The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're a die-hard Mass Effect fan who's borderline obsessed with the lore. And even then I'd advise against it.
Absurd how mid it is. I love mass effect and I replayed Andromeda once and couldn’t finish it after the initial run through.

But I’m playing the legendary edition again and had a blast running vanguard on ME1 but they nerf the shyt out of it in the second game. Most of your powers are gone and charge is useless for half the game because your shield is so weak you get instantly wrecked. I understand they wanted to make it more challenging but I would’ve rather more enemies and more aggressive enemies while having the same biotic powers and having those powers work on armor/shields vs having every enemy habit armor and shields I gotta break through before using the good shyt.

After the disabled collector ship it got good again though since I added the machine gun but now it’s pretty much just a stunted soldier vs being a biotic beast like I was in the first game.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Absurd how mid it is. I love mass effect and I replayed Andromeda once and couldn’t finish it after the initial run through.

But I’m playing the legendary edition again and had a blast running vanguard on ME1 but they nerf the shyt out of it in the second game. Most of your powers are gone and charge is useless for half the game because your shield is so weak you get instantly wrecked. I understand they wanted to make it more challenging but I would’ve rather more enemies and more aggressive enemies while having the same biotic powers and having those powers work on armor/shields vs having every enemy habit armor and shields I gotta break through before using the good shyt.

After the disabled collector ship it got good again though since I added the machine gun but now it’s pretty much just a stunted soldier vs being a biotic beast like I was in the first game.

Ngl couldn't care less about your mass effect takes while you have that username breh

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
It was actually better to play it now vs back then, because you get the full experience with DLC and don't have to wait 2 years in between. ME3 endings are still WOAT though:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:, I wouldn't even be surprised if this new one gets cancelled with all the crap going on with Bioware now.
ME3 multi-player was an experience that we ain't getting again.

Even if you say it sucked, I had a grand Ole time hiding rooms shooting aliens racking up crates

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:

You mad because I don't want to talk about mass effect with a troll?

Random cac thinks I give a fukk about his opinion on shields in ME2. :dead:
Take it easy dude. I think I’ll get over not having coli user BobbyWojak bless me with his take on ME2.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Is Andromeda worth getting on sale?
Yes, The problem is that people unfairly compare it to the trilogy. Imagine comparing a first time spinoff to a series that had 3 games to get you invested. The trilogy has the better stories and characters, but Andromeda has the better combat and graphics. The only thing you can't do in Andromeda combat wise is control your squadmates powers, and that's because they use it on their own all the time. It's usually always on sale for around $10 so you're not spending much anyways.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, The problem is that people unfairly compare it to the trilogy. Imagine comparing a first time spinoff to a series that had 3 games to get you invested. The trilogy has the better stories and characters, but Andromeda has the better combat and graphics. The only thing you can't do in Andromeda combat wise is control your squadmates powers, and that's because they use it on their own all the time. It's usually always on sale for around $10 so you're not spending much anyways.

Yeah, Andromeda isn't a great game by any means, but brehs acting like it's completely worthless is crazy.

The combat in it is the logical progression of where the combat of 3 (more specifically the multiplayer, since the team that made they made Andromeda) was going. The story is a mess, but honestly, after the mess that 3 ended up being, it really wasn't that far off. The characters are generic, it's way too overpadded with needless side quests (especially the game long side quest with tracking down the memory triggers), and could definitely use to be shorter, but it's still a decent time waster for periods where there's nothing else to jump into that's top of the mind. I think they were also suggesting that the Andromeda story might have something to do with the new game that's coming out, so there's the possible added benefit of knowing what the fukk they're talking about when some character shows up, or events get referenced as if you're supposed to know what they're talking about.

If it's cheap, it's worth a buy, as long as no one's expecting something even remotely on the level of the first two games.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Is Andromeda worth getting on sale?
fukk no, its boring as fukk

we play games to enjoy them above any other reason and this game is not enjoyable. The updated combat is NOT going to hold you over when you get tired of fighting the same dudes over and over.

If this game is 5 dollars, youd be more entertained burning the five than playing this shyt

Last edited:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just hated the empty planets and the respawning enemy nests. Cruising by the same spot and having to wipe out the same exact group of Kett over and over was annoying.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
fukk no, its boring as fukk

we play games to enjoy them above any other reason and this game is not enjoyable. The updated combat is NOT going to hold you over when you get tired of fighting the same dudes over and over.

If this game is 5 dollars, youd be more entertained burning the five than playing this shyt

@spacewraith

You got $5, Dishonored 2 is $2.99 on gog rn:skip: