The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Slowly making my way through ME1. I'm enjoying the story and general world building, but the actual combat is the real weak point here.

I think part of what made ME2 hit harder was that it felt like they had a much better idea of what they really wanted to do with classes. For example, playing as a Vanguard feels game knowing how much of a hole you can blow in a fight. In 1, you can put in work, but the game doesn't quite know how to give you the means to best utilize the range you should be working at if you're using the pistols and shotguns you're supposed to be using.

But in 2? Don't know many problems in life that can't be solved by a dose of Charge, Melee, Shotgun blast. Especially if you're working with pyro rounds, or the Geth shotgun. :wow:

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I'm still forcing myself to play ME1. Went to this random planet because I picked up this signal and some fukking sand monster came up out the ground:dwillhuh::picard:

Thresher maw!!!!

I've killed them all. :demonic:

I had been sleep on Liara on ME1, I've been running with her and Garrus lately and I'm loving this shyt, everything just seems to die around us

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Thresher maw!!!!

I've killed them all. :demonic:

I had been sleep on Liara on ME1, I've been running with her and Garrus lately and I'm loving this shyt, everything just seems to die around us

Garrus covers ALL Tech by himself, I can hack and decrypt anything :russ:

Liara is beast mode, I think I'm seeing what other folks saw years ago :wow:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Be consistent with Paragon and Renegade in the first game, you will miss out on Speech checks if you jump between both too often.

I think ME2 and ME3 weren't as bad with that.

Gameplay and your team, yea I still enjoyed them. The characters are very well written and the gameplay gets better in each game.

But yea, the story just doesn't go very well like you said if you did all the side missions. Admiral Kohaku warns you about Cerberus, they lured alliance marines to a distress beacon and got them killed by a Thresher Maw.

And yes, they were trying to make super soldiers using Alliance marines too.

Shepard would fukk someone up for that, Paragon or Renegade. It was just a way to force you to start with a mostly new crew.
I will say this - you don't have to hardline paragon or renegade like that anymore with the new leveling system. I got the achievement for 75/75 in paragon and renegade in one playthrough before even going to Virmire in my first run. That would've been impossible before in a first playthrough I think.

Also, *all* your money carries over into ME2 :dead:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I will say this - you don't have to hardline paragon or renegade like that anymore with the new leveling system. I got the achievement for 75/75 in paragon and renegade in one playthrough before even going to Virmire in my first run. That would've been impossible before in a first playthrough I think.

Also, *all* your money carries over into ME2 :dead:

That is good to know, sometimes I had to choose Paragon for some choices because I didnt have enough hard ass points :hhh:

ALL your money?! :russ:

Used to be capped im pretty sure.