The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The whole game was basically a giant side quest that did little to advance the main narrative and left too much for Mass Effect 3 to do to finish out the trilogy.

I can see that...part 1 had stronger character building/storytelling too...so far this has been recruit this person and do this mission to get them to join...enjoying the hell out of it tho cuz the side missions have been pretty solid and doesn’t feel like busy work

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
redhead...no wonder she so flirty :banderas:

Next to Diana Allers, she's the easiest by far. Barely had time to browse her files before she was trying to turn my FemShep out. :heh:She keeps everything quiet too, so you can creep with her on the low and still pursue a legit romance with someone else.

Y. Kelly. :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ayy how I fix this nikka face?

it was suppose to show up in my research but I’m not seeing it

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can see that...part 1 had stronger character building/storytelling too...so far this has been recruit this person and do this mission to get them to join...enjoying the hell out of it tho cuz the side missions have been pretty solid and doesn’t feel like busy work
Mass Effect 2 ties into the main plot but it doesn't really advance it. At the end of Mass Effect 1 the reapers are coming and we gotta prepare. At the end of Mass Effect 2 the reapers are coming and we gotta prepare. It doesn't help that there's an entire plot thread about dark energy they introduced when Tali joins that they completely abandoned in Mass Effect 3.

Still the structure of Mass Effect 2 is amazing. The suicide mission is to this day probably my greatest experience in gaming. It is a mission where anybody can die and the things you did through the game and the choices you make in the mission matter. I played as a paragon and lost Jack's loyalty, never got it back and still managed to complete it with zero casualties my first time with no guide.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
ayy how I fix this nikka face?

it was suppose to show up in my research but I’m not seeing it
its under ship upgrades i think. but the price is outrageous

edit: regarding ME2.... its riddled with highs and lows. Now that I'm older, its really, really easy to see which stuff was put together by the A team and which fell to the interns.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I maintained a friendship with liara...she hung out with shep on the ship but they didn’t do anything...but kelly and miranda been open ever since lol...kelly came to the room for dinner and miranda touching up shep now

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Still the structure of Mass Effect 2 is amazing. The suicide mission is to this day probably my greatest experience in gaming. It is a mission where anybody can die and the things you did through the game and the choices you make in the mission matter. I played as a paragon and lost Jack's loyalty, never got it back and still managed to complete it with zero casualties my first time with no guide.

can’t wait...but w/e happens, happens :hubie:

I sincerely like jack and jacob...everyone else is expendable :hubie:

its under ship upgrades i think. but the price is outrageous

oh wow...I’ll look again but ya I remember ship upgrades being expensive af

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
jacob is just black kaiden :hhh:
E2ribuDXoAgrhAO

Just finished Mass Effect LE

Just like I thought, it wasn't a huge upgrade. Mostly quality of life upgrade. Not really "modernizing," but, certain stuff made the game too easy--I beat it on Insanity.

But, this is the way, from now on, for new players to play it.

10/10--took nothing away from an already classic game.

@42 Monks You gon hurt any feelings about how goofy the narrative of ME2 actually is, despite it maybe being the best game
:mjgrin:

:laff: already I'm dying at Shepard being hit with a direct shot from a beam from a fukking dreadnought and surviving

Would've been dope if Shepard actually was a clone

That should've had Shepard on the outside of Jeff's escape ship, but, not able to hang on and thrown off--way away from the ship and beam
:mjgrin:

not yet. people still enjoying the ride and it is to be enjoyed regardless of how I feel about ME2 overall

going from a whole ass theme for a planet in ME1 to the majority of places in ME2 being pretty and not much else is kinda jarring.... I still don't know how they do awesome stuff like literally everything that involves to Tali to making Thane. Like how do you make Omega amazing then turn around and leave Tuchanka with thrift market energy?

but im stilll having fun with it. there's more i notice now as im older but its whatever. I'll never call ME2 a bad game. Its just a harsh overcorrrection in a lot of ways while its still being carried entirely by ME1 for the most part.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

If you actually give it a listen and have an open mind, he's right.

I just noticed that the Asari Counselor straight up says "Reapers" atleast twice in the postgame conversation...then, the Council is back to pretending the Reapers don't exist.

One of the demerits of the Mass Effect Franchise is;

They never took the opportunity to maybe make the Council apart of the conspiracy.

They kinda did that with Udina working with Cerberus and planning to kill the Council, but, that's problematic in and of itself in terms of story telling

Not to mention it's the same plot as the first game just supersized.
  • More squad-members to find.
  • A bigger group of people you got to stop from opening a back door for the Reapers.
  • The Council still doesn't fukk with you and that's causing roadblocks.
We've already had these convos in the ME thread, so, no one is soured on the game because of it.

But, it's like Fallout 76, if you look at the long view, the games problems atleast started back with Fallout 3 and that's still a classic game.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Next to Diana Allers, she's the easiest by far. Barely had time to browse her files before she was trying to turn my FemShep out. :heh:She keeps everything quiet too, so you can creep with her on the low and still pursue a legit romance with someone else.

Y. Kelly. :wow:

:dead:

Absolute facts.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You use the Mass Relays to get to each system then if you wanna go to other systems within those ones you gotta use fuel.

Quick tip: whenever you gotta visit a new system, check which planets are labeled “rich” or “good” for minerals and make a habit to mine them. You don’t have to get too OCD about it but if you do that regularly throughout the game, you should have enough materials for upgrades as you unlock them. Don’t waste money constantly replenishing probes & fuel either try to let them run out before refilling if you can or tou can spend more money than you need too keeping your shyt topped off

Planet scanning got a lot of hate and I guess I understand why but I grew to like it just because I know I can always get enough materials if I just grind planet scanning for a quick 10-15 minutes or always be good if I make a habit of doing it whenever I visit a new star system

this was helpful as hell...already up to 30000 platinum...20k more and then I can fix shep face...and it took about 10-15 min as you said to mine about 3-4 planets...just had to purchase probes which wasn’t bad...nowhere near as tedious as I thought it was initially...this game is crack :wtf: