The Medium (XSX, PC) 1/28/21. Xbox Got One???

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Anybody tried this on series X yet.

With HDR on the colors are very dull and washed out. Anybody else experience this?
I won't be able to give an opinion that may help you...

Remember, my Series X busted and I'm getting a new one delivered between now and Feb 6.

I will be trying it on the Series S tonight, though.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I won't be able to give an opinion that may help you...

Remember, my Series X busted and I'm getting a new one delivered between now and Feb 6.

I will be trying it on the Series S tonight, though.
I think it was just the opening scene that was supposed to be a dream so it was purposely dusty looking

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn this one looks boring af and that’s no slight to Xbox :francis:

This one just ain’t it I know it’s free on gamespass but I can’t see too many people without it buying this.

on side note it’s going to be interesting to see people who talk shyt about Sony for having “walking simulators” praise this

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

This one just ain’t it I know it’s free on gamespass but I can’t see too many people without it buying this.

on side note it’s going to be interesting to see people who talk shyt about Sony for having “walking simulators” praise this
Let me ask you,

Silent Hill...

Do you think those "xbots" who call death stranding a walking simulator would calm Silent Hill or Outlast one?

Can we be honest here, it was Sony brehs who really started the half joking walking simulator trope about death stranding.

I don't think I've ever heard any other Sony he called that.

Spooky.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me ask you,

Silent Hill...

Do you think those "xbots" who call death stranding a walking simulator would calm Silent Hill or Outlast one?

Can we be honest here, it was Sony brehs who really started the half joking walking simulator trope about death stranding.

I don't think I've ever heard any other Sony he called that.

Spooky.
I’m not talking exclusively here but around the net. I see a lot of comments hating games like Last of Us and especially Until Dawn which is a very good game. Plus please don’t lump me in with the console war shyt I love all systems, if a game is good I play it

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I’m not talking exclusively here but around the net. I see a lot of comments hating games like Last of Us and especially Until Dawn which is a very good game. Plus please don’t lump me in with the console war shyt I love all systems, if a game is good I play it
I wasn't trying to lump you in.

I wasn't trying to sound condescending or disrespectful to you. If you felt that vibe, dead ass, let me know.

I think what you mean is "movie games" where it's intent is to immerse you, long term regarding campaign, into a single player cinematic experience.

And, that's not a knock. It's an attempt to categorize Sony"s bread and butter games that they absolutely are masters at.

Now, if that's not a gamer's main interest; it would weaken that gamer's interest in the value of that particular console.

For me, outside of Red Dead, I've historically soured on long story modes after the initial first week honeymoon stage. So, I'm.sure I'd be in love with God of War, Last of Us and Uncharted in that first week...but after, I'd never finish the story.

So, when I see games like Medium, or Sony's Detroit or Hellblade; they are way more appealing to me because they aren't full five course meals of a game. They are potentially enjoyable campaigns that are less commitment so I can go back and body nikkas with my crew in the multiplayer games that are my absolute favorite way to game.

Respect.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

If you are referring to Death Stranding, that was literally a walking simulator, I mean the game mechanics were built around walking to deliver packages and not falling over. Calling that game a walking simulator is about accurate as you can get. Other than that I have not heard of people calling other Sony games walking simulators.

Furthermore this is an indie horror/adventure game. Not even sure why the comparisons to what Sony offers are being made.

Beyond any of that, this game is nothing like Death Stranding or any other Sony game. It’s more akin to something like one of the Telltale walking dead games or Life is strange.

I can understand why some people will say that style of game is “boring” but it don’t have nothing to do with Sony. Either you like this style of game or not.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO a "walking simulator" is a game like Gone Home, Firewatch, Edith Finch, etc.

for the most part I like those games

Yes but certain people like to use the term "walking simulator :mjlol:" in a dismissive and derogatory way. :mjpls:

Often towards Sony games. :mjpls:

Someone in this very thread, in fact. :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes but certain people like to use the term "walking simulator :mjlol:" in a dismissive and derogatory way. :mjpls:

Often towards Sony games. :mjpls:

Someone in this very thread, in fact. :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:
200.gif