The Office final season thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If you remember, Andy started out as an a$$hole when he was fukking with Jim at the Scranton branch.

Andy was an annoying idiot but he wasn't a callous a$$hole. Its like the last 3 to 4 years of character growth didn't happen. And the sole reason for doing it was to start this JIm and Pam 2.0 nonsense with Erin and Fake Jim which is stupid because Fake Jim is a totally unnecessary character.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
That last scene really had me like :sadcam: a little

When Darryl said I'm goin miss the paper biz it hit me the show is really ending.

This has been a great season so far, even the Erin and fake Jim stuff is pissing me off. And Jim and Pam finally fight and it only took 5 seasons lol. We all know they will work it out it's just nice to see some tension between the two.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Words cannot express how angry they are making me by having a member of the crew on camera and be part of the story 3 straight episodes after going 10 years and only acknowledging them once.

This breaking kayfabe shyt will definitely hurt the show's legacy in the long run and should be looked at as an absolute joke.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Words cannot express how angry they are making me by having a member of the crew on camera and be part of the story 3 straight episodes after going 10 years and only acknowledging them once.

This breaking kayfabe shyt will definitely hurt the show's legacy in the long run and should be looked at as an absolute joke.

Yup, it's gone too far. It's outrageously stupid

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
The camera crew finally getting involved doesn't bother me that much. I completely forgot about the camera crew and documentary until the Goodbye Michael episode. While putting Brian into the Pam/Jim relationship is forced it's also refreshing to finally see some drama between the, so I'll take the good with the bad. I don't think it's the greatest but I don't hate it as much as you guys. But it's a fine line they're towing and it could get really ugly and hurt the show's legacy depending on how they handle it. But a mose cameo and having Badger from Breaking Bad play Dwights cousin makes up for it.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
The camera crew finally getting involved doesn't bother me that much. I completely forgot about the camera crew and documentary until the Goodbye Michael episode. While putting Brian into the Pam/Jim relationship is forced it's also refreshing to finally see some drama between the, so I'll take the good with the bad. I don't think it's the greatest but I don't hate it as much as you guys. But it's a fine line they're towing and it could get really ugly and hurt the show's legacy depending on how they handle it. But a mose cameo and having Badger from Breaking Bad play Dwights cousin makes up for it.

They stepped over that fine line. Habitual line steppers they became. :ld:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
They stepped over that fine line. Habitual line steppers they became. :ld:

I don't know personally I think they're still towing it but leaning towards stepping over it. But my judgement is clouded because Andy hasn't been on the show and I can't stand his character. So no Andy for me already makes the episode at least a 6.5/10 lol. Once Andy returns to ruin the show I should be able to make a better judgement pertaining the the over stepping of lines lol.

Daps
Kind of agree the reveal shouldn't have shoehorned Brian as a character like that

This season, while better than season 8, shows that they're running on fumes even with the re-involvement of series creator Greg Daniels.

I also hate what they're doing with Toby. They're going overboard with his creepy behavior this season. Michael vs Toby worked because Michael had irrational hate for this wallflower character who could be a little grating but now they seem to be justifying that hate.

I don't buy Oscar ever doing that to Angela no matter how much he hated her. Outside of Jim, Pam (and once upon a time, Ryan) Oscar was the straight-men (ironic because he's gay) highly moral and knowledgeable characters on the show. Now he's devolved into a petty individual like the others in the office. Disappointing.

I miss Ryan. Another missed opportunity considering the show started on his first day and besides Pam and Michael he underwent the most change on the show. He was clearly going through an identity crisis after getting arrested for fraud and the writers in seasons 1-3 would've combined comedy and character development whereas since season 6 they go for comedy first even if the jokes aren't true to these characters.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:huhldup: @ that camera guy shyt. almost 10 years without a mention.... now this?