The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
naw, not leaving it out, just dont think any 2 loss team should get in over those top 1 loss teams (osu, wash, mich).....if osu beats mich, they should be in...if wash wins the pac 12, they should be in....how close you got in your loss shouldnt matter, it's still a loss....also, wisconsin loss to the 2 teams from the big 10 that are fighting for that 1 spot....seriously, even if they win out and say mich losses, i wouldnt put them in over a 2 loss mich team, when mich beat them head to head....

now, if the 1 loss teams lose, then it opens the door for the big 12 and big 10 champs....that's the only way i see them getting in....
So Wisc as B10 champs shouldn't be in over Michigan

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well the first domino has fallen? Herman to Texas is a given, so LSU all in on Jimbo? Who gets called up to FSU? Pruitt? Taggert? Fleck?

Cwilk02

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Where's that old thread where everyone was making a big deal about Charlie Strong getting hired and saying Texas is back?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Wisc as B10 champs shouldn't be in over Michigan

*disclaimer: i'm basing this as if the big 10 only gets 1 slot in the playoff, cause the other confs held form, meaning wash, clem, and bama win out*

if they beat mich to win it, yea...if they beat penn st to win it, no...reason being: although it's nice to have, the playoff aint about championships, it's about the 4 best teams....when trying to decide between teams that already played each other, winning that game holds more weight to me, so mich gets the advantage...all this wont matter if wis has to beat penn st for the champ though....cause that means osu beat mich, and i'm def taking them over a 2 loss big 10 champ...

now, if wash and/or clem loses 1 of the next 2, then we can have a different convo...cause one of them losing opens up the door for a 2 loss champ team, i.e. the big 10 champ, the big 12 champ, the pac 12 champ(if it's colorado with only 2 losses).....

i think bama a lock even if they lose 1 of the next 2....now, if bama lose both of the next 2, then in the words of keith jackson: whoa nelly.....trying to decide who goes then will be a serious convo for the committee.....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well the first domino has fallen? Herman to Texas is a given, so LSU all in on Jimbo? Who gets called up to FSU? Pruitt? Taggert? Fleck?

none, dont think jimbo going anywhere....lsu better call up baylor old coach....

side note: i still dont see the big deal about herman...yea, he's helped make houston better, but i still wouldnt call them good cause they not consistent enough...if they were, they would be in the playoffs this year, but he couldnt coach them up against lesser talent...not hating on him, he's a decent good, with potential to get better, but i think people are gonna be in a state of denial with him...meaning they gonna give him the excuses/leeway they didnt give charlie, if he doesnt win the big 12 in 3 years, and/or have them in the playoff....

Last edited: