The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
never played any of them

i cant lie i wasnt really fukking w the first one gameplay wise, i followed along w the story and lore and enjoyed all that but it just felt so dated to play; makes sense i guess

boutta get into the second one this weekend hoping its a better experience

Rancor

Pro
Daps
never played any of them

i cant lie i wasnt really fukking w the first one gameplay wise, i followed along w the story and lore and enjoyed all that but it just felt so dated to play; makes sense i guess

boutta get into the second one this weekend hoping its a better experience

The second and third games are way better than the first one gameplay wise

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Be consistent with Paragon and Renegade in the first game, you will miss out on Speech checks if you jump between both too often.

I think ME2 and ME3 weren't as bad with that.

I agree somewhat. I still enjoyed 2 and 3 though. If they remade the first game, they could've added stuff to establish the collectors earlier in the story.. They just feel kind of random in 2. And they could flesh Cerberus. Shepard working with them in 2 makes zero sense if you do the side missions in ME1. In the first game, they experiment on and kill Earth military (if I'm remembering correctly).

Gameplay and your team, yea I still enjoyed them. The characters are very well written and the gameplay gets better in each game.

But yea, the story just doesn't go very well like you said if you did all the side missions. Admiral Kohaku warns you about Cerberus, they lured alliance marines to a distress beacon and got them killed by a Thresher Maw.

And yes, they were trying to make super soldiers using Alliance marines too.

Shepard would fukk someone up for that, Paragon or Renegade. It was just a way to force you to start with a mostly new crew.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
the poison upgrade on the pistol is a damn cheat code:mjgrin::mjgrin::mjgrin:
it feels like the magnum in cyberpunk:mjgrin::mjgrin:
you can definitely get away with high explosive rounds on the pistol

when i played infiltrator i used to just go all in on damage with HE/scram rail/scram rail x master assassination in ME1. fold up a thresher maw on foot light work

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
exploring shyt in this game feels cumbersome so far...not really enjoying it

the story itself feels like it’s gonna be epic and I even like the music but the gameplay is so slow and heavily outdated

Last edited: