The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Terrelle Pryor did his best on the opening Sunday of the NFL season to convince doubters that he's an exciting starting quarterback. (Even those doubters within the Oakland Raiders' organization.)

Perhaps the most encouraging sign of all from Pryor: Hewasn't remotely impressed after the game. Pryor said his performance in the Raiders' 21-17 loss to the Indianapolis Colts was "awful."

"I could've helped win the game and didn't," Pryor said, via CSN Bay Area. "We had 'em on the ropes and we didn't knock them out. The record is all that matters to me. I don't care what my numbers are. I just want to do well for the team, and I didn't do well enough."

Pryor added: "Please don't write this as cocky because it's not. Anytime I get on the field, I feel like I'm the best player out there, and that my team is going to have a chance to win. That's my job. I need to get the ball into the right hands and make plays. We have to get better. I know I do."

Pryor's day included 217 yards through the air, one throwing touchdown and two interceptions that he bemoaned after the game. It also included 112 yards on the ground -- more than any other player in the entire NFL. (The rushing yards also set a Raiders record for quarterback rushing yards.)

The Raiders entered the season looking like a punchline. It was only one game, but Pryor's performance gives the team some hope. It's encouraging that he wasn't remotely satisfied with the effort. (Even if we're inclined to roll withAndrew Luck's evaluation of Pryor's day.)

"I'll tell you, Terrelle Pryor is a stud," the Colts QB said. "He made some unbelievable plays."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See i like to see pryor come out and say that.. flynn would have had that defeated attitude of we tried our best, but we'll get it right.. Pryor seems determine and ready for sunday. look like i can see a repeat performance minus the interceptions

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Pryor Has no Help period

No receivers, no tight end, mcfadden is starting 2 fade even tho this is a contract year, he doesn't seem to have that burst in him no more

If the Raiders next year get a big free agent receiver, offensive lineman and 2 defensive linemen this team will make a playoff run

Then u go into the draft and get some quality players it might be time to

africandance.gif

Bounty

All Star
Daps
Pryor Has no Help period

No receivers, no tight end, mcfadden is starting 2 fade even tho this is a contract year, he doesn't seem to have that burst in him no more

If the Raiders next year get a big free agent receiver, offensive lineman and 2 defensive linemen this team will make a playoff run

Then u go into the draft and get some quality players it might be time to

africandance.gif

Veldheer and Watson will hold down the Tackle spots and we just need to replace bumass Nix, Bergstrom and Brisiel with two soild guards. We might have one of the best olines in football:whew:

As long as pryor improves we are gonna do damage.

Pryor with blocking:wow:

We got 50+ mill in cap space this upcoming season. So you know Reggie will get more room than ever to operate and bring in solid free agents :ohlawd:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/10/pryor-gets-another-chance-to-repay-al-davis/

Pryor gets another chance to repay Al Davis
Posted by Mike Florio on September 10, 2013, 8:31 AM EDT
pryor1.jpg

After a loss that in many ways felt like a victory on Sunday, Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor told Peter King of TheMMQB.com that he has immense gratitude for the late Al Davis.

I owe Mr. Davis,’’ Pryor told King. “This man believed I’d be a star quarterback. He said that to me multiple times. He took a chance on me when other teams wouldn’t. And I think he was smiling down a little bit today, watching this. This may sound crazy, but every day I’m thankful for what he did for me.”

Pryor will get another chance to prove Davis right on Sunday.

As expected, coach Dennis Allen announced that Pryor will start the home opener against the Jaguars, who won’t be starting quarterback Blaine Gabbert. Pryor gets the start even though he declared he was “awful” in his debut. Allen obviously disagrees.

“I wouldn’t go so far as to say that he was awful, but he also understands that there’s some critical mistakes in the game that we got to get corrected because we can’t have those,” Allen said Monday, via Steve Corkran of the Bay Area News Group.

The next challenge for Pryor will be to correct his mistakes and, in time, expand his abilities. As Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star pointed out after Sunday’s game at Indy, the sentiment in the Colts’ locker room was that Pryor looked for one receiver and then, if the receiver wasn’t open, Pryor ran.

Regardless, the Colts couldn’t stop the man who is the NFL’s second leading rusher through one full week of action. We’ll see if the Jaguars can do any better on Sunday.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
WOULD YOU GUYS START RAIDERS D IN FANTASY ?

We will find out if the D is like the Raiders D in the past few years. We play lights out D one game then turn around and look like a middle school team the next game. Hopefully this won't happen.​

Daps
Reppin
Heed Breed.
I am. I don't have a traditional stout D in my lineup so Im going after teams that play against bottom dwellers. The Raiders will come out ferocious and attack Henne all day long.

Do you have transactions fees in your league? I got NE right now , but it seems Raiders Defense will turn up, especially at home.

People saying start Pryor. But i cant leave My Stafford,Bush,C.Johnson Trio. Double points is a MF.