The Most Overrated Games In The History Vol.4: Street Fighter series

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I didn't see Meach saying all this about Killer Instinct. In that game if someone bought JUST the two season packs for $40, they'd still have to fork over money for costumes and the upcoming season 3 characters with NO way to get it for free.

SFV gives you sixteen characters at launch with 6 more coming down the line that can be obtainable via in game currency that's reasonable for a fighting game with the option to just buy them but yet this is suddenly a big problem?

How come this option not being there for Killer Instinct isn't something you ever brought up?

In killer instinct you get 17 characters for $40 you can earn the costumes very easily.

There's 17 stages.
Multiple single player modes
A full robust multiplayer section with plenty more options and features than SFV.

When season 3 drops everything is free except the new characters the new graphics and balancing is totally free to all users.

You really don't want to make the value argument between the two games:comeon:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In killer instinct you get 17 characters for $40 you can earn the costumes very easily.

There's 17 stages.
Multiple single player modes
A full robust multiplayer section with plenty more options and features than SFV.

When season 3 drops everything is free except the new characters the new graphics and balancing is totally free to all users.

You really don't want to make the value argument between the two games:comeon:
You're comparing Killer Instinct today, which is almost 3 years old to a game that's barely a week old.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sitting at 76 on metacritic:huhldup:

That Internet hyperbole too?
I don't care if the metacritic was a 40. You think people in the FGC who play online care about that??
Caring about reviews for a fighting game is stupid.

Killer Instinct has a 73 on MC. Is that hyperbole too?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At launch you got 8 for $20, and it still launched with more modes and better online than SFV
*Says the guy who admitted he's playing a pirated copy of the game with no online*

*More modes= Surivival Mode and Dojo(Basically a tutorial/training) mode*

The same as SFV huh?

KI didn't even get arcade mode until APRIL 2014 and the game came out in frigging NOV 2013.

SFV is getting an arcade mode NEXT MONTH.

Please, stop making ingenuous arguments.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't care if the metacritic was a 40. You think people in the FGC who play online care about that??
Caring about reviews for a fighting game is stupid.

Killer Instinct has a 73 on MC. Is that hyperbole too?
SF sells millions of copies. The majority of people playing are not tournament types. It's stupid to pretend the majority of SF fans only care about competition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SF sells millions of copies. The majority of people playing are not tournament types. It's stupid to pretend the majority of SF fans only care about competition.
The majority of people don't necessarily have to be tournament players. Plenty of people are fine with playing online and offline locally. I'm not a big SF competitive guy but I bought it for $35 and I'm fine with what I have for now anyway.

The game is getting more SP content in a month with more features. Those crying about that could simply buy the game next month or wait.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
*Says the guy who admitted he's playing a pirated copy of the game with no online*
1 Vs 1 lobbies. No spectator mode, Yeah I'm sure that's great:heh:

*More modes= Surivival Mode and Dojo(Basically a tutorial/training) mode*
Killer instinct launched with both a training mode(probably the best training mode ever in a fighting game) and a practice mode

The same as SFV huh?
Street Fighter only has a practice mode and survival. You can't even play a single VS. match against the computer.

You honestly can't be arguing that street fighter is anywhere near as complete as KI:stopitslime:

KI didn't even get arcade mode until APRIL 2014 and the game came out in frigging NOV 2013.
It launched with arcade mode. It got the story mode at that time.

SFV is getting an arcade mode NEXT MONTH.

Please, stop making ingenuous arguments.
Street fighter is getting story mode, they still haven't even mentioned arcade mode.

Yes my posts are very ingenious. It's you who were absolutly incorrect with everything you just posted:ufdup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The majority of people don't necessarily have to be tournament players. Plenty of people are fine with playing online and offline locally. I'm not a big SF competitive guy but I bought it for $35 and I'm fine with what I have for now anyway.

The game is getting more SP content in a month with more features. Those crying about that could simply buy the game next month or wait.
After countless posts talking about which games released incomplete and which games had bad DLC, now you wanna defend this one with these mental gymnastics:heh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1 Vs 1 lobbies. No spectator mode, Yeah I'm sure that's great:heh:

Killer instinct launched with both a training mode(probably the best training mode ever in a fighting game) and a practice mode

Street Fighter only has a practice mode and survival. You can't even play a single VS. match against the computer.

It launched with arcade mode. It got the story mode at that time.

Street fighter is getting story mode, they still haven't even mentioned arcade mode.

Yes my posts are very ingenious. It's you who were absolutly incorrect with everything you just posted:ufdup:
Killer Instinct to receive Arcade Mode after Season One release
Killer Instinct Gets New Devs As Fulgore, Arcade Mode Prep For Release | CINEMABLEND
So what is this?

You honestly can't be arguing that street fighter is anywhere near as complete as KI:stopitslime:
Well, you're the one that's talking about Killer Instinct after almost 3 years worth of updates and additions to a game that came out last week.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
At launch there was a simple arcade mode in which you fought a simple ladder of computer opponents.

What was added afterwords was actual story content.

SF launched with neither.

Well, you're the one that's talking about Killer Instinct after almost 3 years worth of updates and additions to a game that came out last week.
You brought up killer instinct, and it was still a better value at launch.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
My original post said the free stuff would be out of reach for non-hardcore players.

Obviously if you are putting 200+ hours in AND WINNING HALF YOUR MATCHES, then you are a very hardcore/competitive player.
It was NEVER meant to benefit the scrubs, breh.

The "free" deal was marketed for the hardcore, the ones who plan on sticking around for the long run. That's why there's a "fukk it I want them now" payment plan for the randoms/non-competitive players.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It was NEVER meant to benefit the scrubs, breh.

The "free" deal was marketed for the hardcore, the ones who plan on sticking around for the long run. That's why there's a "fukk it I want them now" payment plan for the randoms/non-competitive players.
So now, everyone who doesn't want to put hundreds of hours into the game is a scrub and doesn't deserve to get their money's worth?

:stopitslime: