The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
46ce7234805311e29d6522000a9f134c_7_zpsecbb83f7.jpg

at the camaraderie :wow: hopefully this hard work pays off and they are able to take their careers to the next level and the raider nation can reap the benefits of it.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
i got to give it up to TP, he is putting in the work. something jawalrus always said he would do, called the receivers out but never showed up

watching nfl network football life of al davis

i forgot he was a ginger and that's where his son gets the hair color from

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
If the raiders decide to play pryor...then the draft they should focus on defense and hit the free agent market for offensive players.

We all know we need CB And Defensive linemen

free-agent market if pryor at qb i want ahmad bradshaw not only he's a good runner he'll help pryor on go to backs out the backfield

we also would need a go receiver with sure hands and knows how to get open..

King Poetic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It appears that new Oakland Raiders offensive coordinator Greg Olson is prepared to undo one of the errors of his predecessor, one that led to the Raiders ranking 18th in the NFL in rushing in 2012.

While he's at it, Olson should make an even bigger change. One that carries with it significant risk but gives the Raiders the best chance of moving forward after years of mismanagement.

It's time for Terrelle Pryor to start at quarterback.

The first switch Olson is making, according to Eric Gilmore of Bay Area Sports Beat, is abandoning the zone-blocking technique implemented by previous offensive coordinator Greg Knapp in favor of the power-blocking scheme the team employed previously.

"Initially, maybe a year ago, they weren’t sure about that zone scheme. Now, after a year of having to look at it, hey, maybe he [Darren McFadden] is a downhill runner. So we’ll get back to some of the gap scheme and the things he does well."

This news should inspire elation in Raiders fans. Simply put, the zone-blocking scheme was an absolute disaster in 2012. After averaging more than five yards a carry in both 2010 and 2011, McFadden's yards per tote plummeted to 3.3 a year ago.

Now Olson and head coach need to keep that momentum going by giving Terrelle Pryor the keys to the offense.

Olson told Steve Corkran of Bay Area News Group, "There has to be competition at every position," including quarterback, but there are a couple of reasons why the Raiders are best served making that competition between Pryor and someone else and severing ties with Palmer altogether.

The first is Palmer's onerous salary for 2013. The Raiders are in one of the most precarious salary cap situations in the league, and Palmer is set to make $13 million this year.

That's $13 million for a 33-year-old quarterback with 30 interceptions and a losing record since joining the Raiders.

The Raiders know what they have in Palmer, and that's a league-average quarterback with an above-average salary who personifies the terrible personnel decisions of the previous regime.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
taiwan jones is being moved back to DB

i hope the reports of raiders giving Geno Smith a serious look at 3 is smoke and mirrors.

raiders need an edge rusher like something serious

defense is important for sure, but we can't expect a bunch of rookies to contribute right away. hopefully they can trade down from 3 and pick up a 2nd round pick

i'm not renewing my season tickets until after the NFL draft outcome

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I want all defense in this draft, I'm sick and tired of seeing teams run and pass on us. I had high hopes for McClain but I guess it won't work out. I woulda loved to see him and Jarvis teamed up at the backers but fukk it, trading down and stockpiling on picks or picking the most talented player on the board that's the move to make.

King Poetic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Should Geno Smith be an Oakland target?

Earlier Tuesday, I had a Twitter discussion with several readers about the idea of the Oakland Raiders taking West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith with the No. 3 pick in the NFL draft.

There have been a lot of rumors that the Raiders could be interested in Smith. It provided a lively Twitter talk, so I thought we should bring it over to the blog.

Todd McShay's Top 32 At this point, just under three months before the draft, I don’t like the idea. I think it would be a mistake for Oakland to take Smith.

Oakland has major needs on defense. There are several high-quality defensive prospects in the draft. The Raiders should be able to get an impact defensive player with the third overall pick. Thus far, Smith hasn’t proven he is a top-of-the-draft prospect.

Also, the Raiders don’t have a pressing need at quarterback. Carson Palmer, who Oakland gave up a first-round pick for last year and who the team still owes the Bengals a second-round pick this year for, is 33 years old, and the Raiders can get by another year with him. Plus, 2011 third-round supplemental pick Terrelle Pryor still has a chance to develop.

I just don’t see why Oakland should bypass other needs for help at a position where it is not immediately needed. Unlike the 2013 draft quarterback class, the next couple of quarterback classes are shaping up nicely. Oakland can wait to take to a quarterback, all the while giving Pryor more time to develop.

There is no way to know if the Raiders are truly interested in Smith. Maybe word is leaking to drum up interest in the No. 3 pick. Oakland, which doesn’t have picks in the second and fifth rounds, could use some extra picks. Maybe the Raiders think Smith is terrible, but they want to get the Chiefs, who need a quarterback, to panic and take Smith with the No. 1 pick.

This is draft season. Everything is possible. But unless Smith becomes a sure thing in the next three months, I’m not a big fan of the idea of the Raiders taking him

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
He'd be a very well paid receiver. Hopefully those were flukes and he isn't really built glass soft. :upsetfavre:

I agree breh from the small sample size from his rookie season and his short sophomore season he got knack for making big plays in the return game , receiving and those reverse run, great body control to adjust to off target throws and nose for the endzone. He definitely is one of the more dynamic exciting players in the league when healthy and would probably be around the desean and mike Wallace tier wrs if he stayed so. Unfortunately, hes been hurt in all 3 seasons; but if one raider was to turn around i wouldn't be surprised if it was Ford hopefully can stay healthy for once so we see more of this

Last edited by a moderator:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
I agree breh from the small sample size from his rookie season and his short sophomore season he got knack for making big plays in the return game , receiving and those reverse run, great body control to adjust to off target throws and nose for the endzone. He definitely is one of the more dynamic exciting players in the league when healthy and would probably be around the desean and mike Wallace tier wrs if he stayed so. Unfortunately, hes been hurt in all 3 seasons; but if one raider was to turn around i wouldn't be surprised if it was Ford hopefully can stay healthy for once so we see more of this Jacoby Ford 71-yard TD run - YouTube
Jacoby Ford vs Chiefs, week 9, 2010 - YouTube
Jacoby Ford steals it in mid air vs Dolphins WK 12 - YouTube

Would like to see it too but I don't think it will happen. Dude could be big time if he gets tougher. I hope he has gotten over the Campbell trade and ready to play some football.