivan's. Nate Craig-Meyers, Davidson, Cowart, Holland, etc.....all have single digit numbers
:patrice:I dunno about that breh

Jake+Holland+Arkansas+v+Auburn+qGcdmSsvJhCl.jpg

Auburn+v+Alabama+MV9_PLOjde2l.jpg

11909881-large.jpg

7S6fgbR.png