The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Nah I got connects with boosters that watch practices, you don't know what you're talking about and are blinded by what ifs

He ain't shyt, wasn't shyt in juco, wasn't shyt at fsu. He just a real fast dude with marginal at best qb ability. If this was madden it would be like taking Chris Johnson and converting to qb it ain't nice like that
So why tf did the qb battle last so damn long? If that's the case, why not knock him down to 3rd string? So you're telling me that his arm is worse than Nick Marshall's? That shouldn't be possible. Hell Johnny manziel was ass in practice, but he was money on gameday.

Edit: If you have connects, why not fill in the rest of the AU fans here to quell the JF3 arguments?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
So why tf did the qb battle last so damn long? If that's the case, why not knock him down to 3rd string? So you're telling me that his arm is worse than Nick Marshall's? That shouldn't be possible. Hell Johnny manziel was ass in practice, but he was money on gameday.
why yes, yes it is :mjgrin:

the reason it lasted so long is because of booster pressure and recruiting promises, same reason guys like Mike Dyer, Duke WIlliams, and Jovon Rob didnt get booted when they should have

big time college athletics isnt so simple as just recruiting stars and espn projections, anyone who has followed their team long enough should know the truth by now

you know why Saban is so successful? its cause he and he alone is control of that program. We always gonna have bullshyt due to our organizational structure for better or worse. Thats why many of us (go check AU family and other fan sites if you need to) have been screaming for jay jacobs head for so long

but back on message, yes JF3 is a product of hype because of his speed. Nick Marshall basically fit the same bill except he was smarter with the football in general and had a better field awareness(something JJ struggles with and JF3 just doesnt have)...its this reason that Sean starts. It isnt because Sean is some physical specimen. Its that he knows the playbook like the back of his hand and has the best understanding of what to take from defenses

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

Edit: If you have connects, why not fill in the rest of the AU fans here to quell the JF3 arguments?

Can I ask you why you are championing for JF3? I'm just curious

HabitualChiller

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
why yes, yes it is :mjgrin:

the reason it lasted so long is because of booster pressure and recruiting promises, same reason guys like Mike Dyer, Duke WIlliams, and Jovon Rob didnt get booted when they should have

big time college athletics isnt so simple as just recruiting stars and espn projections, anyone who has followed their team long enough should know the truth by now

you know why Saban is so successful? its cause he and he alone is control of that program. We always gonna have bullshyt due to our organizational structure for better or worse. Thats why many of us (go check AU family and other fan sites if you need to) have been screaming for jay jacobs head for so long

but back on message, yes JF3 is a product of hype because of his speed. Nick Marshall basically fit the same bill except he was smarter with the football in general and had a better field awareness(something JJ struggles with and JF3 just doesnt have)...its this reason that Sean starts. It isnt because Sean is some physical specimen. Its that he knows the playbook like the back of his hand and has the best understanding of what to take from defenses
Thx. Didn't have to call me blind tho:mjcry:.

What do you see from Woody Barrett?

If Saban is really that good of a coach, why are the 5 star qb's that he recruits ass(Cornwell/Blake Barnett)? Looking too much into stars.

HabitualChiller

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Can I ask you why you are championing for JF3? I'm just curious
He made 2 really nice throws when he got the chance. One was a perfect deep ball in the back of the endzone.I at least thought that he was as good a passer as Nick. That and they run an offense which is about 80%(?)run based so I thought that he was the best fit.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They said it was a done deal last year too :pachaha:

Something about this year feels different. No better time to jump. Texas, LSU, Notre Dame all about to be open. That's three "dream jobs" that are about to be closed off with new hires for at least the next 4 years. He closing in on 10 years in Tally as OC/HC. He miss this train, that'll put him at 15 years in Tally, before this opportunity comes around again (that's banking on the next hire falling on their face). There aren't many "lifers" like Holtz, Bobby, or Peterno left. I think he's gone. I hope the brass at FSU aren't sitting on their hands. They were real aggressive with Fisher making him the coach in waiting. So far, I haven't heard anything about who is even on their short list. My vote is for Taggart. Young, know the lay of the land, good with boosters, comes from good coaching tree pedigree (Papa Harbaugh), and I think he'd view FSU as a "dream job" situation instead of a launching pad.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
He made 2 really nice throws when he got the chance. One was a perfect deep ball in the back of the endzone.I at least thought that he was as good a passer as Nick. That and they run an offense which is about 80%(?)run based so I thought that he was the best fit.

Go watch the 1st half of the Vanderbilt game, and come back and tell us your thoughts.
He should really be learning how to run routes. He's that bad

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Who's getting a call after next weekend?
Major Applewhite, Houston
Jake Spavital, Cal
Sterlin Gilbert, Texas
Ed Warinner, Ohio State
Joe Moorhead, Penn State
Sonny Cumbie, TCU
Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma
Lane Kiffin, Alabama
Tim Drevno, Michigan
Todd Orlando, Houston

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Who's getting a call after next weekend?
Major Applewhite, Houston
Jake Spavital, Cal
Sterlin Gilbert, Texas
Ed Warinner, Ohio State
Joe Moorhead, Penn State
Sonny Cumbie, TCU
Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma
Lane Kiffin, Alabama
Tim Drevno, Michigan
Todd Orlando, Houston

Kiffin, Riley, Applewhite