The Official 2013 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Giannis Adetokunbo
After scoring 17 points on 4/5 from inside the arc and 2/4 from three on top of 5 rebounds, 1 assist, and 4 fouls in 20 minutes against a Turkish team including 2012 Nets second-rounder Ilkan Karaman, Euroleague center Oguz Savas, and former Texas point guard Dogus Balbay, Giannis Adetokunbo was impressive in his third game in as many days.

Starting off the game with a cheap foul and a traveling call, which have plagued the competition on the whole, Adetokunbo finished the first quarter against the Italian Senior National B Team with 0 points. Scoring 10 points in the second quarter, he connected on a couple of nice floaters in the lane to get himself going. Finishing the game with 12 points, Adetokunbo once again showed promising offensive versatility, doing a little bit of everything in the paint, from the perimeter, and as a primary ball handler, but also making it clear that he still has a ways to go on this end of the floor.

Once again, Adetokubo did his best work on the defensive end, where his length and foot speed allowed him to contest perimeter shots, defend multiple positions after switching, rotate from the weakside to challenge shots, and trap ball-handlers in the corners. Though he lacks strength, the 18 year old didn't let himself get pushed around by the more experienced player he was competing against, showing the type of toughness he'll need as he begins to compete more regularly against quality competition.

The NBA scouts in attendance had a hard time hiding how impressed that were with his poise and basketball relative to where he's at in his learning curve. Teams in the 20's believe there's virtually no chance he gets to them. While Adetokunbo was far from dominant here, he helped himself in a major way by showing that he can hold his own against legitimate players over the last two days against a collection of talented pros from Italy and Turkey which will earn him a significant boost in our top-100 rankings and 2013 mock draft when we make our next updates.

DraftExpress: 2013 adidas Eurocamp: Day Three

He's going to Atlanta

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
DX updated their mock draft last night.

DraftExpress: Mock Draft

Notable rises and falls:

- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope moves up to #12 to OKC
- Giannis Adetokunbo moves up to #15 to the Bucks
- Kelly Olynyk falls to #16 to the Celtics
- Rudy Gobert falls to #19 to the Cavs
- Tim Hardaway Jr moves to #23 to the Pacers
- Dennis Schroeder falls to #24 to the Knicks
- Isaiah Canaan appears in the 1st round for the first time to the Spurs

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps

The interesting thing about this post, is that the reports I've heard from people that went to see him say say he looked good, but he public disclosures were "He looked good, but too raw. Not that great an athlete." - which means the subterfuge (as we'd expect) is in full effect.

I've been on the bandwagon, and continue to be.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
DX updated their mock draft last night.

DraftExpress: Mock Draft

Notable rises and falls:

- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope moves up to #12 to OKC
- Giannis Adetokunbo moves up to #15 to the Bucks
- Kelly Olynyk falls to #16 to the Celtics
- Rudy Gobert falls to #19 to the Cavs
- Tim Hardaway Jr moves to #23 to the Pacers
- Dennis Schroeder falls to #24 to the Knicks
- Isaiah Canaan appears in the 1st round for the first time to the Spurs

The league don't want Caldwell-Pope in OKC, that's gonna be too much of a problem right there :whew:

New Orleans drafting a PF 6th a year after taking a PF 1st though? And has Portland given up on Leonard already? All the mocks I'm seeing has them taking another 7 footer this year.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Victor Oladipo has moved into the Cavs' conversation for first overall, along with Noel, Len, and Otto Porter, according to Ford.

Virtually every team near the top of the draft is still considering Ben McLemore, but during a workout with the Suns, he declined to compete against Oladipo and Shabazz Muhammad, which didn't sit well with some evaluators. "He needs to compete," said a GM whose team has a lottery pick. "Or it's only going to reinforce our biggest fears about him. There is no consensus in this draft. He's got to come and earn it."

The Kings may prefer Michael Carter-Williams to Trey Burke, if they draft a point guard.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope had a "terrific" workout with the Timberwolves, and could be the team's sleeper at No. 9 overall, says Ford.

Dennis Schroeder's stock may have been negatively affected by his workouts. "He looked frustrated," said a scout for one team that worked out Schroeder. "His body language wasn't great. He's a very good talent and I wouldn't read too much into the workout, but it didn't really help him."

The Knicks are "especially high" on Tony Mitchell, according to Ford.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The league don't want Caldwell-Pope in OKC, that's gonna be too much of a problem right there :whew:

New Orleans drafting a PF 6th a year after taking a PF 1st though? And has Portland given up on Leonard already? All the mocks I'm seeing has them taking another 7 footer this year.

Portlad wants a defensive center. It's why I can't shake Gorgui Dieng out of that spot for them.

and with that, my updated 2 round mock.

I'll break down some of my reasons a little later.

ROUND 1

1. Cavaliers- Nerlens Noel, F/C, Kentucky
2. Magic- Ben McLemore, G, Kansas
3. Wizards- Otto Porter, F, Georgetown
4. Bobcats- Anthony Bennett, F, UNLV
5. Suns- Victor Oladipo, G, Indiana
6. Pelicans- Alex Len, C, Maryland
7. Kings- Michael Carter-Williams, G, Syracuse
8. Pistons- Trey Burke, G, Michigan
9. Timberwolves- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, G, Georgia
10. Trail Blazers- Gorgui Dieng, C, Louisville
11. 76ers- Cody Zeller, F, Indiana
12. Thunder- C.J. McCollum, G, Lehigh
13. Mavericks- Lucas Nogueira, C, Brazil
14. Jazz- Shane Larkin, G, Miami
15. Bucks- Sergei Karasev, F, Russia
16. Celtics- Shabazz Muhammad, F, UCLA
17. Hawks- Giannis Antetokoumpo, F, Greece
18. Hawks- Steven Adams, C, Pittsburgh
19. Cavaliers- Dennis Schroeder, G, France
20. Bulls- Kelly Olynyk, C, Gonzaga
21. Jazz- Mason Plumlee, F, Duke
22. Nets- Rudy Gobert, C, France
23. Pacers- Nate Wolters, G, South Dakota State
24. Knicks- Erick Green, G, Virginia Tech
25. Clippers- Jamaal Franklin, G, San Diego State
26. Timberwolves- Glen Rice, Jr., G, Georgia Tech /Vipers
27. Nuggets- Reggie Bullock, F, North Carolina
28. Spurs- Tony Mitchell, F, North Texas
29. Thunder- Mohammedou Jaiteh, C, France
30. Suns- Tim Hardaway Jr., G, Michigan

ROUND 2

31. Cavaliers- Tony Snell, F, New Mexico
32. Thunder- Jeff Withey, C, Kansas
33. Cavaliers- Allen Crabbe, G, California
34. Rockets- Mike Muscala, C, Bucknell
35. 76ers- Ricky Ledo, F, Providence
36. Kings- Livio Jean-Charles, F, France
37. Wizards- C.J. Leslie, F, NC State
38. Pistons- James Ennis, F, San Jose State
39. Trail Blazers- Isaiah Canaan, G, Murray State
40. Trail Blazers- DeShaun Thomas, F, Ohio State
41. Grizzlies- Adonis Thomas, F, Memphis
42. 76ers- Colton Iverson, C, Colorado State
43. Bucks- Pierre Jackson, G, Baylor
44. Mavericks- Nemanja Nedovic, G, Serbia
45. Trail Blazers- Alex Abrines, G, Spain
46. Jazz- Lorenzo Brown, G, North Carolina State
47. Hawks- Augusto Cesar Lima, F, Brazil
48. Lakers- Ray McCallum, G, Detroit
49. Bulls- Archie Goodwin, G, Kentucky
50. Hawks- Solomon Hill, F, Arizona
51. Magic- Phil Pressey, G, Missouri
52. Timberwolves- Erik Murphy, F, Florida
53. Pacers- Marko Todorovic, C, Montenegro
54. Wizards- Bojan Dubljevic, F, Montenegro
55. Grizzlies- Robert Covington, F, Tennessee State
56. Pistons- Myck Kabongo, G, Texas
57. Suns- Raul Neto, G, Brazil
58. Spurs- Kenny Kadji, C, Miami
59. Timberwolves- Seth Curry, G, Duke
60. Grizzlies- Mindaugas Kupsas, C, Lithuania

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@tremonthustler1

How come Shabazz aint a lottery pick on any mock drafts? I swear dude was a top 8 pick just a few weeks ago

Last edited by a moderator:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
@tremonthustler1

How come Shabazz aint a lottery pick on any mock drafts? I swear dude was a top 8 pick just a few weeks ago

For one reason or another, GM's are red-lining him (that means they're crossing him off boards entirely). Some don't like the sketchiness of his dad. Others don't like that he can't go right. Advanced numbers suggest that he ain't shyt and that if he turns out to be great in spite of that, he'll be the first one, because nobody with the low assist numbers he puts up turn out to be stars.

I think he's being unfairly targeted, but I have him dropping because even in weak draft, someone's gonna be the odd man out and Shabazz right now looks like the guy that will drop. There's at least one every year that falls for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
It's so strange (as a GS fan) to have not been in this thread before today...

Good luck to all in the lottery (we may see you again next year, but I hope not!)...

Nice work as usual Tre...

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!

:leon:

looking into him (n\b) now.....

Edit: :whoa: nikka can't get himself to the bucket\FT line, aint gone work
he a jacker too, we good