The "Multiverse" is Bad Storytelling

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I thought sales had been increasing. Especially with the MCU and Covid.

Look at any "comic book" or "trade paperback" numbers/chart and MANGA is SMASHING comic books

Look at the culture; young ppl only fukk with anime/manga

shyt like Spiderman can barely move a couple thousand copies if it ain't a Number 1

Which is why DC/Marvel chase social media trends and sell a thousand variants for Issue 1-3

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Look at any "comic book" or "trade paperback" numbers/chart and MANGA is SMASHING comic books

shyt like Spiderman can barely move a couple thousand copies if it ain't a Number 1

Which is why DC/Marvel chase social media trends and sell a thousand variants for Issue 1-3

Edit: nvm. What I read is including Manga

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:The reception that Days Of Future Past got is really what set everything off.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

I’m starting to think it’s the variety of writers that take place in comics. I don’t read manga but if one nikka writes a volume of One Piece can someone else come in with a different vision come in and write a new volume? Or is it just straight linear stories (with some filler)?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Edit: nvm. What I read is including Manga
SpiderHam (#38) :laugh: is the best selling "Big 2" book in Amazon's "Best Sellers in Comics & Graphic Novels" section

Marvel Encyclopedia @ (#50) and Wonder Woman #1 at (#59)

I’m starting to think it’s the variety of writers that take place in comics. I don’t read manga but if one nikka writes a volume of One Piece can someone else come in with a different vision come in and write a new volume? Or is it just straight linear stories (with some filler)?

I don't read manga

But, something about it connects to young ppl who should be reading American comics

That's one of the things; continuity

One Piece been consistency coming out since 1997

This week; two different Spiderman runs are out and one is Issue 0 and the other 13 and I have ZERO clue what they are about

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More or less, when it comes to manga, for better or worse, from beginning to end, it is just one person writing it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Manga traditionally has a single writer that does the entire run.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
SpiderHam (#38) :laugh: is the best selling "Big 2" book in Amazon's "Best Sellers in Comics & Graphic Novels" section

Marvel Encyclopedia @ (#50) and Wonder Woman #1 at (#59)

I don't read manga

But, something about it connects to young ppl who should be reading American comics

That's one of the things; continuity

One Piece been consistency coming out since 1997

This week; two different Spiderman runs are out and one is Issue 0 and the other 13 and I have ZERO clue what they are about

:dead:

at least people still fukk with Last Ronin :ehh:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think the illusion of change, focusing on superheroes, and constantly catering to older fans is what hurts DC and Marvel. I think if allowed creator owned property early on along with their superhero output the western comic industry would've been in a better situation today.

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I think the illusion of change, focusing on superheroes, and constantly catering to older fans is what hurts DC and Marvel. I think if allowed creator owned property early on along with their superhero output the western comic industry would've been in a better situation today.

But, atleast the older fans BUY the material.

I think the biggest fumble has been divorcing the comics and movies and letting the movies be the guide of the comics

Movie goers probably are like 5% actual comic buyers. I'm talking, every week dropping $20 to $100 on comics.

Yes, move forward, but do it in a way that doesn't alienate both new AND old fans and give ppl want they want.

They finally JUST relaunched F4 after almost ten years after Secret Wars

Also with all these new #1's and side issues, newer kids don't know where to start especially when they find out Iron Man in the comics different than Robert Downey Jr

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But, atleast the older fans BUY the material.

I think the biggest fumble has been divorcing the comics and movies and letting the movies be the guide of the comics

Movie goers probably are like 5% actual comic buyers. I'm talking, every week dropping $20 to $100 on comics.

Yes, move forward, but do it in a way that doesn't alienate both new AND old fans and give ppl want they want.

They finally JUST relaunched F4 after almost ten years after Secret Wars

Also with all these new #1's and side issues, newer kids don't know where to start especially when they find out Iron Man in the comics different than Robert Downey Jr
They do and but it's dwindling. The older fans have been complaining about changes since the 80s and probably the 70s.

Thing is if they moved forward and actually made permanent changes the older fans base will complain but they aren't going anywhere.

But the focus on Superhero comics in America hurts the industry too. Tons of girls read manga that are just "slice of life" and think comic books are just superhero fluff. They don't know about a series like Love & Rockets or Strangers in Paradise. Even with comic fans in America a good chunk don't veer away from the superhero genre so they can't suggest a series in that genre to a non-reader