The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
We should be stockpiling picks by any means necessary.

unfortunately for us, this year's draft is not top heavy like last year .. so unless somebody with a late 1 and (2) 2's that are dispensible (Niners?) I can't imagine many teams wanting to jump up that high...

chances are we will be stuck with that pick but i hope i'm wrong

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
unfortunately for us, this year's draft is not top heavy like last year .. so unless somebody with a late 1 and (2) 2's that are dispensible (Niners?) I can't imagine many teams wanting to jump up that high...

chances are we will be stuck with that pick but i hope i'm wrong

If thats the case we need to get a DT with that pick.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
@VicTafur
#Raiders negotiating w/ Philip Wheeler's agent as we tweet. "I'm anxious," Wheeler said over phone. "I'm not sure if it's going well or not"

Wheeler: "I don't know if coming back (to Oakland) is best scenario or not. I had good time here but I'm not sure who's on team next year."

Wheeler: "There's plenty of teams out there. It's very important to me to get back to being part of a winning organization."

:manny: bye. He was solid for us but we won't be any good next year anyway so it's whatever.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
:manny: bye. He was solid for us but we won't be any good next year anyway so it's whatever.

He wasn't good for us at all... regulary out of position, not a good edge rusher and he was just mediocre at pass coverage

Miles Burris is the only one they need to keep at LB...

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
LMAO@ yall nikkas covering up MT Davis with a tarp for football games now just to make sure you sellout. Only team in the league with a tarp lol. Pisses me off tho cause that means tickets are gonna be higher when my Steelers come to Oakland smh

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
without really no draft picks.. i would cut players left and right and try to get somewhere under the cap so u can draw at least 2 big name free-agents..

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
He wasn't good for us at all... regulary out of position, not a good edge rusher and he was just mediocre at pass coverage

Miles Burris is the only one they need to keep at LB...

nikka act like he beasted out there last year :what: Yeah you got some tackles but you not like that.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Jackson claims that before being hired as offensive coordinator in 2010, Al Davis offered him the position of general manager. Jackson says he turned it down because his passion is coaching and working with players. He says he and Davis never discussed him taking the head coach position -- contrary to speculation that he accepted the coordinator position with an eye on the top job, held by Tom Cable at the time.

Rather than live in the past, Jackson, who'll coach the Bengals' running backs this season, wants to look ahead. He says he's seeking nothing more than an opportunity, which he really hasn't gotten since being fired. Despite breathing life into an Oakland offense that was among the walking dead, taking it from 197 points the year before his arrival to 357 points in his first season, he has been interviewed just twice for a coordinator job, in St. Louis in 2012 and Carolina this year.

"I get surprised by some of the things that are said about me," Jackson said. "Look, I'm not shy. A lot of people in this business go along to get along, and I respect that. But when you ask me an honest question, I'm going to give you an honest answer. I don't think some people like that sometimes. But this thing is about winning. That's what it's always been. Some people don't like that. Some people run from confrontation. I don't run from confrontation. I never have. Some people want you to cower, and there is a time for all of that. But if you ask me something I'm going to tell you.

"Everybody is not for everybody. I'm very vocal, I'm very vocal with my players, I'm very confident in what I'm able to do, and sometimes people take that the wrong way. But I can't worry about what the next man is thinking. My challenge is, go look at what I've coached, who I've coached, go talk to the players and ask them. If you did that you'd get an entirely different description of me. My challenge is to get people to bring me in and let me challenge them on the things that they've heard, because I'm not who some people have painted me to be. I've asked several people who I trust in this business what's going on, but they tell me to be patient, that things will work out."

The fact that Jackson's style is even being discussed could be construed as comical, since brash and bold is celebrated with other coaches (see: anyone with the surname Ryan). But, as one general manager said, Jackson simply needs to put his head down and keep marching forward. Time, he said, should wash anyway any negative stigmas. But will it?

"You have to separate the personal from the professional," said another executive. "The professional isn't the problem with Hue -- it's the personal. The person that hires him [as a coordinator or head coach] is going to have to be comfortable with the personal, because this business is all about relationships."
:childplease:

As speculation continues to swirl about the Raiders needing Carson Palmer to take a paycut to stay on the roster in 2013, the quarterback told CSNBayArea.com Tuesday he is playing the waiting game as well.

In an email exchange, Palmer said he had not heard anything regarding his future.

"Not sure what's going to happen," Palmer wrote. "Would love to be back in Oakland and compete."

Palmer, 33, passed for 4,018 yards in 14-plus games last season, the second-highest single season total in Raiders franchise history. He also had 22 touchdown passes, his second-most since 2007, and 14 interceptions, the third-fewest of his career in which he's appeared in at least 13 games.

His season ended, though, in the first quarter of the Raiders' penultimate game of the season, at Carolina on Dec. 23, when Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy speared him on the left side. Palmer suffered cracked ribs and a bruised lung on the hit.

Palmer, acquired in 2011 by former coach Hue Jackson from Cincinnati for what turned out to be a first-round pick in the 2012 NFL draft and a second-rounder in 2013, restructured his contract to give the Raiders salary cap room last season and played for a base salary of $825,000. As such, he is due to make a base salary of $13 million this season, with a salary cap number of $15.335 million.

He is also due to make base salaries of $15 million in 2014, 2015 and 2016, with salary cap numbers of $17.335 million for each year as well. The contract's years of 2015 and 2016, though, void if he is on the roster five days after the Super Bowl in 2015, according to documents obtained by CSNBayArea.com.
:obama: Hopefully Palmer is not in their plans for the offseason.
Although Myers concedes he’s new to unrestricted free agency, he’s not so sure the timing is right to return to the Raiders _ although he’s hoping for the best.

“Obviously, I’d like to stay,” Myers said by phone Monday night. “I’ve got a lot of friendships and know the coaches really well. They took a chance on me when I got drafted. I’d like to be there but it’s not looking like that right now. I guess I just have to stay patient and figure some stuff out. We’re pretty confident I’ll have ajob here in a couple of weeks, but I’ll just try to sti back and not stress about it.”
:beli: Myers out their feeling himself. You ain't no Zach Miller. Garbage stats bum.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Man fvck Who Jackson? ... yeah right offered the GM position by Al but didn't want it and accepted the OC position... wtf is he smoking? He went from QB Coach from Bmore, one of his most notable "GM" moves coming onboard was making Kyle fukking Boller the backup QB... And didn't this muthafukker say that the Carson Trade was the greatest trade in the history of football???

And Clemenza will come in here saying he should have been given another season

glad he's fukking gone, local media aired out his dirty laundry after he was not brought back that after Al died, he walked around Alameda like he owned the place

GTFOH and hope you never come back to Oakland

King Poetic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Why the Oakland Raiders Need to Trade Darren McFadden

COMMENTARY | You can call him Darren McFragile or even Darren McFracture.
Either way, Oakland Raiders' star running back Darren McFadden has earned the reputation of being one of the most injury-plagued running backs in the NFL.
McFadden has spent five years in the league and has failed to play in more than 13 games in any season.

When healthy, McFadden is one of the most electrifying running backs in the NFL.
Let me emphasize the when healthy part.

The problem is he can never stay healthy.

As McFadden enters the final year of his contract, the Raiders must make a decision on whether he deserves a long-term deal after 2013.

McFadden is expected to take a cap hit of nearly $10 million next season. That sure is a lot of money for a player who can barely finish three-fourths of a season.
With general manager Reggie McKenzie searching to free up some cash before next season begins, McFadden's inability to stay healthy should persuade him into exploring a trade for the injury-prone running back.

Oakland could easily get a second-round and possibly another third-round pick for McFadden, which would be huge for the Raiders since they currently don't have a second-rounder.

If McFadden does get dealt, it's not like Oakland would be left cold in the backfield. Marcel Reece was a stud in McFadden's absence last season as he averaged 4.6 yards per carry and was just as dangerous catching the football.
He was also the only Raider to make the Pro Bowl in 2012.

Reece is only making $1.4 million next season, and he's proven he can stay healthy for an entire season.
McKenzie can get solid production and sustainability at one-seventh of the cost for Reece than he can for McFadden.

Not a bad price for a general manager who is still left to clean the remnants of a financial disaster left behind by Al Davis.

DMC has been a class-act in Oakland, and his ability to baffle opposing defenses had given the Raiders' hope that they had finally found a long-term running back.

Unfortunately, McFadden's body is made of glass.
It just isn't worth it to pay a guy $10 million when he can't even give you more than 13 games a season.

Steven Slivka is a Featured Columnist for the Oakland Raiders. You can follow him on Twitter @STEVEnslivka

Last edited by a moderator:

King Poetic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i have been thinking...

Trade Mcfadden for draft picks.. then go hard for steven jackson and give him a good 3 to 4 year contract.... if unable to get him go after ahmad bradshaw and mendenhall i believe u can both if u are willing to give mcfadden over 10 million or if u willing to give steven jackson a big contract..

then on the defensive side of the ball look for a defensive lineman.. which i like the bengals michael johnson..

then the draft should focus on defensive tackles, linebackers and a position hand receiver