The Official 2013 NBA Draft Talk Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is Oladipo starting for Orlando? What's good with Afflalo?

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Kabongo averaged 15 and 5 dude felt himself to much looking at mock drafts thinking he'd be a first round pick

He's better than Corry Joseph but played his cards horribly

Its sad I used to go to the church he went to

Now he's just a scrub will be lucky to even see a NBA roster

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

The Heat

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Miami Heat pick up un-drafted PG Myck Kabango. He was expected to be drafted around the 58th pick.
Miami Heat just got there new franchise PG. :troll:
:snoop: Can't believe Lakers didn't draft him.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
I gotta go check out a draft board, I still have no clue where half these nikkas ended up

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
The roster is just a mashup of :wtf:

You look at what they're doing and it's honestly just "What?", they realistically could have traded down and got him if their asking price for the top pick wasn't so absurd.

I think Bennett could actually be a decent scorer, but have no idea what position he will play. If they got him to play the 4 then what does that mean for Thompson, and if they got him to play the 3 he needs to lose 20lbs.

Had they taken Drummond last year, they could have gone McLemore this year. Or, they could have had Jonas/Barnes and then McLemore this year, just fukking stupid picks all around and they reach on every one of them.

The Cavs desperately tried to trade their pick but no team was willing to trade up in this garbage draft. You can't just wish a trade into existence, you have to have a willing partner.

Personally I wanted McLemore at #1 but I am willing to give the team the benefit of the doubt. Lots of teams ended up passing on guys like McLemore and Noel so obviously there were big question marks on them. Yes the Cavs already have Thompson but I think you need to take the best player on your board regardless of position when you have a #1 pick.

And another thing, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters weren't bad picks. For the most part they are outplaying all the players drafted after them with one or two exceptions.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The roster is just a mashup of :wtf:

You look at what they're doing and it's honestly just "What?", they realistically could have traded down and got him if their asking price for the top pick wasn't so absurd.

I think Bennett could actually be a decent scorer, but have no idea what position he will play. If they got him to play the 4 then what does that mean for Thompson, and if they got him to play the 3 he needs to lose 20lbs.

Had they taken Drummond last year, they could have gone McLemore this year. Or, they could have had Jonas/Barnes and then McLemore this year, just fukking stupid picks all around and they reach on every one of them.
Yeah I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what the plan is. I don't hate Waiters but it will take me a while to forgot about drafting him over Drummond, especially after seeing Drummond in person.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The Cavs desperately tried to trade their pick but no team was willing to trade up in this garbage draft. You can't just wish a trade into existence, you have to have a willing partner.

They didn't desperately try to trade that pick, their asking price for this years pick was unrealistic, they were essentially asking for Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge for it :russ:. They couldn't trade down because Grant was treating the pick like Wiggins, Randle or Parker were potential number 1s, he was asking way too much for it in return.

Personally I wanted McLemore at #1 but I am willing to give the team the benefit of the doubt. Lots of teams ended up passing on guys like McLemore and Noel so obviously there were big question marks on them. Yes the Cavs already have Thompson but I think you need to take the best player on your board regardless of position when you have a #1 pick.

Give me a break, you argued that there was no need to take Drummond because they had Varejao. Now that they took a PF, when they already have a PF, you're on some "Take the best player available!". So which is it dude, if it were simply about taking best player available regardless of who you already have McLemore would have been the pick. Also, Bennett is not a 3, if he loses weight and tries to play the 3 what makes him what he is will go out the window, his strength is being an undersized 4 that is quick & strong enough to take taller players off the dribble and cause a mismatch.

And another thing, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters weren't bad picks. For the most part they are outplaying all the players drafted after them with one or two exceptions.

Both were reaches, and all you need to know about Thompson is that they took a power forward this year. Jonas will be better than Thompson, and Drummond will be or is already better than Waiters, having that frontcourt would have been an absolute nightmare for teams in the future because Drummond is athletic enough to defend stretch 4s.

And with both of those guys being bigs with slow development processes, you would have been able to get the SG or SF this year, whether it was McLemore or Porter. The Cavs have shown no foresight when it comes to drafting, they STILL need a center and passed on two guys that will probably be vying for best center in the league title in 3-5 years.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
They didn't desperately try to trade that pick, their asking price for this years pick was unrealistic, they were essentially asking for Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge for it :russ:. They couldn't trade down because Grant was treating the pick like Wiggins, Randle or Parker were potential number 1s, he was asking way too much for it in return.

Give me a break, you argued that there was no need to take Drummond because they had Varejao. Now that they took a PF, when they already have a PF, you're on some "Take the best player available!". So which is it dude, if it were simply about taking best player available regardless of who you already have McLemore would have been the pick. Also, Bennett is not a 3, if he loses weight and tries to play the 3 what makes him what he is will go out the window, his strength is being an undersized 4 that is quick & strong enough to take taller players off the dribble and cause a mismatch.

Both were reaches, and all you need to know about Thompson is that they took a power forward this year. Jonas will be better than Thompson, and Drummond will be or is already better than Waiters, having that frontcourt would have been an absolute nightmare for teams in the future because Drummond is athletic enough to defend stretch 4s.

And with both of those guys being bigs with slow development processes, you would have been able to get the SG or SF this year, whether it was McLemore or Porter. The Cavs have shown no foresight when it comes to drafting, they STILL need a center and passed on two guys that will probably be vying for best center in the league title in 3-5 years.

To sum this up, Wilt REALLY likes Drummond.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Yeah I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what the plan is. I don't hate Waiters but it will take me a while to forgot about drafting him over Drummond, especially after seeing Drummond in person.

I don't even think Bennett is a bad player, he's talented, it just makes the Thompson pick look bad when you take a dude at number 1 who is a PF. Especially when you spent the last week trying to trade for an all-star level PF, it says enough about how they actually view Thompson.