The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Bender Rodriguez

The Coli's Resident Mexican
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fábrica Robótica De La Madre

:comeon:

yeah just cause he came from Green Bay doesn't mean that equals success, he hasn't done much at all in Oakland. Matt Flynn had 1 game in GB and McKenzie was there, whoopty doo, we saw how Flynn turned out and Mckenzie hasnt exactly been better then the GMs we had before

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
And Mckenzie said he woulda drafted the motherfukker 3rd overall if he couldnt make a trade. Only fukkin good draft pick the last 2 years has been Sio Moore.. Not giving up on Mckenzie yet, but it doesnt seem like he has a great eye for talent.
McKenzie grade wise is a D- so far. He makes Hugh Jackson seem like a genius

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
:comeon:

yeah just cause he came from Green Bay doesn't mean that equals success, he hasn't done much at all in Oakland. Matt Flynn had 1 game in GB and McKenzie was there, whoopty doo, we saw how Flynn turned out and Mckenzie hasnt exactly been better then the GMs we had before

Just to be clear, you're comparing McKenzie's Gm skills to Flynn's Qb skills?

I think @Rick Roller 10 probably thought you meant McGloin, like I did before your next post

Bender Rodriguez

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naw, just a weird comparison, but I get what he's sayin.

I mean, Flynn had that one game in GB where 2 teams thought he would be the next QB, but he just had that one game.

When McKenzie was announced as GM, everyone went fukkin ape shyt cause they thought he would be the man to change this organization but honestly, what has he really done, I mean there hasnt been much change since a few years, yeah were one game behind, so were we other years and at one time we were first place in the division but that dont mean ish unless you make the playoffs...

One game showed how awful Flynn is and this season and the last season shows McKenzie doesnt have the glitz and glamour people wanted...

i thought the analogy worked

:yeshrug:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Matt McGloin remains Oakland Raiders' starting QB

The Oakland Raiders made it official on Wednesday: Matt McGloin is going to start at quarterback this week against the Tennessee Titans. They didn't have any choice.

There was no way the Raiders could go back to Terrelle Pryor because McGloin was too good last week against the Houston Texans.

Even before McGloin's impressive start against Houston, NFL Media columnist Michael Silver reported that McGloin could possibly win the starting job because of long-term doubts about Pryor. McGloin's performance left no doubt. He took first-team reps at practice Wednesday, while Pryor took the second-team reps.

Rashad Jennings

McGloin was hurt by a ton of drops against Houston, but he still made a lot of plays. His "poor man's Jeff Garcia" reputation didn't fit with some of the vertical passes he put on target. He was very calm in the pocket and threw some bullets over the middle. McGloin doesn't have a gun, but he has a bigger arm than Garcia.

McGloin didn't close the game well, but it was an incredible effort through three quarters. It was a better one-game performance than anything we've seen this season from Geno Smith or EJ Manuel. McGloin's emergence is a tough break for Pryor, who has worked hard for his chance to lead an NFL team. But this shouldn't be a tough decision.

McGloin's performance against Houston comes against incredible odds. He was viewed in August as a " training camp arm," but he outplayed fourth-round draft pick Tyler Wilson and veteran Matt Flynn to earn a spot on the roster. McGloin wasn't drafted out of Penn State; he wasn't even invited to the NFL Scouting Combine. McGloin wrote a letter to every general manager in the league, strongly making his case for a chance. Yahoo! Sports filmed a video that included McGloin reading the letter.

"The conventional wisdom is that I don't have the measurables," McGloin wrote. "Well I'd argue that victories under more pressure than any other program in America is measurable enough to earn a chance to prove what I can do. To those saying to me that you'll never make it, all I have to say is this: Watch me."

I'm sold. The Raiders have to find out if McGloin can repeat the effort this week, and possibly for the rest of the season.

Bounty

All Star
Daps
If mcgloin plays well again this sunday then the pryor area could be finished

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Ridiculous that people are writing off Pryor like he was the cause of the Raider problems. And one game against a 2-win team when your defense set you up on the 16 yard line...twice...does not make you the next Tom Brady.

They are acting like he went out there and threw for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns and that he drove down the field on all of them.

I'll say it again...these fukkers don't want Pryor to have a chance and have looked for a reason to bench him. All young QBs go through growing pains.

Bender Rodriguez

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
wow this representation of McGloin is getting disgusting at this point....So basically all the writers and the rest of organization are going to ride until he has his fail game, but say its growing pains and its only his third or fourth start, another loss happens, they start saying its okay, we can get pass this, another loss happens..switch quarterbacks, does anyone else not notice a pattern here????

:snoop:

i fukkin hate the management and the sheepish writers

Rick Roller 10

All Star
Daps
If mcgloin plays well again this sunday then the pryor area could be finished
Its the NFL. We all know Mgloin will get hurt soon... Then Pryor will come in and get hurt, just in time for Mgloin to come back and get hurt again.... Which will lead to a QB controversy including Tyler Wilson. It never ends.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I had a feeling Hayden would turn into DVD 2.0. Just another bum.

smh, this nikka couldn't even be Phillip Buchanon....:beli:

Edit: I might be done supporting this regime if they really make this rash of a decision at QB. We deserve all the failure we get if we can't pick a QB and stick with them. If you want McGloin in cuz Pryor's hurt ok, but Pryor hasn't played bad enough to just lose his job like that especially with the shyt squad he has around him. If you wanted a passing QB you shoulda just promoted the passing QB in the first place. shyts disgustin.....:beli:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Its the NFL. We all know Mgloin will get hurt soon... Then Pryor will come in and get hurt, just in time for Mgloin to come back and get hurt again.... Which will lead to a QB controversy including Tyler Wilson. It never ends.
c/s

This is today's NFL. One week Pryor's the man the next week McGloins the man. I big upped Pryor to death and I'm still in his corner.. but at this point I just want to see team progress and wins whether its Pryor at the helm or McGloins:manny: Pryor did have me pissed after the Giants game but I'm not writing him off