The most RIDICULOUS feats of WOLVERINE

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Anything Wolverine related post 2000, I treat as non-canon. I'm not going to ignore +20yrs of material just to stan and placate the marketing put behind him when the first movie was made. shyt is just ridiculous. I used to love Logan and his story lines, now he's in the bushes for me and it literally saddens me.

explain?

I'm curious as a Superman fan how you'd be unable to accept a natural power creep of a comic character...

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
explain?

I'm curious as a Superman fan how you'd be unable to accept a natural power creep of a comic character...
Im gonna stop you right there breh. Don't make leaping assumptions in order to further your goal. You're free to go through every one of my post and see if you'll find anything remotely praising Superman. A username is a username. Clark is not Kal-El.
:ufdup:

I already explained in my post that alot has changed since Logan became commercial "outside the comic community" and what has changed, I don't like it and do not appreciate it. It would've happened to any character once marketing got involved in this day and age, but it happened to him.

I'd like to know this as well

And why is this fool NEVER around when the crazy shyt with Superman goes down? :hmm:
:sas2:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Im gonna stop you right there breh. Don't make leaping assumptions in order to further your goal. You're free to go through every one of my post and see if you'll find anything remotely praising Superman. A username is a username. Clark is not Kal-El.

I already explained in my post that alot has changed since Logan became commercial "outside the comic community" and what has changed, I don't like it and do not appreciate it. It would've happened to any character once marketing got involved in this day and age, but it happened to him.

You are correct in the assessment that just because you have the name "Clark Kent" as your username, it does not mean you are necessarily a Superman fan. :sas2: ...as you changed your Clark avi to a Spidey avi between these posts :sas1:

What you have not done is explain WHY and WHAT has changed about Logan as a character, you've only mentioned it. I'd like to know what do you FEEL has changed about the character since the 2000s.

you specifically mentioned "+20yrs of material just to stan and placate the marketing put behind him when the first movie was made", what happened post 2000 that changed or contradicted his established character? I'm genuinely curious as to what you may be referring to...

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

:sas2:
I agree that I don't like Wolverine's portrayal in the movies. But realistically, Logan has been the same since day one. He's always been this tortured soul constantly seeking redemption, trying to figure out who he is and why he exists, and coming to terms with the fact that being one of the most efficient killing machines ever created doesn't mean that he can't use his talents to help others and protect the ones he loves.

That's been Logan in a nutshell since day one.

If anything, Logan has gotten softer because the current state of mutantkind has forced him to put the team on his back and try to maintain some semblance of Xaviers dream while Cyclops is out doing his best Magnus Lensherr impression

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I agree that I don't like Wolverine's portrayal in the movies. But realistically, Logan has been the same since day one. He's always been this tortured soul constantly seeking redemption, trying to figure out who he is and why he exists, and coming to terms with the fact that being one of the most efficient killing machines ever created doesn't mean that he can't use his talents to help others and protect the ones he loves.

If anything, Logan has gotten softer because the current state of mutantkind has forced him to put the team on his back and try to maintain some semblance of Xaviers dream while Cyclops is out doing his best Magnus Lensherr impression

Basically. Wolverine is a redemption hero, arguably the best one ever. A big theme in ALL of Marvel's heroes is that they all have some personal or social tragedy or hardship that they all work or have been working to overcome, none of them started out with no flaws. That human aspect of imperfection is why they tend to resonate more than most other universe's heroes across the spectrum.

But my thing was I find it ridiculous, almost laughable, to complain about Wolverine's power creep, something every popular hero has gone through, yet be a Superman fan at the same time because Clark is BY FAR the the MOST BLATANT OFFENDER in that category. Superman over the decades has become a bit of a supreme power fetish for many of his readers and writers.
Grant Morrison himself, one of Superman's best writers, even says he views Superman as a God that he likes to voice his own philosophy through. I think its a bit disingenuous to complain about Wolverine healing faster these days (when there is a substantial backstory explaining why) and champion Superman a guy who has top tier super strength, invulnerability, flight, high end super speed, heat vision, cold breath, telescopic vision, microscopic vision, x-ray vision, the ability to see and hear across the entire electromagnetic spectrum, super hearing, accelerated healing, solar energy absorption, and enhanced memory retention and a BRAND NEW SOLAR FLARE POWER that have fluctuated in scope over the past 50 years.

That said, I don't know @Clark Kent like that, so I'm not trying to speak for him, which is why I'll let him state his case before I can dismiss it as hating

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Basically. Wolverine is a redemption hero, arguably the best one ever. A big theme in ALL of Marvel's heroes is that they all have some personal or social tragedy or hardship that they all work or have been working to overcome, none of them started out with no flaws. That human aspect of imperfection is why they tend to resonate more than most other universe's heroes across the spectrum.

But my thing was I find it ridiculous, almost laughable, to complain about Wolverine's power creep, something every popular hero has gone through, yet be a Superman fan at the same time because Clark is BY FAR the the MOST BLATANT OFFENDER in that category. Superman over the decades has become a bit of a supreme power fetish for many of his readers and writers.
Grant Morrison himself, one of Superman's best writers, even says he views Superman as a God that he likes to voice his own philosophy through. I think its a bit disingenuous to complain about Wolverine healing faster these days (when there is a substantial backstory explaining why) and champion Superman a guy who has top tier super strength, invulnerability, flight, high end super speed, heat vision, cold breath, telescopic vision, microscopic vision, x-ray vision, the ability to see and hear across the entire electromagnetic spectrum, super hearing, accelerated healing, solar energy absorption, and enhanced memory retention and a BRAND NEW SOLAR FLARE POWER that have fluctuated in scope over the past 50 years.

That said, I don't know @Clark Kent like that, so I'm not trying to speak for him, which is why I'll let him state his case before I can dismiss it as hating
On a side note...that last issue of Superman when Big Blue fought Ulysses WAS kinda dope....that Solar Flare had me like :krs:

I saw it coming and I was like "Cmon breh like that shyt rip!!!!" :ooh:

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
On a side note...that last issue of Superman when Big Blue fought Ulysses WAS kinda dope....that Solar Flare had me like :krs:

I saw it coming and I was like "Cmon breh like that shyt rip!!!!" :ooh:

I like Superman, I have gone up and down with him, but what I find more annoying about him is the Jesus complex some people and writers present him at. To me, he is just a man, a hero blessed with ideal circumstances and ability to make a difference. But Superman titles typically give you good Heavyweight brawls and I fully admit a big reason I read comics is for the super powered fighting :lolbron:

Edit: And hell, I've heard writers touch on this but a big reason why Wolverine is fun for a lot of people to write is because you can conceivably do anything to him and he will still come back from. You can't tell a Daredevil story where he gets ripped in half, or a Spider-Man story where he gets shot 5000 times or a Cyclops story where he falls out of a moving plane miles to the planet and all that is casual days for Logan. From a creative standpoint, it becomes "What cool idea can I do to Logan that will give the book a good visual".

I don't like the fact my man gets treated like Wile E. Coyote sometimes, but it is a unique aspect of the character lol

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Yeah that's on Quesada. He's definitely gotten past that once Slott took over permanently. And apparently this secret wars arc is going to change a lot for him and wolverine as well

@MartyMcFly , Actually I been meaning to ask you, how do you feel about Dan Slott and his run on Spider-Man?

Daps
Wolverine shouldn't be able box with the hulk, thing, namor or tag Pietro but he does, inconsistently. Wolverine develops the ability to dodge bullets depending on how big of a main character he is in said story. I remember reading a story where wolverine went toe to toe with namor underwater....weird seeing as doe something wolverine has trouble swimming.

:ohhh:

:dwillhuh:

:wtf:

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Spiderman is above street level.

Everyone you may ntionedz including spiderman uses there minds as well as their skill to overcome their "betters". Wolverine either get his ass thrashed until he blacks out and goes rage mode or loses by default because wolverine can take a more than most can. Wolverine shouldn't be able box with the hulk, thing, namor or tag Pietro but he does, inconsistently. Wolverine develops the ability to dodge bullets depending on how big of a main character he is in said story. I remember reading a story where wolverine went toe to toe with namor underwater....weird seeing as doe something wolverine has trouble swimming.

By jobber aura I mean the ability to make someone take a dive purely to hype you up. Shane McMahon 2 shotting Steve Austin at his gulliest, Batman/Captain America whenever they do in universe crossovers, John Cena's career.

spiderman being above street level:patrice:

i think city buster is the level after street level?

in character spiderman is street level imo, but bloodlusted spiderman is a fukking animal:whoo:his speed, pre cog, and strength would let him take over a city easy.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I like Superman, I have gone up and down with him, but what I find more annoying about him is the Jesus complex some people and writers present him at. To me, he is just a man, a hero blessed with ideal circumstances and ability to make a difference. But Superman titles typically give you good Heavyweight brawls and I fully admit a big reason I read comics is for the super powered fighting :lolbron:

Edit: And hell, I've heard writers touch on this but a big reason why Wolverine is fun for a lot of people to write is because you can conceivably do anything to him and he will still come back from. You can't tell a Daredevil story where he gets ripped in half, or a Spider-Man story where he gets shot 5000 times or a Cyclops story where he falls out of a moving plane miles to the planet and all that is casual days for Logan. From a creative standpoint, it becomes "What cool idea can I do to Logan that will give the book a good visual".

I don't like the fact my man gets treated like Wile E. Coyote sometimes, but it is a unique aspect of the character lol

C/S 100% on all of this.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Top tier martial artist :myman:

newavnv2015_int_lr_0004.jpg

1149912-981158_shangchi3eu5_super.jpg

3458550-wolverine-vs-dare-devil-vs-deathstroke-no-prep-15257.jpg

1713824-wolverine54_12.jpg