The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Terrelle Pryor defined Week 1 of the NFL season.
To be sure, there was that afternoon-opening Adrian Peterson TD gallop; one awesome game (49ers-Packers, as hyped); a handful of interesting ones (Sean Payton’s triumphant return, the Pats’ brush with schadenfreude); and at least one that was as much fun as cringing can allow (J-E-T-S!)
***FTW: Week 1 winners/losers***
But otherwise? Kind of meh, right?
Except for that one amazing moment in the mid-afternoon, when Terrelle Pryor took over the NFL.
He was already the object of rubber-necking fascination, the Week 1 starting QB in Oakland almost by default (Matt Flynn, everyone!), in the league through the side door of the supplemental draft after that high-wire career at Ohio State.
Of course, entering Sunday afternoon, Pryor was owned in just 7% of ESPN.com fantasy leagues (11% of Yahoo!) and starting in just 1% (a group, by the way, that should take over the claim as THE 1%).
Then he started making plays.
That series in the 2nd quarter, where Pryor ran for 9 yards on 2nd and 8, then the very next play, a 29-yard burst.
Two plays later, another run for 13 yards. A few plays later, the Raiders’ first TD of the season — a bona fide NFL Touchdown Drive.
***Must-see: Week 1′s best photos***
After halftime, when fans across the country had perked up about Pryormania, a 26-yard run that flipped the field and led to a field goal. Raiders down just four. Hmm…
Oakland’s D hung in there. Pryor’s 30-yard TD pass at the end of the 3rd quarter to Darren McFadden — even reversed on reply — felt… portentous?
We’re all tuned in, waiting on the next moment the indefatigable Red Zone host Scott Hanson takes us back to Indy.
Start of the 4th quarter: A series of Pryor completions leads to a 5-yard TD pass — and an Oakland lead in the 4th, perhaps the least-likely scenario heading into the day.
That Pryor ultimately ended up taking a brutal sack and then throwing the game away late isn’t really the point.
The point is that he burst from nowhere to make the first week of the new NFL season as interesting as it got all day.
The point is that he forces you to watch and that he forces you to take an opinion: Electrifying? Way too incomplete? Generally baffling?
In that way, he is the next “new Tim Tebow” — the object of fascination, even a mania, bringing baggage (even if the flip side of Tebow’s) and that greatest of athlete traits:
You never know what is going to happen.
“I did awful, I thought,” Pryor said, as if leading the league in rushing yards in Week 1 and setting the Raiders franchise record for rushing yards by a QB is nothing.
And perhaps, in some alternate universe, Tim Tebow is wearing a No. 5 silver-and-black jersey, finishing off that game with an improbable game-winning TD, not a imploding game-blowing INT.
But it is Pryor in the QB1 spot and Pryor capturing the fascination of fans on a day that was supposed to be owned by, say, Andrew Luck, who won the game, but couldn’t possibly have sparked the excitement — particularly for fans in Oakland — that Pryor did.
As of today, Terrelle Pryor is the most fascinating player in the NFL, taking up the mantle left behind when Tim Tebow was.
:dwillhuh: :scusthov: Cacs really trying to compare T-Gawd to Tebow now. :snoop:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Jaguars HC Gus Bradley ruled out QB Blaine Gabbert from starting Sunday at Oakland. Chad Henne now gets start.​

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Colin Cowherd said the same thing today. Comparing him to Tebow.

shyt is ridiculous.
:snoop: T-Gawd already more accurate and better than all facets of being a QB than Tebow has been and will ever be. :smh: Media just can't stop talking about this fukker Tebow, he is out the league for fukks sake. :beli: Cac's getting shook that the QB position is being taken over by Black Excellence slowly but surely. :blessed:

Daps
As much as i would like to think we're a better team than most people expected, i'm still not gonna get my hopes up. I've been fooled by this team so many times that i really wouldn't be surprised if we lost to the Jags next Sunday.

I been beggin for pryor to get put in to see what he really wuz,so he could get better or so we could axe em....Its really hard not to be pissed off imo....had they been playin Pryor he'd be muched more evolved by now instead of so raw....instead they bought in other quarterbacks who ain't never won shyt only to end up playing Pryor anyway like they coulda been doin:mindblown:....it'd be nice to know what we are going to get out of pryor coming in to the season....that big play ability gon give these nikkas hope all season that they in it for the full 4 quaters tho,and the fans too:ohlawd:...:salute: to Gannon the gawd for working wit em and helpin him with his game:bow:

And lose to the jags:russ:? The Jags is either the worst team in the league or the chiefs is godly this year....and we all know the chiefs wasn't shyt last year and won't be shyt this year...Jags is just that bad,the win next week will help his confidence..

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been beggin for pryor to get put in to see what he really wuz,so he could get better or so we could axe em....Its really hard not to be pissed off imo....had they been playin Pryor he'd be muched more evolved by now instead of so raw....instead they bought in other quarterbacks who ain't never won shyt only to end up playing Pryor anyway like they coulda been doin:mindblown:....it'd be nice to know what we are going to get out of pryor coming in to the season....that big play ability gon give these nikkas hope all season that they in it for the full 4 quaters tho,and the fans too:ohlawd:...:salute: to Gannon the gawd for working wit em and helpin him with his game:bow:

And lose to the jags:russ:? The Jags is either the worst team in the league or the chiefs is godly this year....and we all know the chiefs wasn't shyt last year and won't be shyt this year...Jags is just that bad,the win next week will help his confidence..

I hope you're right, but I do remember us being an MJD and Gabbert injury away from losing to these guys last year. All i'm saying is, you never know with this team.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
As much as i would like to think we're a better team than most people expected, i'm still not gonna get my hopes up. I've been fooled by this team so many times that i really wouldn't be surprised if we lost to the Jags next Sunday.

Likewise, but I am rooting for Pryor. If he can be an answer at QB we'll be far along in the rebuilding process. We gotta use this next draft for defense and free agency to maybe find some feature receivers.