The "Nas Lost" Period Was One Of The Most Bizarre Segments In Hip Hop History

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Or was it STHRN a Mexican and Cacc mixed? I used to have epic battles with him in the Donkey...but STHRN and ECKS was there I don't remember which one started Nas Lost

ecks - im like 99% positive on this

Why Nas though?

for everything posted below - i googled & found this

Nas Lost
14PAGES ON
THIS WIKI
Add New Page
Edit
Comments8 Share

nas taking an L from Jay

Nas Lost is a popular (or unpopular, if you are a dumbass stan) meme on the IC and the Hip Hop internet community at large. It was started by the prolific poster ECKS in about 2005.
Ways in which Nas has lostEdit
"I took the L when he passed it, this little bastid"

Found a used condom on his car babyseat, left there by Jay-Z after Hov fukked Nas's baby mama, Carmen.

Later signed to Jay-Z's label.

Married known prostitute Kelis.

Forced to pay amazing amounts of alimony and child support to Kelis after the inevitable divorce.

Had Kelis tatted on his arm.
Had to beg a judge to reduce his monthly alimony payments because "nahmean, the economy is rough even for, like, emcees, nahmean?"

Is held up by stans as a smart rapper, but has never said anything smart. Only his gritty street album Illmatic is regarded as being any good.

Nas Lost.

Nas LostEdit

nas taking an L

nas being stroked by a male

Nas Lost

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Why Nas though?
Cuz he gave Jay that ether.

Jay stans where more hurt than Jay himself when he went on hot 97 and was scolded by him moms about that condom line not being cool.

So thus the Jay Lost/Nas Lost narrative began to take shape.

And Jay tried to get Nas feeling some kinda of way by mentioning Carmen, yet by then, most found out Carmen was a groupie, Nas moved on, and she fukked Jay out of spite..if they where friends, Carmen would have fukked somebody else that Nas didnt like.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have never heard of the Nas Lost period.

That said: Nas lost vs Jay in the battle and in every statistical category in career and life (hits, beat selection, Bey vs Milkshake girl (I forgot her name) etc. etc.) so it would be logical for people to say ´Nas Lost´.

That said: Illmatic was amazing. Most things after that not counting a hot single here or there was just not up to par.

"Nas Lost" predates literally everything you just said. There was no meaning attached to it, it was just some meme shyt before memes really took off.

And Jay was on the radio sounding like his mom died after "Ether" came out....you're in here talking about Beyonce. You new rap fans are weirdos.

Fred.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Y'all gon make me bust out my classic shirt today
:mjgrin:

gofzSda.jpg
The cac legend in the flesh :blessed:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Not even going to lie, the gifs and memes (before I even knew how to pronounce gifs and memes) produced during the height of this era had me :mjlol:even though I'm a Nas fan.

That and those Roc-A-Fella stories where Bleek kept getting shytted on:russ:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It started as Cam Lost, but at the time the Diplomats had a weird ass die hard online following, kids that would rock pink bandanas and claim dipset and spam message boards with dipset shyt, and they responded by flipping Cam Lost into Nas Lost. Naturally the Jigga Warriors rode the wave like the dikkriders they are and they took it too far. It lasted way longer than 3 years. It was kinda funny at times but some cats posted it like someone unable to repeat a joke right

ynghova187

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas lost comes from the NAS song BLACK GIRL LOST. they just changed the name to NAS Lost its real simple lol