The New PS5 is a downgrade, Sony foul y'all

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Uh that's cap. It was called the EE chip (emotion engine) and that chip only cost Sony something insanely low like $6? Maybe $13 but not more. I just know it was seriously cheap and the reason fire the removal is the same reason why the PS5 isn't backwards compatible. Smarten up spilz :martin:

The PS5 is big as shyt, even bigger than the PS3/Foreman grill :what:

Started it up a couple days ago with my lady, we can only play late night because of the kids. We on act 2 at the moment :manny:
Son u continuously have no idea what u talking about. The E Engine was left in the software backwards compatible PS3’s. There was like 3 versions of the PS3 not counting the slim. The OG 60gb version which had an entire PS2 built inside of it. NOT JUST the emotion engine. The 40gb and 20gb stripped down non backwards compatible with PS2 models. And the 80gb Bundle that was backwards compatible with PS2 but only had the Emotion Engine chip used for emulation and not the full PS2 in the console. They were initially taking a $240 loss on every OG PS3 sold.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
9 degrees Fahrenheit is a big difference and that does not include SSD installation. I would say Sony design for this new system is fukking horrible. Worst system they have designed.

Comparing the temperatures to Xbox is retarded due to Xbox having more powerful components but have a ventilation system included in the design of the actual system. The cooling design is top tech in the world. Sony need to copy when revisions are in store a couple of years from now

suck-wwe.gif

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
9 degrees Fahrenheit is a big difference and that does not include SSD installation. I would say Sony design for this new system is fukking horrible. Worst system they have designed.

Comparing the temperatures to Xbox is retarded due to Xbox having more powerful components but have a ventilation system included in the design of the actual system. The cooling design is top tech in the world. Sony need to copy when revisions are in store a couple of years from now
:mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
this is how it's been explained. less heat inside = more exhaust (pretty simple concept)

but xthot idiots just ran with the first bullshyt they saw
So then with this logic the Xbox solution is much better since it's exhausting more heat. Something a Sony Stan has never once said ever in the history of time.

:stylin:*Xbox Shuffle*:stylin:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
So then with this logic the Xbox solution is much better since it's exhausting more heat. Something a Sony Stan has never once said ever in the history of time.

:stylin:*Xbox Shuffle*:stylin:
Yes self, They really had nothing to say to this :francis:

But this story isn't going anywhere and everyone who has weighed in has called it foul. But then I learned something that was :ohhh:

Supposedly this is par for the course with Sony because there's never been a Sony console revision that wasn't a downgrade since the PS3 era :damn:

Whenever Sony has made a slim model it's historically been worse in terms of capabilities and quality of materials used. So for the people lying about how they found a way to better cool the chip? It's the same exact chip with a lesser quality cheaper heatsink to cut cost. Not because they figured out how to do it better :stop: There fukkin system wouldn't be 10ft tall if they was doing things "better" and this is with weaker chips. It's not 12tf of power you know :hhh:

Now if any other Sony stans wanna chime in, please do. I welcome your wisdom...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny how xbots are attacking Jeff grubb simply for saying its no big deal, and thats its probably better.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Funny how xbots are attacking Jeff grubb simply for saying its no big deal, and thats its probably better.

Look at this pr spin, so the Xbox was better all along and you putting that screen shot of the Xbox temps when running gears 5 was to demonstrate how the Xbox fan is better than the PS5.... right? That's what you're saying higher temps means. That's why you posted this right, this right here...
I don’t get it in the very same test it showed that the ps5 still runs much cooler than the series x

E99wauJX0AoGugq
Clearly the Xbox is better at dispelling heat because it runs hotter :whew:

See how these nikkaz claim one reality and then will straight up change reality just to deal with reality :mindblown:

The Sony Stan excuse is "well maybe it cools the chip better" but the experts who broke it down already said in no way is this better :stop:

Now who said it cools the chip better, who said that outside of Sony stans? Sony hasn't said shyt, wouldn't they drop a tweet to confirm that's not the case, put all this to rest. You mean to tell me Sony wouldn't do that? :laff:

Did Jeff grub even test them? And is Austin this scrub who didn't know what he's talking about? Is this the new narrative. I just wanna know. Thanks for trying bruh, I'm enjoying this :hhh:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I've long held onto the theory that the rumors of a 12TF Microsoft console when Mark Cerny realized he needed to go to Sony brass to revise the the PS5 that was going to come out in 2019. Due to generations lasting longer, a one year lead isn't really enough technologically. Cerny realized that more parity among the specs is needed. He is a genius at this stuff and they hit the winning formula last gen at 399. Sony could have just run back the formula this gen for 399 but they learned at Microsoft was going to throw the kitchen sink in at 499 and not have a 150 camera this time. Everyone knows that it was the gpu and the ram from last generation that set the PS4 down the path to success initially.

Now, to my point, you know how the ps5 came in hot, you don't start opening up hardware functions six months after release. Everything about the hardware works as intended out of the box. That's any multimedia device. It's like buying a pc and then having to wait for your USB-C ports to be active but you can still use the slower USB ports. A nuisance but one that definitively shows how not ready a device it was at the time of release in terms of full functionality. The wattage for the ps5 is 350w. That of the XSX is 315w. The ps5 has liquid cooling metal in it as well. Because they threw an anvil at an ant, I'm pretty sure that our launch ps5s are good. However, they threw said anvil at it because, in a mad dash to make 2020 with Microsoft, you have ultimately, a hotter console, even with custom cooling solutions while the gpu, cpu and ram are faster in the XSX with typical cooling. It's why the console is cavernous in size. Gotta get the heat out. Nothing has dissuaded me from thinking that we got the ps5.x.

I just hope Sony knows what they are doing with this rush to cut costs here.
The anvil will be the ps5 pro.

The final sit chow ass down.