The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow you legitimately missed playing Mass Effect when it came out. How did that happen? Not a fan of RPGs?

ya RPGs are my least favorite gaming genre...story has to be superb and hook me in fairly quickly otherwise the shyt is gonna be boring as hell to me...with other genres the story can afford to be “ok”...an RPG story needs to be airtight

ya it’s a slight nuisance but ammo drops are in abundance so it’s not so bad

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m glad I stopped and talked to this random asari bytch...thought she was gonna ask for help with some side mission but she sent me a message from the rachni queen...I always regretted that decision but seems like I made the right one

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Jumping into ME2 immediately after finishing ME further emphasizes what a substantial leap ME2 was from ME. Graphically. Gameplay. Cutscenes. Even the sound. Reminds me of how I felt watching Terminator 2 after Terminator. Saw both of those back to back as a kid on STARZ. Terminator is a classic, but T2 really took it to another level. Same applies here. :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Jumping into ME2 immediately after finishing ME further emphasizes what a substantial leap ME2 was from ME. Graphically. Gameplay. Cutscenes. Even the sound. Reminds me of how I felt watching Terminator 2 after Terminator. Saw both of those back to back as a kid on STARZ. Terminator is a classic, but T2 really took it to another level. Same applies here. :wow:

I've seen it argued that Mass Effect 2 derailed the franchise. The whole game was basically a giant side quest that did little to advance the main narrative and left too much for Mass Effect 3 to do to finish out the trilogy.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Will the real Kelly Chambers please stand up?!

uxptzkfe7ry61.jpg

:damn:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
E2ribuDXoAgrhAO

Just finished Mass Effect LE

Just like I thought, it wasn't a huge upgrade. Mostly quality of life upgrade. Not really "modernizing," but, certain stuff made the game too easy--I beat it on Insanity.

But, this is the way, from now on, for new players to play it.

10/10--took nothing away from an already classic game.

@42 Monks You gon hurt any feelings about how goofy the narrative of ME2 actually is, despite it maybe being the best game
:mjgrin:

:laff: already I'm dying at Shepard being hit with a direct shot from a beam from a fukking dreadnought and surviving

Would've been dope if Shepard actually was a clone

That should've had Shepard on the outside of Jeff's escape ship, but, not able to hang on and thrown off--way away from the ship and beam