The Medium (XSX, PC) 1/28/21. Xbox Got One???

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol:

I guess this is why gamepass is good because it lets you try these “medium” reviewed games right away instead of waiting until thy hit the bargain bin in a month.

I’m pretty sure this is the first actual next gen xbox exclusive. A 72 (and falling) isn’t that great. Games with much better reviews get killed on here so nikkas on here now trying to act Above it all are coming off see through. regardless of which way you slice it, a 70 is not a great review. I still look forward to watching a playthrough of it over the weekend though.

It’s bizarre to me for as much bragging as yall been doing about the power of xbox to see a game as small as this fall into 900p range is pretty bad
Stan hard Sony brehs :mjlol:

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
9 from gamespot and 8 from ign :ehh:

New zealand trick dont work but it might work at 5pm est time since i heard that the game will be available @ 11 am tommorow

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they're saying on PC a 3080 can't maintain 1080p 60fps

Interested to see what settings that's at. Makes sense though, if the game is legit rendering two of everything at the same time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wait, i thought the game was locked at 30fps due to wanting to create “cinematic feel’?

The developer said: "The game is 4K/30fps. The decision to go with 30 fps is a result of the game's focus on cinematic experience on one hand, and the player's ability to play in 2 worlds at the same time, rendered and displayed simultaneously, on the other hand".

Read more: The Medium dev brags about Xbox Series X power, but game runs 4K 30FPS

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Wait, i thought the game was locked at 30fps due to wanting to create “cinematic feel’?

The developer said: "The game is 4K/30fps. The decision to go with 30 fps is a result of the game's focus on cinematic experience on one hand, and the player's ability to play in 2 worlds at the same time, rendered and displayed simultaneously, on the other hand".

Read more: The Medium dev brags about Xbox Series X power, but game runs 4K 30FPS
Read your own damn quote dummy. It’s rendering two scenes at once

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hardware requirements are high because it’s rendering two games at once.

PC ain’t magic

You’re missing the point:snoop:

I was asking if they changed their minds about including 60fps options in the game when they deliberately said they locked it at 30fps for artistic reasons.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You’re missing the point:snoop:

I was asking if they changed their minds about including 60fps options in the game when they deliberately said they locked it at 30fps for artistic reasons.
They never said they were offering 60fps.

PC dudes are trying to brute force the game to 60. But all of their own information and recommended specs say 30fps

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They never said they were offering 60fps.

PC dudes are trying to brute force the game to 60. But all of their own information and recommended specs say 30fps

Man what are you talking about, it clearly goes up to 60fps on pc despite being locked at 30 on xbox

And then we come to the game’s performance. There are numerous scenes in which The Medium drops below 60fps on the NVIDIA GeForce RTX3080,

The fact that it is allowed to run at 60fps at all completely contradicts their statement of locking it at 30fps on the xbox due to trying to create a cinematic feeling. They said it was an artistic choice to lock it not a technical choice.