The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yes, The problem is that people unfairly compare it to the trilogy. Imagine comparing a first time spinoff to a series that had 3 games to get you invested. The trilogy has the better stories and characters, but Andromeda has the better combat and graphics. The only thing you can't do in Andromeda combat wise is control your squadmates powers, and that's because they use it on their own all the time. It's usually always on sale for around $10 so you're not spending much anyways.
the combat isn't better - more tools with nothing interesting to fight just leaves you with a flat sandbox of watered down gameplay

i don't even like saying the graphics are better because the art style's changes were so apparent.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yeah, Andromeda isn't a great game by any means, but brehs acting like it's completely worthless is crazy.

The combat in it is the logical progression of where the combat of 3 (more specifically the multiplayer, since the team that made they made Andromeda) was going. The story is a mess, but honestly, after the mess that 3 ended up being, it really wasn't that far off. The characters are generic, it's way too overpadded with needless side quests (especially the game long side quest with tracking down the memory triggers), and could definitely use to be shorter, but it's still a decent time waster for periods where there's nothing else to jump into that's top of the mind. I think they were also suggesting that the Andromeda story might have something to do with the new game that's coming out, so there's the possible added benefit of knowing what the fukk they're talking about when some character shows up, or events get referenced as if you're supposed to know what they're talking about.

If it's cheap, it's worth a buy, as long as no one's expecting something even remotely on the level of the first two games.
The deluxe edition is normally on sale for less than 10 bucks and that's worth it, but I would've been pissed paying $60 for it like most ME fans did when it came out. The side quests do suck but I just like driving around the planets and at least some have a callback to the trilogy, when the ex Cerberus people mentioned Miranda:mjcry:. The only good thing I can say about Andromeda's story is that at least it had a positive payoff, which tells me the team learned from the ME3 mistake. The jump feature was the biggest addition to the ME franchise, and the squadmates AI are like honor students compared to the "run directly into gunfire" AI in ME2(still the GOAT ME though). I don't think I've ever seen a bigger falloff when it comes to a story than Priority Earth in ME3, it literally took a great game and made it average in just one mission. The modded happy ending on YouTube is how the game should've ended.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I just hated the empty planets and the respawning enemy nests. Cruising by the same spot and having to wipe out the same exact group of Kett over and over was annoying.
It reminded me of ME1 in that way. In ME1 the planets were way more barren and you mainly killed Geth & Batarians.
the combat isn't better - more tools with nothing interesting to fight just leaves you with a flat sandbox of watered down gameplay

i don't even like saying the graphics are better because the art style's changes were so apparent.
The graphics are definitely better, the only thing people complained about were the wonky facial expressions. As for combat it actually evolved and was a change of pace from the trilogy where it boils down to just going from room to room and shooting people.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Never finished this game. It was decent but inferior to the original trilogy.
That's why a strong story is so important. Even the bullshyt that was the ME3 story it was still better than Andromeda's story. I feel like the Andromeda initiative would've been better if it was about people leaving the milky way after the reaper war, that way they could've incorporated the OG people with a new cast of characters and tell a better story.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why a strong story is so important. Even the bullshyt that was the ME3 story it was still better than Andromeda's story. I feel like the Andromeda initiative would've been better if it was about people leaving the milky way after the reaper war, that way they could've incorporated the OG people with a new cast of characters and tell a better story.
And the characters were weaker too imo. Couldn’t even really go hardcore renegade iirc. You could just be snarky and sarcastic. Ryder seemed like a Chris Pratt clone. Lame.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
And the characters were weaker too imo. Couldn’t even really go hardcore renegade iirc. You could just be snarky and sarcastic. Ryder seemed like a Chris Pratt clone. Lame.
Which made no sense. It seems like they should've has more of a fukk it attitude since they had a strained relationship with their dad, and had recently had to deal with their mom. Also the Tempest was more dead than the Normandy because there was no random NPC crew members. I did like that they brought back the BGM on the ship, that's what was missing in 2&3.

TDT

All Star
Daps
Theres's a minor questgiver NPC who's a tranny :huhldup:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I've played through the trilogy over half a dozen times. Andromeda was terrible. Forced myself to finish it once and I never touched it again. One of the single most underwhelming gaming sequels ever. How tf do you go from the Reapers, Garrus, & Liara, to the Kett, Liam & Phoebe? I remember nothing about the plot or characters outside of some names and the overall story arc.

They had no idea where they wanted to go after the trilogy, but they knew the IP was a liscene to print money, so they threw darts at the wall hoping one would be a bullseye & land dead center. I legit despised the supporting cast to boot. Their best bet going forward is to 'Halloween III: Season of the Witch' that joke and pretend Andromeda never happened.

TDT

All Star
Daps
Their best bet going forward is to 'Halloween III: Season of the Witch' that joke and pretend Andromeda never happened.
I bet the next ME game going to be on some Star Wars The Force Awakens BS(group of new characters run into the ones from the original trilogy)..they basically did that same mess with Gears 4 and 5 :shaq: