The "Multiverse" is Bad Storytelling

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Issue isnt the idea of the multiverse, it will always be the quality and quantity of writers available to a production company.

Marvel dropped the ball by jumping on Multiverse too quickly to sell tickets and give fan service. They started with time travel in Endgame and could have used that plotline to dictate the next phase of shows/films. Time travel is a WAY simpler plot trope and more digestible for an average moviegoer. BUT the multiverse introduces a wider collection of characters and stories to showcase than time travel can, and makes your overarching storyline malleable. Theres less stakes, suspense or fear of losing characters when you do things like this and waters down the storyline.

Plot tropes will always be a thing but bad writers and storytellers are more frequent than you think. Past 3 years of covid shutdowns, pivoting, budget cuts, and this actors strike, are leaving most of these productions with either dogshyt writing staff or people walking out of their contracts. Theres even chic that only got paid $300 for an episode she wrote for She-Hulk :wow:She-Hulk Writer Claps Back at Disney's CEO By Revealing Their Shockingly Low Paycheck

something similar happened to the light skin dude from Insecure as well- The 1 cent paycheque: here’s the awful truth about being an actor in the ‘golden’ age of streaming

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Its funny...the novelty of the MCU was the U...the universe...the continuity of all the films. There were plenty of duds in the Infinity Saga, but their connection to the MCU made even those interesting. The multiverse idea puts an end to the MCU, and now all that's left is some underwhelming movies with little to no connection to each other.

Plus the writers insisting on shytting on the original MCU at nearly every chance...and now we're here...

OIF.2AVaWI7qbvX3sQyJQduVLA

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not a huge fan of the concept being used but the biggest problem with these comic book multiverse movies is that they up leaning on cheap hype via fanservice cameos and appearances.

nikkas be like ":krs: Keaton Batman in the flash yall! "

":krs: Omg look, jim from the office being a fantastic 4 guy! "

"Omg they got the old professor x actor and played a little of the xmen theme wheb he appears :krs:"

But the overarching movies/stories be mid asf

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I told y'all this was gonna happen.

Witness the prophecy.
It is not the multiverse]

The issue is the people taking over the movies. Really were never ever comic book fans.

If they were. Like I told you. They would never even approach the characters.
I told you would ruin this shyt and the inclusion of those characters and their arc that killed marvel. Are now killing marvel again.

i told y'all. Any attempt to do the dumb ass ultimates universe with scarlet witch was gonna start this decline into the doldrums of hell and here we are.

You can not. I repeat.

you can not repeat errant storytelling to a community who read books. Then try to remonopolize on errant storytelling and think you will continue to draw before enacting mass fan exodus.

Same thing here.

I told you that bicep-less ass mouseawas gonna fukk it up.If especially after starting wars.
If they went down that dumb ass Scarlett witch patch.
Did anyone listen.

no.
fukk no.

now deal with what happens.

when you think you can redo history and revision what happened before. It does not work.

Especially a draw based behind a book based medium.

Like how you gon fool a reading community. When it is obvious the people in charge do not read.

Plus in this instance.

The viewer can tell.
You never read any of the comics.
Plus they viewer can tell..you do. Ot know or even like comics..plus probably do not own any relevent comics. So why are you allowed to make comic book movies.
The problem with comic book movies. Are they are made by people who never made comics and have no real wherewithal on making comics. Basic you guys are getting played by the same semantics. That created why marvel came to be owned by Disney. Just on a faster timeline loop.
to the end game of no really good comics.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Its funny...the novelty of the MCU was the U...the universe...the continuity of all the films. There were plenty of duds in the Infinity Saga, but their connection to the MCU made even those interesting. The multiverse idea puts an end to the MCU, and now all that's left is some underwhelming movies with little to no connection to each other.

Plus the writers insisting on shytting on the original MCU at nearly every chance...and now we're here...

OIF.2AVaWI7qbvX3sQyJQduVLA
I still DIE at that baby-ass Drax arm:mjlol:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

WAS THOR 4 PART OF THE MULTIVERSE SAGA?
SHE HULK?
MOON KNIGHT?