The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have your final words be "Keelah se'lai", dead quarettes. :mjlol:

I hate that bytch to this day for doing that…I lost 3 ppl throughout the series…wrex, the fish dude and her…she’s the only one I honestly regret losing…I forgot I lost the other guy too…the one you had to choose to save between him and ashley

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I finally finished the trilogy a few days ago. I initially fukked up with the Suicide Mission and got half the crew killed, so I cheated and looked up how to keep everyone alive. Zaeed was the only member that wasn't loyal and didn't realize that it would get him killed in ME3 :huhldup:

I picked the destroy ending, but can definitely see why a lot of people were pissed about the ending as the info dump at the ending with the little dude had no final boss essentially.

I guess my main question is how did Shep and the crew manage to not end up being indoctrinated at any point with how much contact they came in with reaper tech? The game was rather inconsistent and not entirely clear in how the concept worked as I left Rana alive in ME1 on Virmire for her to only end up killing people years later in ME3.

In fairness, you didn't really miss a whole lot of Zaeed in ME3. He was limited since the voice actor died in between games.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
So I finally finished the trilogy a few days ago. I initially fukked up with the Suicide Mission and got half the crew killed, so I cheated and looked up how to keep everyone alive. Zaeed was the only member that wasn't loyal and didn't realize that it would get him killed in ME3 :huhldup:

I picked the destroy ending, but can definitely see why a lot of people were pissed about the ending as the info dump at the ending with the little dude had no final boss essentially.

I guess my main question is how did Shep and the crew manage to not end up being indoctrinated at any point with how much contact they came in with reaper tech? The game was rather inconsistent and not entirely clear in how the concept worked as I left Rana alive in ME1 on Virmire for her to only end up killing people years later in ME3.
Look up the YouTube comments for the suicide mission and you'll see just how:mjpls:the Mass Effect community is. Dudes literally saying they can't wait to get to that mission to kill Jacob:snoop:. I'm going to playthrough the trilogy again this weekend, what's frustrating is that I can't get the final Paragon/Renegade option for Illusive Man in ME3.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Look up the YouTube comments for the suicide mission and you'll see just how:mjpls:the Mass Effect community is. Dudes literally saying they can't wait to get to that mission to kill Jacob:snoop:. I'm going to playthrough the trilogy again this weekend, what's frustrating is that I can't get the final Paragon/Renegade option for Illusive Man in ME3.
When I was reading through Youtube and Reddit when redoing the suicide mission, I didn't realize how much a lot of the community hated Jacob. I didn't find him bad at all and figured the hate was rooted in :mjpls:

I had everyone except Zaeed's loyalty and all the upgrades, but I didn't realize that picking the wrong member for a task could get them killed.

I did get the final Paragon/Renegade option with Illusive Man as I picked all of the dialouge in the left hand corner during the interactions prior to the ending.

Last edited:

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I really wish Bioware would've made the Indoctrination Theory canon. It fit so well with the story and would've cleared up alot of those plotholes. To this day it is my head canon.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i hated jacob too. bruh was USELESS and his space daddy-issues side mission was some of the most cringe shyt in the whole series :mjlol: if there was a time machine in mass effect, i'm taking his ass back to virmire and swapping him out with kaiden

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i hated jacob too. bruh was USELESS and his space daddy-issues side mission was some of the most cringe shyt in the whole series :mjlol: if there was a time machine in mass effect, i'm taking his ass back to virmire and swapping him out with kaiden
Can we talk about how they played the absentee Black father trope and made the dude a sexual abuser?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I hate that bytch to this day for doing that…I lost 3 ppl throughout the series…wrex, the fish dude and her…she’s the only one I honestly regret losing…I forgot I lost the other guy too…the one you had to choose to save between him and ashley

I don't have any permadeaths except Kaiden. :whoa:

I didn't feel like 100%ing my 1st soldier run since I still have to 100% my NG+ so I just rushed through the end. Don't worry, the alien nerd with autoimmune disease y'all love so much is alive. :hhh:

Having a dead Wrex is :camby: though.

Son Goku

Daps
I really wish Bioware would've made the Indoctrination Theory canon. It fit so well with the story and would've cleared up alot of those plotholes. To this day it is my head canon.

:scust:
Nah, my ninja Shep was too smart to fall for that basic brainwashing shyt these weak-minded fools been getting got on. :rudy:

He would just pop a space Excedrin and get back to saving the galaxy with his PAWG by his side. :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't feel like 100%ing my 1st soldier run since I still have to 100% my NG+ so I just rushed through the end. Don't worry, the alien nerd with autoimmune disease y'all love so much is alive. :hhh:

I don’t like that weird ass bytch or her race…but I didn’t appreciate her just jumping off a cliff on my watch tho

Son Goku

Daps
I don’t like that weird ass bytch or her race…but I didn’t appreciate her just jumping off a cliff on my watch tho

:lolbron: I've had her do that on a few non-canon runs just for the lulz. Hit a previous checkpoint just to see her jump again. :ohlawd:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
:mjpls:He wasn't the only person with daddy issues. You really could've kept this post to yourself.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:mjpls:He wasn't the only person with daddy issues. You really could've kept this post to yourself.
only people in here telling on themselves were the ones saying "the krogans are just like african americans if you think about it" :russ: if you want more daps, that's where the money is

the first black party member in the trilogy - and they give him the most unimaginative, pedantic, trope-ridden narrative that would've been played out even in a mid 90s syndicated joint set on the west coast. jacob had a weaker kit that javic somehow and his most memorable dialogue worth in the whole game is when he was interjecting his bad ideas into the suicide mission sequence lol

we need someone to lead a distraction team while we work our way inside
sounds crazy - i volunteer
the whole room -> :what: -> so anyway commander