The NETFLIX QUINCY JONES documentary shows that DRE AND KANYE aint nowhere near this dude

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh he made popppp

pop music aint the real .I was born in the 1990s so I missed the MJ wave. Aint nothing you can tell me that Quincy is fukking with his contemporaries in JAZZ. Bruh he aint fukkin wit coltrane, Miles.. real innovators.

And Dre was in innovator in his own field

Im not gonna say MJ wasn't dope as fukk... but he made music in the 1980s and how he fukkin wit G funk? :dahell:

this is retarded...DRE sampled to get G funk you simpleton .... he didnt fukking write it .... smh he laid a fukking drumbeat over other peoples compositions

it would make more sense if you said Quincy aint fukking with parliament or George Clinton ... smh

dudes are fukking retarded

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
KKoonye (and his team) is not even better than RZA/Premo/J Dilla/Pete Rock/Havoc/Q-Tip/No I.D:hhh::stopitslime:

Last edited:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Quincy made rap somgs and won a Grammy off of back on the block. Who do you think made the fresh prince of bel air theme song?

He made rap songs but nothing great. Back on the block was corny and the grammys gassed it tbh, it's not something we look back on and are blown away by no matter how much you wanna stretch your imagination. The beats on there come off over produced and are not hiphop drums either. For a Jazz album even, it's just a cool album and nothing special. I don't consider that a hiphop album at all even if it draws from hiphop influences for some of it's songs.

The fresh prince of bel air's theme song beat wasn't even all that. It's not a banger like something by Dj Premiere and tbh Dj Jazzy Jeff probably did a lot more for the production then Quincy.

Y’all in here downplaying quincy Jones impact on hip hop and music in general like your brains are made of noodles. A bunch of his music has even been sampled by hip hop artists countless times.

The man is a legend in music period.
Yeah, he has been sampled and is a great musician but he can't do beats like Dj Premire on an MPC. I doubt it!

He ain't no Dilla son.

Same bed different groove.

What do you mean?

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
He made we are the world ..
You underestimating his knowledge and abilities

I’m sure he can.. I’m not saying it’ll be great but believe me .. with these daws and sample packs he can find a way.
That's my point, he wouldn't be great at it. What hiphop producers do is different from what he does.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
He made rap songs but nothing great. Back on the block

What do you mean?

It all started with the blues which branched off into many many things Jazz, Rock , hip hop, reggae.

I always say that saying whenever someone says that X producer/musician cant make modern contemporary music or keep up with the latest sound.

It's just another bed of sound.

I'm not saying that Quincy cant make trap or OVO sounding music... it's just that when he was a force in the studio that type of sound wasn't commercially appealing (cant say it didn't exist cause we dont know what these jazz musicians created and scrapped.)

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Started watching late last night and feel asleep on it.

shyt is good so far....Quincy done flirted with death so many times :damn:

And goshdamn...don't he love some white women:dead:

Kidada Jones:steviej: