The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I literally have never seen someone try to discredit prime USC....they were fukkin crazy...just NFL STARTERS...not players..STARTERS on both sides of the ball and they killed who they were supposed to, and won on the road in conference....and they outplayed one of the better michigan teams in the rose bowl, embarassed a great oklahoma team, and went toe to toe with the GOAT tx squad

02-05 they lost 3 games in total, two of them in overtime, all 3 on the road. Even if you add 06 they lost 2 games, on the road by a combined 7 points. If you add 07 they STILL won the rosebowl.

I'll put 02-08 USC over alabama's current run of domination to be honest.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
USC had Pete Carroll, a top 3 coach in football. You crazy if you dont think that USC wasnt on par with any championship team.

Now he's with the Seahawks and look how far he's taken them.

Not saying they weren't on par just saying USC had it easier back then comp on the west coast much better now as far as schools you battling. Lets not act like Stanford and Oregon were top 10 powers when Pete was there Pac 12 got more options,better coaches it's not as easy for USC anymore Cali talent just ain't flocking to USC just cause anymore.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
I literally have never seen someone try to discredit prime USC....they were fukkin crazy...just NFL STARTERS...not players..STARTERS on both sides of the ball and they killed who they were supposed to, and won on the road in conference....and they outplayed one of the better michigan teams in the rose bowl, embarassed a great oklahoma team, and went toe to toe with the GOAT tx squad

02-05 they lost 3 games in total, two of them in overtime, all 3 on the road. Even if you add 06 they lost 2 games, on the road by a combined 7 points. If you add 07 they STILL won the rosebowl.

I'll put 02-08 USC over alabama's current run of domination to be honest.

USC bread and butter were the OL and DL again I'm not discrediting USC run i'm just saying the Pac 10 had no schools on their level to even challenge them USC had the whole damn western US on lock you give FSU the luxury of having a dead Clemson,Florida and Miami they could easily have same success in fact FSU already did it vs better comp.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Do you think Urban Meyer came to Florida at a great time when he took the Gator job? Was FSU,Miami and Tennessee programs that were not struggling when he took the job lets not mention the fact Saban was not at Bama at this point you think it was a lot easier for Urban to pluck nikkas like Percy Harvin,Aaron Hernandez and the Pounceys when he had no legit threats on his level? Isn't it strange Urban bailed out once Saban and Jimbo took control of their schools making it a lot more difficult to cherry pick talent?
There is no such thing as an easy time at Florida.

And he left because he didn't have Tebow anymore.

He's the one coach in the nation who is proven to be on Saban's leve. As for Jimbo :comeon: Jimbo not on Urban & Saban level :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Yeah occasional is the keyword schools like Oregon St would go from 9-4 to 5-6 with the quickness UCLA was only good in 2005 with 10 wins every other year them cats were trash. Washington was so bad in the mid 00s they were going 2-10,3-9 cmon it's easy to dominate weak ass conferences and a whole damn region when it comes to recruiting. Only Pac 12 school that was putting out legit NFL talent was Cal with nikkas like Rodgers,Desean and Marshawn the hell was Stanford and the Arizona schools putting out don't even get me started on the shytty state of Washington and Washington St.

My main point about USC is they had it as easy as they could to win and pluck all the 5 stars in the West due to having no one on their level they had half a damn country to pluck from they better win.
But they got those five stars because they were so good :heh:. I dont get your logic fam. Alabama has the entire south to pick from with your line of thinking. USC is next to UCLA and in state with cal and Stanford. They were recruiting nationally and were the first to dig into hawaii for talent.

Alabama lost to OLE MISS breh, its the same shyt. It wasnt JUST the talent that usc had it was the coaching and discipline and execution that carroll installed...same thing with saban.

Saban could go to Eastern Michigan and win the MAC in 2 years and recruit good enough even right next door to michigan and make it to a new years bowl in 5. These coaches are just like that. Herman turned Houston from like the 8th most revelvant school in texas to easily the hottest.

I just dont get the attempt to say USC had it easy...they MADE it easy

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
But they got those five stars because they were so good :heh:. I dont get your logic fam. Alabama has the entire south to pick from with your line of thinking. USC is next to UCLA and in state with cal and Stanford. They were recruiting nationally and were the first to dig into hawaii for talent.

Alabama lost to OLE MISS breh, its the same shyt. It wasnt JUST the talent that usc had it was the coaching and discipline and execution that carroll installed...same thing with saban.

Saban could go to Eastern Michigan and win the MAC in 2 years and recruit good enough even right next door to michigan and make it to a new years bowl in 5. These coaches are just like that. Herman turned Houston from like the 8th most revelvant school in texas to easily the hottest.

I just dont get the attempt to say USC had it easy...they MADE it easy

The SEC plus FSU and Clemson take up 80 percent of the top 20 in recruiting yearly come on now yall smarter than this.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
USC bread and butter were the OL and DL again I'm not discrediting USC run i'm just saying the Pac 10 had no schools on their level to even challenge them USC had the whole damn western US on lock you give FSU the luxury of having a dead Clemson,Florida and Miami they could easily have same success in fact FSU already did it vs better comp.
But they had no schools on USC's level because USC ROSE THE LEVEL. USC was losing 8 games a year before caroll got there and he improved the program....the pac 12 wasnt falling apart...USC was just bossing up

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama

Lmaooo USC youtube account put this vid out the comments are hilarious
:russ:
Pro Fessional2 hours ago
fukk you USC, all that talent, all that hype and all you can do is pull out 6 measly points? Time to clean house again. Little tip: go find a coach worth the fukking money who's proven.

Lebrick James1 hour ago
5 fukking year contract I hope swan has the balls to fire this moron that's three straight losses now

Rodney Strong1 hour ago
SC you bums, give props to Bamas D, they blew up every play and our QBs couldn't get anything done. Alabama is the real #1 and I hope Helton gets his butt in gear, it was bad coaching, and Kiffen was ready on every level for this game and the D coordinator

Acid Jones2 hours ago
Why would you even upload this? Roll Tide

whaledog7712 minutes ago
USC fans have to be honest about one thing, and that is that southern California no longer has the talent base it once had. Not to be racist but the high schools in southern California that USC use to recruit from very heavily are now heavily Hispanic and the talent pool is no longer there.

Jimm Magnet1 hour ago
I wouldn't be so cocky and disrespectful because things change. USC Trojans were on top, now they've fallen. Look, congratulations to Alabama, they beat us, good for them. I just hope USC can one day dominate again. Peace.

Thats why all the Cali schools suck now :lolbron:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
I dont get your point. If thats the case why is USC and CAL and UCLA all in shambles right now? California isnt magicallly producing LESS talent right?

Stanford is a legit program now,Washington is better again they getting back to the 90s level as far as bringing in talent,Oregon consistent with their way of bringing in talent. UCLA is a much tougher threat to USC for the first time since 99/00 era USC was ahead of them cats forever 2x until Mora came UCLA was a nothing program trying to run the pistol going 4-8. All I said was USC had it easier in the 00s due to no one on they level when it comes to recruiting head to head for elite talent. I think FSU vs UF vs Bama vs UGA vs Miami is more difficult than USC vs Cal vs UCLA vs Oregon St vs ND for 5 star recruits.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
fukk is with you quoting yourself all the time? Theres a reason you're in the red AND have more posts than DAPS which i didnt even think was possible.
I quote great posts. Lol the fact that u care about my rep, dap and posts I think says a lot more about u than it does me...

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Wish your Trojans showed as much fight on the field yesterday as yall showing in this thread as I was putting Petey over but got panties in a bunch for saying the Pac 10 was garbage back then. Haha I don't remember anyone debating who would win the Pac 10 from 04 till 09 damn I must of forgot those 1-10 Washington and Buddy Teevins/Walt Harris Stanford era squads. 6 loss Karl Dorrell was supposed to compete with USC :comeon: yeah USC had a PBC list of rivals to compete with back in the Carroll era I guess Rod Salka was Washington St lead by Bill Doba :russ: