The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He should've said "according to my sources" or something along those lines.

He didn't, he literally said what I did above. His time frame is based on when the teaser for an unrelated game, from a different team, came out.

Fred.

Its BioWare breh:manny:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
They would.... if they had any idea themselves. :dead:All Bioware hands are on deck soft-rebooting DA 4 under the hood after it's leaked alpha gameplay went over so poorly. Gonna be like 5 years before any work an a new Mass Effect game starts in earnest, outside of the barest bones pre-pre production stuff.
You're probably right. It's looking more like they're just creating teasers just to get people talking. Only having 2 teasers and a scrambled 20sec audio clip after 3 years is not a good look.
He should've said "according to my sources" or something along those lines.

He didn't, he literally said what I did above. His time frame is based on when the teaser for an unrelated game, from a different team, came out.

Fred.
It's still bad to not have any substantial information after 3 years. Production might not begin until 2025.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You're probably right. It's looking more like they're just creating teasers just to get people talking. Only having 2 teasers and a scrambled 20sec audio clip after 3 years is not a good look.

It's still bad to not have any substantial information after 3 years. Production might not begin until 2025.

I dunno what you consider substantial information. This isn't a "Cyberpunk" situation where they dropped a pre-rendered trailer then went ghost for like 6 years.

We know it takes place after 3, we know Liara is a main character, we know the Relays are being rebuilt, and we know the Destroy ending is canon.

If they don't have a gameplay reveal in the next 12 months I'll agree with you but we know about as much as we possibly can atm without actually seeing footage of it

Fred.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I dunno what you consider substantial information. This isn't a "Cyberpunk" situation where they dropped a pre-rendered trailer then went ghost for like 6 years.

We know it takes place after 3, we know Liara is a main character, we know the Relays are being rebuilt, and we know the Destroy ending is canon.

If they don't have a gameplay reveal in the next 12 months I'll agree with you but we know about as much as we possibly can atm without actually seeing footage of it

Fred.
Substantial is knowing if Shepard is a part of the game or not, and if any of the trilogy characters are going to be in it as well. These teasers are nothing burgers that can be done easily with programmers. They're not showing anything because they have nothing to show. This is why it was stupid to tease this game back in 2020, they did it just to capitalize off the hype the legendary edition was getting.

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The latest game from this was released in 2012. If you could wait well over 9 years to play these games what's another 2.5?

Sure, I guess. The game's a good value even at full price. If somebody thought they had to play the game ASAP nearly three years ago, it's not like they blew crazy money to get a worse experience, or something.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sure, I guess. The game's a good value even at full price. If somebody thought they had to play the game ASAP nearly three years ago, it's not like they blew crazy money to get a worse experience, or something.
Game was free on both PlayStation+ and Xbox via Game Pass and or EA Access. I bought it anyway cause it’s worth $6.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The latest game from this was released in 2012. If you could wait well over 9 years to play these games what's another 2.5?
It was actually better to play it now vs back then, because you get the full experience with DLC and don't have to wait 2 years in between. ME3 endings are still WOAT though:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:, I wouldn't even be surprised if this new one gets cancelled with all the crap going on with Bioware now.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Is Andromeda worth getting on sale?
it's barely worth the bandwidth to pirate it, i could only tolerate playing it when i was too far gone to understand any of the story. playing on performance dehancers is fine tho, u can't control ur squadmates so the skill ceiling's pretty low.