The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
exploring shyt in this game feels cumbersome so far...not really enjoying it

the story itself feels like it’s gonna be epic and I even like the music but the gameplay is so slow and heavily outdated

This game definitely seems like it's for nostalgic folks only. The graphics don't bother me, hell the movement and guns don't either, it's mainly the environment. GTA & RDR got us spoiled. :francis:

It's sad because I think this game with Rockstar's touch would be something serious :wow:

Maybe ME2 and ME3 is better, something tells me it really ain't.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

yep.

This game definitely seems like it's for nostalgic folks only. The graphics don't bother me, hell the movement and guns don't either, it's mainly the environment. GTA & RDR got us spoiled. :francis:

It's sad because I think this game with Rockstar's touch would be something serious :wow:

idk even the gunfights feel lackluster so far...I can definitely see why folks rave about it given the time it came out but right now playing thru it feels like a chore...updated game mechanics would’ve gone over a long way for the better imo...anyway it’s still early...maybe the story will hook me in to the point that the gameplay doesn’t bother me as much

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

ME 2 & 3 are much better

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
yep.

idk even the gunfights feel lackluster so far...I can definitely see why folks raves about it given the time but right now playing thru it feels like a chore...updated game mechanics would’ve gone over a long way for the better imo
the gun fights in ME1 were never that good. at early levels its a slog - especially if you're playing on harder difficulties and its your first time in the game.

its been 10+ years and I still crutch off hammerhead/sledgehammer rounds because I just want to see enemies drop when they get hit

i've always approached ME1 like a 3rd person Deus Ex tbh

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Gameplay and the various environments take a big jump going from 1 to 2. ME1 definitely feels like a game from 2007 design-wise and I can imagine it being a little jarring if hadn't played it back when it first came out over 10 years ago. I did everything I knew I wanted to do and moved on to ME2 pretty quickly because I wasn't trying to grind out extra completionist hours on that old ass shyt:russ:

Honestly if ME1is too slow for the newcomers I would just jump into ME2. Theres a comic book thing where you can relive the moments of the first game and make your major decisions to import into the storyline for ME2. Back in the day if you played on Playstation that was the only way to import your decisions from the first game since ME1 was xbox/pc exclusive

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Theres a comic book thing where you can relive the moments of the first game and make your major decisions to import into the storyline for ME2. Back in the day if you played on Playstation that was the only way to import your decisions from the first game since ME1 was xbox/pc exclusive

I’m put a few more hours into this and see how it goes but this honestly sounds like a good compromise if I can’t get into it

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Gameplay and the various environments take a big jump going from 1 to 2. ME1 definitely feels like a game from 2007 design-wise and I can imagine it being a little jarring if hadn't played it back when it first came out over 10 years ago. I did everything I knew I wanted to do and moved on to ME2 pretty quickly because I wasn't trying to grind out extra completionist hours on that old ass shyt:russ:

Honestly if ME1is too slow for the newcomers I would just jump into ME2. Theres a comic book thing where you can relive the moments of the first game and make your major decisions to import into the storyline for ME2. Back in the day if you played on Playstation that was the only way to import your decisions from the first game since ME1 was xbox/pc exclusive
yeah, and as much as I love ME1 I'll probably be doing this in subsequent playthroughs

low key, the best thing in ME1 is the codex and banter

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
yeah, and as much as I love ME1 I'll probably be doing this in subsequent playthroughs

low key, the best thing in ME1 is the codex and banter

A minor downside with the interactive comic is that it doesn't account for some of the minor characters you can affect in ME1. So characters that could show up and recognize you probably won't appear in the sequels.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“nobody attacks me and walks away :bustback:

nikka really thought he could just start shooting at us and be nice once his ppl took the L :dwillhuh:

I understand the map system much better now...too bad for that nikka :francis:

I ditched the racist white bytch and the other useless cac...rolling with 2 aliens for now